'Choose your destiny, mortal. You can save the world of Arda and show your loyalty to Valar. Or you can destroy all lives without any mercy and join the power of Sauron. Choose your side. And fight!'
Here you are the reworked version of legendary Middle-Earth TW, updated by the famous and respected community from Russia - Imperial Community. This project was created by the good mod team of truly masters (Chamber of Records, as i know). They added a lot of new content, realized the full universe of proffessor Tolkin and introduced us a new quality map of the Middle-Earth. But unfortunately, they left a project and stopped the development. Project was in the alpha stage till nowadays. But for now times are changing.
To be fair, the idea of Middle-Earth TW continuation came to me in the beginning of 2016. But i started to work with it only last year. Don`t know why, but better late then never. I worked on it with help of my good friends from the Imperial community. And now i can introduce for you the workable and stable version of this old and creative mod. For now its have a new name - Fall of Barad-Dur.
Of course, this version contains some great innovations besides the original mod files. We also agreed on this with my good friend Haktar, main admin of the Imperial community, and with other respected modders too. So now you can see something more interesting and cool. This is new Middle-Earth! You didn`t see something like this before. This mod have similar style to the famous game - Battle for Middle-Earth II. You will understand it, when you start the campaign.
Changes in the Fall of Barad-Dur mod version:
- Added full content from the original Middle-Earth TW 1.0, developed by Chamber of Recoreds.
- All units from METW available in campaign and fully working, AOR system was reworked
- Added vast amount of new units for all factions (with new quality 3d-models from my good friend VIR, and textures reworked by me)
- Added special portraits for the Elven Kingdoms faction (by me, BagaturKhan)
- Added skies, nature and water from the Roma Surrectum II mod
- Added a full special music pack from BagaturKhan (i.e. from me), tracks are from Hobbit movies and Lord of the Rings.
- Added a lot of new loadscreens from Peter Jacksons LOTR movies.
- A lot of work was made with buildings system of factions
- A lot of work was made with mod UI things (again by me)
- Added Eriador transform to Arnor and culture for this is Dunedain
- Added special religions and beliefs for factions (Morgoth shrines, Orome sacred grooves, temples of Varda and etc.)
- Fixed all bugs, which the "show_err" has found in original mod
- Added a lot of gameplay and balance changes for all factions
- New playable faction - Restored Angmar (Morghrumbahr)
- More agressive atmosphere in the main Fall of Barad-Dur campaign (War with Evil in the start!)
- Some heroes from the Middle-Earth world (Boromir, Faramir for ex)
- Other improvements in all things.
Mod factions for now:
- Kingdoms of West Alliance
- Elven Kingdoms
- Empire of Mordor
- Isengard State
- Gundabad State
- Empire of Harad
- Eriador Alliance
- Easterling Kingdoms
- Rhovanion Kingdoms
- Alliance of Dale and Erebor
- Restored Kingdom of Angmar
- Free Rohirrim
- Independent States
NON-COMPATIBLE WITH STEAM (FOR NOW)
Link from the Imperial forum
Installation is very simple. Just put METW folder to your BI folder. Then create a shortcut from Rometw-bi.exe and write in Object -mod:bi/metw -show_err. After that you can start the shortcut and have a lot of fun.
- This mod still have no new building models in the real-time, so if you want to help with it, feel free to write about it.
- Middle-Earth TW team (of course!)
- TWcenter free packs
- KLA packs
- AQD mod
- MilnerTW packs
- Imperial community
- VIR (Rus TW)
If you have some other questions, feel free to contact me in my email firstname.lastname@example.org or write me here.
In this mod you can reborn the might of the ancient Witch-King realm. But the Witch-King will not be commander of legions. He is replaced by the Morgrumbahr.
Morgrumbahr was one of the Dark Numenoreans. He was the servant of the Witch-King in the period of Angmar Wars. Witch-King appreciated his service and made him as the Carn Dum steward. Morgrumbahr was also marked as a loyal servant of Sauron. And Sauron always gave him a biggest hope.
Morgrumbahr is the main leader of Restored Angmar, and character, which exists in the main campaign. After the Ring has been found in Shire, Sauron sent his loyal servant to the land of North. Morgrumbahr had a big task - to restore the might of Angmar and call the army against the Dunedain of Eriador. Plan was the most terrible - to kill all Dunedain descendants in the former Arnor and make invasion to Lindon.
Morgrumbahr successfully completed the mission of Mordor. He called orks of Angmar to the service of Carn Dum. Then he sent messengers to the Rhudaur tribes. Rhudaur hillmen accepted the offer to kill all Dunedain of North. Their huscarls and tribesmen arrived to the Carn Dum. Also there was an order to call the help of Olog-Hai. Troll of North agreed with Morgrumbahr and joined his army of the Restored Angmar.
Also there were some setllements of former Angmar servants. Morgrumbahr spoke with their elders, and people of Angmar accepted the will of Sauron. Former black numenoreans of North found their armouries and started to be the loyal servants of Morgrumbahr. Descendants of the Angmar officers joined the commandment. After the calling army, Morgrumbahr sent the message to Mordor and said, that all is doing well. Sauron accepted it and commanded to start a war.
And war has come to the Middle-Earth. Eriador was attacked immediately from several sides. Forces of the Restored Angmar blocked all paths and captured some cities. Eriador Council asked a help of Blue Mountain Dwarves and Elves from Lindon. And allies accepted the call of help. Eriador people were not alone. They always had a good allies and friends, and all of them are ready to fight.
But who will win in this terrible battle? Only the wisest knows.