What is the Imperial Modding community?
Imperial - one of the famous respected communities in Russian and CIS networks. Thanks to this forum, many famous TW modmakers were born. Many reputated modders borned their projects in the Imperial forum and they are glad to introduce their mods in other sites. But the main highlight of it is a special mod project for Rome TW with name of Imperial. This is a global project that has managed to gain respect in the entire Russian community. I hope it will please you too.
Description by Haktar (main author and founder of mod):
"This modification can be traced back to the origins of Rome: Total War modding. But it just so happened that the moira fancifully weave the threads of not only human destinies, but also the destinies of projects. Imperial: Total War is a grand project. Unfortunately, foreign modding companies and forums heard about it only once or twice. But now the time has come, the time of introducing this mod to the big world. However, you should not blame the goddesses of fate for everything, since there is another reason, and it lies in the fact that the author of the mod, Haktar, never tried to promote his brainchild, preferring universal recognition - work for the soul.
Imperial: Total War will appeal not only to fans of classic Rome: Total War, but also to lovers of good balance, especially since the modification has been adapted for Rome: Total War v.1.5. And the first thing that immediately catches your eye is the strategic map, the number of provinces of which has been increased to one hundred and ninety-six regions. The campaign itself begins in 270 BC. e. and has a list of factions similar to the original game, with one exception - Thrace was transformed into the Bosporan kingdom. It will also not be superfluous to note that the distribution of territories among the factions is even, and therefore there are no tiny states, or states of giants. And with all this, the state treasury does not lack funds.
The vanilla style prevails among the units, but at the same time their number and characteristics are perfectly balanced, which creates a positive impression during battles on the tactical map. In turn, an officer and a standard-bearer are registered for most of the detachments, and in some cases an officer and a musician. It is also worth noting that the introduction of a fairly large number of provinces in which a wide variety of mercenaries will be available.
And finally, I would like to note, the rebalancing of units in the city while viewing the settlement on tactics. Now, in addition to the existing women and men, you can see diplomats, officers, soldiers, etc." (c)
FOR NOW THIS MOD IS MOD-FOLDERED AND HAVE ENGLISH TRANSLATION!!!
Main author of mod - Haktar (Imperial TW admin, mapper, modder and a really kindhearted man)
Author of the mod-foldered version - BagaturKhan
This version contains the already installed version of the Imperial TW 1.3 mod with all patches and updates. It is a separate folder. Therefore, no original files need to be changed. Installation is extremely simple. You need just take the folder, put it into the root directory, create a shortcut from Rometw.exe, write in Object there -mod: ImperialTW -show_err, turn on the game and begin your conquest campaigns. No other ways, friends! Everything is simple and for humans!
Of course, this version contains some innovations besides the original mod files (Imperial 1.3). We also agreed on this with my good friend Haktar. As you know, now modding has completely different standards, which means that something had to be corrected, and something even replaced.
- Added a part of nature from the Roma Surrectum II mod
- Added a new lighting system from RS II + changes to the atmosphere on the battlefield
- Added new music tracks from BagaturKhan music packs (i.e. from me)
- Fixed all bugs among individual models and textures (especially for Dacian cataphracts).
- Added two new units - Ptolemaic Hetairoi (in Egypt) and Tauride Hoplite (in the Cimmerian Bosporus).
They are hired at the last levels of development, are expensive and calling 2 turns.
(for now mod sometimes can remind you Macedon Expansion)
ABSOLUTELY NO CTDs!!! (no one!)
Main thread of this mod in the Imperial forum - Imtw.ru
Not mod-foldered version (RUS)
1. What level of difficulty i must prefer? whats level will be interesting?
- I recommend you Medium\Medium or Hard\Hard. Very Hard isn`t stable for this game.
2. I have an error or CTD. What i can do?
- At first, this mod is quite stable. Second, just don`t forget to make a "-show_err" words in the Object of your shortcut. Its can help to see the reason of error. Third, see the main page and you can find download link of CTD fix. Download it and put the file to ImperialTW\data with overwrite. Also, CTDs can be because of your PC settings.
3. Romans are too strong! How to defeat them? Its impossible!
- Romans are not too strong. All things are balanced. There is no cheat factions in this mod. Just try to defeat them by a lot of cavalry or phalangists. One of two ways will anyway work. And don`t forget to kill Roman commanders.
4. Why i can`t see 100 new models here?
- Because this mod is from the group of vanilla-styled projects. If you wanna make your own submod, contact me or Haktar and maybe, you`ll get the permission to do your own work on the Imperial TW base.
5. Will you plan new versions or patches?
- Maybe. New versions will be only mod-foldered. So the nowadays version is not the end. Patches also can be in future.
6. How can i play Senate or Rebels?
- From the descr_strat. Just open it and make these factions to 'playable' group.
7. I wanna take a part of this mod development. Maybe you still needs people with knowledge?
- Of course! Just connect Haktar or me, and we will think about your taking part in the mod working process. This version is still not finished 100%, and we are always glad to see helping people.
8. I heard some not good words about the Imperial forum from somewhere. What can you say?
- Of course not. Don`t believe this nonsence and slander from trolls and bad people. Imperial forum is a very respected community and known since the 2005 year. This forum is ally of many other Total War communities. Many Imperial reputated modders are working with their projects and doing the big contribution for the all Total War modding at all. To say more, Imperial - is a 'father' of many russian TW modders.
If you have some other questions, feel free to contact me in my email firstname.lastname@example.org or write me here in a topic.
The idea to make Imperial TW a mod-folder and not replace the original came to me back in February, and we talked about it with my friend Haktar. The main mod master and the founder of famous and respected Imperial historian community gave permission for such an update. After the release of the first mod-folder build, we thought about what to add to it in the future. To begin with, it was necessary to fix all the other bugs and adjust something with the balance, and only then get to the new things.
What was added afterwards, in 1.33b:
- Fixed all bugs, crashes and sprites errors. Everything works fine now. (if, nevertheless, crashes occur, then this is no longer a problem in mod, but in the PC settings or in the graphics options).
- Fixed music tracks. New music in the main menu.
- Added a few more new units (mainly for Armenia, Pontus, Parthia, Seleucids and some other factions).
- The late Roman troops were slightly weakened (so that there was no imba).
- There are minor gameplay changes for some factions.
- Many new reskins directly from the Barbarians Revenge mod.
- Added addiyional campaign of Tigran the Great (on the map from Imperial TW). There is no binding to the character himself, but after his death in battle there is no point in playing. Tigran has his own separate platoon of elite bodyguards. According to the plot of the campaign, it will be necessary to create a Great Armenia, and at the same time prevent Roman domination in Asia Minor. The beginning of the campaign is 110 BC. Many factions from the original campaign are not included in the plot for Tigran campaign.
- The easter egg has appeared for the Scipio faction. Which one - you will find it yourself.
A special addon for Additional Campaigns has also appeared. Pay attention to it. Its main thing.
List of add-on campaigns:
- Campaign 126 BC (ported to the Cardinal's Imperial TW map)
- Punic Wars campaign (ported map Punic_Wars)
- Campaign of Alexander the Great (ported map of Alex from Cardinal)
All portation work and patch fixes were created by me, BagaturKhan. English translations are within.
1.33b Mod-foldered version link
Campaigns addon for the 1.33b
Installation of mod-folder version is very simple. And you know how to do it, i think. Also if you want to install campaign addon, just put all files from there to ImperialTW folder. and you will have a chance to see additional campaigns in new maps.
- Haktar (my good friend and founder of this mod!)
- 126 BC, AlexanderUpdated and Punic_Wars map creators
- KLA (1 model)
- Barbarians Revenge (some reskins)
- Imperial Community (well, this is the main thanks!)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
New portable campaigns for the Imperial TW in 3 different interesting maps. 2 of them are created by famous Imperial community modders.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.