Born out of the old Knowledge of Sirius project, GalaxyLancer is a brand new mod-sequel for Freelancer with a combination of ideas as never seen in this game before. The ideas are great and the things this mod will add are a lot in count!
Our story begins in a new era, in which humanity began to spread through the Milkyway galaxy. Facing the remains of the ancient Daam Kvosh empire, a new mission is set for the patrons of the new galactic era: find all the ancient alien structures spread through the galaxy, and disable them before something tragic happens. While this mission seems simple enough, humanity is yet to face some of the most dangerous species ever born in our galaxy.
Some of the upcoming features:
- Fixes to good old AI bugs, some AI improvements as well.
- Common Plugins: (will reauire the official patch or JFLP)
- Different ammo limit for every entity.
- Dynamic asteroids in fields.
- Sellable and tradable engines, with classes to fit every ship class.
- Equipment now adds mass to your ship (mostly valid for transports).
- NPCs of the same faction as you won't be scanning your cargo.
- Ability to heal a damaged ship via special weapons and zones.
- Random jumo-out points.
- Different speed for different types of tradelanes.
- Jobs in every base now match their difficulity to the player's level.
- NPCs' danger-levels in single player will be matched with the player's level.
- Moors will be available for flyable capital ships.
- Ability to mount multiple types of different repair bots (separatedly).
- Multiple sectors (in addition to Sirius) will now be displayed in the universe map, each with it's own system layout.
- All systems that didn't display their nav map (and are accessible for the player) now do.
- Scrollable ship stats (due to a stat extension).
- Vanilla factions that were hidden from the player's rep list are now displayed.
- Custom classes of flyable ships for the player.
- Systems and specific zones will be marked as a faction's/house's territory.
- Turret view now has a zooming feature.
- New models and tons of systems, as seen in earlier incarnations of the mod.
I am more than glad to announce that this mod has come back on the track of development!
Many have probably noticed that the description changed, as well as the mod's title. Now, I'll keep most of the old content, surely will change some, and built new plots. Right now, the mod is in a pre-planning stage, and you, dear followers, will be updated on any major progress.
I'll upload screenshots of any new work-in-progress models, systems, and update the news with contents and plots.
See ya 'round the corner, and fill yourselves with anticipation 'cause it's not gonna take a little while.
Project leader and main developer, Polarbear.
The mod's work progress is suspended until a new announcement.
If you want the detailed post, click for once on the "news" botton up there.
I'm now entering into a modding rush to release the Alpha open test version ASAP.
Until the end of this month, There may be released an Alpha test version of the Sirius sector addons and modifications.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
My design of Liberty Gunboat. Created using the Merging method. Please credit me when using this model.
This is a pack of Freelancer pilot models I made (one for every colony including pirates like Order and Blood Dragons) in ms3d format. Enjoy! NOTICE...
This is the Nomad Elite I designed. It is used in the Knowledge of Sirius mod. The mod is not released yet, and wont be released soon I think. You can...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Hello Polarts! Is the mod dead? I've been waiting for him for six years now, and he still isn't there. I'm a pretty good modder for Freelancer. Can you give me at least the first alpha or some other developments if you have them.
Hello! Hey please don't let this die! I am looking forward to this mod!
I still hope that the mod will come out soon.
Hi, small ad for a good game: Swat-portal.com
Watching, his cost nothing
This mod is looking awesome looking forward to it. developing this mod on your own ! you are a very amazing
Dude u guys know wht your doing, i have high hopes for u. This is like a freelancer 2....oh yeah! as soon as i beat the first lvl, ill tell u about any bugs, if theres any
Looking good, tracking...
can i play singleplayer with this mod
A bit late to answer, but not until the beta is released. The Alpha was so bad that I had to remake it from 0.
H, Polar Bear.I have problem ih Omicron Delta. When landing on battlship (fraction Order) error and the game in windows vіhodit. Thanks you for cool mod.
Sorry i use google translate .Me english very bad
The mod is going to be very good judging by the announcement that you provided, so I look forward to the upcoming release Fashion.
Thanks for replying. The version you downloaded is the pre-release Alpha version. If you read comments there, you can see that there are too much bugs. Its a miracle you could play it. Since this version was so bad, I decided to rebuild the whole mod from nothing, and I can't even remember what was in the Alpha version, but I remember there was a bug with Battleship Siren in Omicron Delta that many people complained about. Wait to the new Alpha full version, it will be out soon.
Meanwhile you can register to the official forum at: Fl-tk.forumotion.net