Hard Doom is a replacement/enhancement mod that replaces all monsters in Doom 2 with versions that are similar in role, but more dangerous. In general, Hard Doom is geared towards players who want a more difficult, genuine survival experience, and it has a variety of visual effects that are more subtle and don't block your view of the action. Over the years since its initial release, it has been meticulously balanced and rebalanced, with new features and effects added to make this a great mod to play through the popular megawads with, without changing Doom's flavor or core gameplay. This mod requires ZDoom, GZDoom, or Zandronum in order to play!
The latest release version 8.1.1 is here! This is a small update with some bug fixes and adds the Grenade Launcher back.
* Change List *
<> Monsters <>
1. Doubled the spawn rate of the Ancient Apparition (16% from 8%).
2. Lowered the damage of the Ancient Apparition's ice breath from 4 to 3 per projectile and added +NoDamageThrust.
3. Raised the damage of the Hell's Fury tracers from 5 to 6. This will increase the total tracer attack damage to 18-144 (from 15-120).
4. Made the Shadowvile's wraith attack 5 tics shorter.
5. Increased the Cyberfiend's run speed by 2.
6. Added +NoBloodDecals to the Bruiser Demon.
7. Fixed a sprite bug in software mode with the Rictus rear frames and its blood sprites.
8. Added improved SuperShotgunner front frames.
<> Weapons <>
1. Added the Grenade Launcher back with tweaks and a lower drop rate (25% from 40%).
<> Other <>
1. Made sv_coopprojectiles default to on.
2. Fixed a bug where blood actors would not be removed properly.
3. Tweaked blood actors, and reduced overall amount of gib pieces.
4. Renamed keys to "KeyCard~" instead of "HDKeyCard" so it looks better with shared keys on.