Morrowind Rebirth is a massive mod with a ton of new features. Down below you can view some of these, but it's only through gameplay that you'll have a chance to fully discover what Rebirth has to offer.
- Almost all cities have recieved massive tweaks including new layouts, houses, shops and other places of interest.
- Massive landscape changes including an effort to eliminate all texture seams and floaters throughout the world.
- New rocks and trees for all regions in Vvardenfell.
- New dungeons spread throughout Vvardenfell.
- More than 20 new creatures such as the Frost Monarch, Ash Scorpion and Swamp Troll seamlessly integrated into the game through leveled-lists.
- Most creatures have recieved new spells/resists and have had tweaks to levels, health, magicka and other variables.
- Removed reflect from most creatures, as the effect was way too common in Morrowind and its expansions.
- Blighted creatures have recieved unique textures to set them appart from their normal counterparts.
- Dremoras and Golden Saints no longer drop Daedric gear such as weapons and shields.
- Many low level creatures such as mudcrabs and scribs are no longer hostile by nature.
- A ton of new armors, weapons and clothing including additions to sets already present in Morrowind, but also new artifacts and enchanted gear.
- Tweaks to values, durability, AR and other variables.
- The magnitude, duration and area of effect of all spells have been tweaked to provide the player with more useful options in combat.
- All of the old starting spells have been removed in favor of new ones that are cheap to cast, while still being effective.
- New spells and variation of vanilla spells have been added to NPCs and vendors.
- Some spell-effects can no longer be used for spellmaking.
- Plant and organic containers are less likely spawn alchemy components.
- Player made potions are now 50 % less valueable compared to vanilla.
- Vendors no longer restock ingredients.
- Only certain enemies will have soul values high enough to be used for constant effect enchantments.
- Summoned creatures now have 50 % of the soul value compared to vanilla counterpats.
- Grand soul gems are now limited, and does not appear as random loot.
- Blank scrolls in various qualities can now be bought from enchanters.
- Soul gems in various qualities can now be bought from enchanters.
- The cost of creating enchantments have been reduced by 50 %.
- The recharge-rate of enchantments have been reduced by 50 % +.
- Some spell-effects can no longer be used for enchanting.
- There's now a 50 % chance that you can recover projectiles such as arrows and bolts after combat.
- Fire, Shock, Frost and Lightning-shields now damages opponents that gets too close to the "bubble".
- Traveling by boat, silt strider or using Mage's Guild services is now much more costly.
- Jumping from great hights will now either kill the player or cause a lot of damage.
- Using trainers for increasing skills is now much more costly.
- Camp fires and other sources of heat will now cause damage.
- Minimum running speed has been greatly increased.
- Shops, city gates and other places closes at night.
- Tweaks to almost all birthsigns to make them either more useful or less powerful. Previously most players used either the Lady or the Atronach.
Leveled list tweaks
- Most containers contain less valuebles such as gold, gems and other valueble items.
- All containers that previously had a set amount of gold now have a random amount of gold.
- Low level creatures such as netches now spawn at level 1.
- Deadra no longer spawn in the Grazelands.
- Fixed hundreds of bugs such as script errors, typos, incorrect uvs, missing textures, bleeding objects, incorrect pathgrids and more.
- Included is the largest and most up-to-date collection of mesh replacers, some which are only available in this modification.
- Artifacts and magical gear of great power is now either guarded, put in locked containers or protected by traps.
- Dark Brotherhood assassins now carry less valueble gear, and will no longer be an easy source of income.
- Important characters, guards and other NPCs now have more health and better protective gear.
- Bounty Hunters will attack you if your bounty reaches a certain threshhold.
- Campfire kits and bedrolls are now available at selected traders.
- Mercenaries for hire now roam the streets of all major cities.
- New musical tracks suitable for both battle and exploration (optional).
- New splashscreens (optional).
- New main menu (optional).
Installation and requirements
Please read the article "Installation & requirements", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Bugs and other issues
It's important that you, the players, provide me with feedback and support. Without it I might not be able to track down bugs introduced by Morrowind Rebirth. You're also welcome to report issues found in vanilla Morrowind. Post your bug-reports in the forum section here: Moddb.com at Nexus: Nexusmods.com or send me a personal message at either site.
Morrowind Rebirth and MGSO
I do not recommend MGSO for two reasons: 1) It's outdated 2) It's unoptimized. MGSO includes a heap of stuff including textures that are inconsistent, and meshes that are so badly optimized that they can cause serious fps-issues. This is especially troublesome when using Morrowind Rebirth along with MGSO, since Rebirth adds a ton of stuff to the gameworld. One object without proper collision or with too many polys won't cause any harm, but multiply that by ten and you are bound to experience massive framedrops.
Rebirth on the other hand includes a large number of mesh replacers that are, in most cases, optimized. These meshes are also up-to-date, ensuring that you, the player, will have the best looking models possible without causing a ton of hitching. With that said I wouldn't recommend MGSO. The proper way to play Rebirth with the best possible fidelity is to use MGE XE: Nexusmods.com and handpick texture replacers from either morrowind nexus or morrowind modding history.
Morrowind Rebirth and OpenMW
Morrowind Rebirth is currently compatible with OpenMW, and should be compatible with it's multiplayer component, too. Note that OpenMW is still a work in progress so changes in future releases might cause compatibility issues.
Morrowind Rebirth and Tamriel Rebuilt
At this moment I do not recommend using Tamriel Rebuilt with Morrowind Rebirth. While TR is an amazing mod, it doesn't really work well with Morrowind Rebirth due to several reasons. First of all the balance in TR is based on vanilla, thus every item, weapon, armor, rewards etc will not go well with the balance changes in Rebirth. Another thing that will prove to be troublesome is the fact that Morrowind Rebirth comes with a lot of new models replacing rocks, trees, furniture etc. This causes issues like floaters, bleeding objects etc in the mainland, where many models are based on the footprint of vanilla models.
I heartly recommend getting TR, but play it in a separate installation just to be on the safe side. Follow this guide on how to create multiple copies of Morrowind: Wiki.theassimilationlab.com
Old Save Games
Please read the article "How to update your old save game to a new version using Wyre Mash", which can be found here: Moddb.com
Please read the article "Compatiblity", which can be found here: Moddb.com