February 10th 0.45 Beta - SURVIVAL UPDATE vol.2. New features and additions. Check the full changelog or read the last featured article.
***** FEBRUARY 10 2020 - V0.45 Beta "Survival Update vol.2"
*STAMINA SYSTEM OVERHAUL*:
- The Space Marine Class loses stamina quickly, and recharges it quickly too (although a little slower than before).
- The Survivalist Class now recharges stamina very slowly and also loses it slowly.
- New Ability: SURVIVAL ISTINCT! Use it to focus and see your surroundings in slow motion. Be careful: consumes a lot of stamina!
- Melee attacks consume some points of stamina each (less if you have berserker strength)
- You become tired at 70% stamina consumption instead of 60%
- Becoming Tired reduces your standard running speed of 30%
- You can still use melee attack when tired, but not if you consume 100% of your stamina (unless you have berserker strength)
- You have a chance to trip and fall to the ground if you try to sprint or perform slide and air kicks while tired (you can still use those kicks if you have berserker strength)
- Soul Crystals, Demons' Adrenaline, SoulSpheres, MegaSpheres, and some other pickups, now also refill variable amounts of Stamina.
- New Item "Erythropoietin shot": use it to refill a large amount of stamina over time and run faster for 20 seconds. Perfect if combined with the "Survival Istinct" ability!
- New Difficulty Setting "We Unhappy few": 500% damage factor, very few enemies, faster and more aggressive monsters (which have 50% more health), and ammo that are more rare than ever! Try it for a perfect Survival horror mood!
- New Weapon: COMBAT KNIVES! Select them from slot 1 or use the dedicated keybinds to throw them and swing them around! NOTE: only while currently equipped, the knife also have access to a charged stab attack that punctures enemies' vital organs, making them lose health over time.
- Furtherly Improved Flares: you can now select them from slot 9 in addition to use the dedicated keybind to quickly throw one. While selected, you can use the primary fire to throw them normally, and the secondary fire to light them up and keep them in your hands, while making light around you. Pressing the secondary fire button at this point will drop the flare at your feet.
- NEW GENERIC SOUND REPLACEMENTS: Sounds for menus, switching buttons and using doors and elevators have been replaced.
- AMBIENCE SOUNDS: Toggleable feature. While on, you'll sometimes hear immersive and creepy sounds from undefined places around the map.
- HEAVY WOUND SOUNDS: If an attack brings your health below a certain threshold, you'll hear specific sounds depending on what caused the wound.
- Minigun's accuracy improved, to make it less useless at medium distances. You'll still have to deal with an heavy recoil though.
- Minigun's primary fire now takes more time to wind-up.
- Flares are a bit more rare.
- Captured Marines waiting to be freed are less noisy and use more various voicelines.
- The Regeneration Artifact now also slowly regenerates stamina and automatically closes open wounds while its effect is active.
- You can no longer move at full speed while using a mounted heavy machinegun. Instead, you can move very slowly while using it (unless you are tired).
- Blood Demons' attacks now properly gibs the player
- The full reload for the pistol didn't work if you tried to unload after firing all your loaded rounds. Now it does.
- Claymore mines now allow the use of flashlight, sprinting and kicking while selected
- Some inventory icons have been adjusted in size and alignment
- Fixed a bug where you could attack with the axe without having enough stamina and without the berserker strength powerup.
- Fixed (hopefully) a bug concerning heavy weapons major's stealth kills.