Hard Doom is a replacement/enhancement mod that replaces all monsters in Doom 2 with versions that are similar in role, but more dangerous. In general, Hard Doom is geared towards players who want a more difficult, genuine survival experience, and it has a variety of visual effects that are more subtle and don't block your view of the action. Over the years since its initial release, it has been meticulously balanced and rebalanced, with new features and effects added to make this a great mod to play through the popular megawads with, without changing Doom's flavor or core gameplay. This mod requires ZDoom, GZDoom, or Zandronum in order to play!
If you downloaded 8.2 this version replaces it! Version 8.2 has desync issues in Zandronum! So if you don't play online then don't bother downloading this!
* CVARS For Hosting *
sv_shotgunstart - Enable this to start with the Shotgun and 8 Shells.
sv_ssgdrop - Enable this to make SSGers drop the SSG.
sv_coopprojectiles - Enable this to make fired projectiles travel through other players. (Enabled by default)
* Change List *
<> Monsters <>
1. Raised the spread of the Dual-Pistol Zombie to 9 from 8.42.
2. Raised the spread of the Sonic Railgunner's secondary fire to (1.2,0.6) (same values as v7.1).
3. Raised the melee threshold of the Cyberfiend to 52 from 48.
4. Raised the radius of the Pyrodemon's fireshot to 8 from 7.
5. Fixed the trail on the Necrodemon's projectiles.
6. Adjusted the trail on the Arachnotron MK3's projectiles.
<> Weapons <>
1. Fixed the BFG9K hitting players at close range with sv_coopprojectiles enabled.
2. Adjusted the BFG10K projectile trail.
<> Other <>
1. Players now bleed when at 25 health or less.
2. Fixed a bug where keys didn't display on the old-school HUD.
3. Renamed the keys to "Red Skull" for example. This looks better than "redskull" when shared keys is on.