Hard Doom is a replacement/enhancement mod that replaces all monsters in Doom 2 with versions that are similar in role, but more dangerous. In general, Hard Doom is geared towards players who want a more difficult, genuine survival experience, and it has a variety of visual effects that are more subtle and don't block your view of the action. Over the years since its initial release, it has been meticulously balanced and rebalanced, with new features and effects added to make this a great mod to play through the popular megawads with, without changing Doom's flavor or core gameplay. This mod requires ZDoom, GZDoom, or Zandronum in order to play!
The latest release version 8.3 is here! It includes improved Quad-Shotgun sprites, Coop-MThru bullets, and many tweaks/fixes!
* CVARS For Hosting *
sv_shotgunstart - Enable this to start with the Shotgun and 8 Shells.
sv_ssgdrop - Enable this to make SSGers drop the SSG.
sv_smartaim 3 - Make sure to set this so BFG tracers won't hit other players.
* Change List *
<> Monsters <>
1. Changed the projectile pattern of the Daedabus.
2. Removed the dark red blood color from the Daedabus.
3. Lowered the scale slightly on the Daedabus projectiles to better fit the actual projectile size.
4. Adjusted the projectile trails on the Crackodemon.
5. Lowered the speed of the Crackodemon from 12 to 10.
6. Raised the spread of the Dual-Pistol Zombie's single shots from 9 to 11.25.
7. Made the A_FaceTargets on the Cyberfiend's lunge 4 tics shorter.
8. Raised the distance of the Cyberfiend's lunge slightly.
9. Adjusted the Demon/Spectre melee attacks. The bite now happens a little faster but the melee state still remains 18 tics.
10. Raised the speed of the Pyro Demon's fireshot projectiles from 15 to 16.
11. Raised the radius of the Pyro Demon's fireshot from 8 to 10.
12. Raised the max turn angle of the Pyro Demon's pyroblast from 2 to 4.
13. Halved the direct damage of the Pyro Demon's firebomb explosions and adjusted the explosion radius values (+/-16 from before).
14. Adjusted the Fusion Arachnotron's missile state and raised the projectile speed from 16 to 18.
15. Adjusted the Arachnotron MK3's missile state, projectile scale, trail, and spawn height slightly.
16. Removed a needless 5 tics at the start of the Dark Cyber and Spider's BFG10K attacks.
17. Changed the spread of the Dark Cyber's BFG10K. The first shot now has 0 spread and the other shots have (-3,3) (was -2,2).
18. The Dark Cyber now has a 15 tic delay between the last BFG10K shot and the first rocket instead of 6 tics.
19. Raised the Dual-Chaingunner's spread from 23.625 to 24.75.
20. Raised the Demolisher's chaingun spread from 22.5 to 24.75.
21. Reworked the Dark Spider's missile state. The BFG10k spread is now 0 for the first shot and (-4,4) for the others (was -2,2). It can now use the BFG10K two times in a row and alternate between chaingun and the BFG10K.
22. Made the A_FaceTargets on the Shadowviles wraith attack 20 tics instead of 24 tics.
23. Raised the speed of the Pyro Imp's projectiles from 12 to 14.
24. Raised the damage of the Hell's Fury baron ball projectiles from 8 to 10.
25. Adjusted the Hellfire Revenant's missiles. They will no longer collide with the ground when fired from a high height. They are also slightly less aggressive.
26. Lowered the radius of the Bruiser Demon's bruiserball from 16 to 14.
27. Lowered the explosion radius of the Bruiser Demon's floorhugger projectile from 128 to 112.
28. Fixed the B2 sprite of the Faceless Shotgunner.
29. Added new death frames to the Archon of Hell.
<> Weapons <>
1. Added Coop-MThru bullets. No more shooting teammates!
2. Swapped the weapon slot priorities of the Rocket Launcher and Grenade Launcher.
3. The Quad-Shotgun is now loaded when you first acquire it.
4. Lowered the drop rate of the Quad-Shotgun from 25% to 20%. This results in a 1% chance per ShotgunGuy spawn.
5. Added improved Quad-Shotgun sprites.
6. Added slight screen shake when alt-firing the Quad-Shotgun.
<> Other <>
1. Removed the CVar "sv_coopprojectiles". However Coop-MThru projectiles still remain.
2. Recoded the torch/flare effects. They should now behave online like they did in Zandronum 2.1 and prior. More frames for everyone! :)