Small patch for Standalone Version. See description below to know what's new.
Note: I am not the mod creator. The download links for this mod have been unavailable for many years and the original creator could not be found. Therefore, I am re-uploading it here on Moddb for people who may be interested in playing it and to serve as a online backup so that the files are still accessible in the future.
The Fall of Rome (FOR) is a full conversion modification for Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion (RTW-BI). The mod starts in the year 375 AD, one year before the Ostrogoths arrive at the borders of the Roman Empire fleeing the feared Huns and a few years before the Battle of Adrianople. It includes features such as new factions, units, loading screens, faction banners and a expanded campaign map going past the Caspian Sea into Central Asia. The mod is stable and fully playable but was not completely finished - some factions are still missing units (i.e. barbarian factions lack variety in infantry).
FOR was originally made and released around the late 2000s-early 2010s on the TWC Center Forums site by a user called florin80. It had its own section in the Rome Total War Hosted Modifications at TWC for a while but was suddenly shut down (around the late 2000s?) without warning. During the forum's existence numerous people contributed to FOR, adding unit skins, faction banners, etc. I have listed those that I still remember below. If you have worked on the mod before but are not listed here please message me and I will add you to the list.
Fall of Rome v1.3, 1.5, 1.6 (main mod, unit skins, faction symbols, etc.) - florin80
Late Antiquity Ancillaries - Joar
Menu Background Videos, Youtube Preview Videos - naxzul666
Roma Surrectum 2 Environments as modified for FOR (Campaign and Battlemap) - dvk901, Roma Surrectum 2 Team
Blarge Campaign Map for BI - the celt, Lionskins (https://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=819)
Preview Images + Moddb Banner - Internetwars Website
Other modifications that were added to FOR included a 4 Turns Per Year mod and a Auxilia Palatina unit skin for the Romano British faction. I do not have these files so they are unavailable. If anybody has these files please feel free to upload them here or contact me.
There are currently two versions of FOR available: the original full conversion mod and a modfolder version provided by Lanjane and created by Razor. The modfolder has all the same features as the original but does not include the Roma Surrectum 2 environments add-on. If you wish to install the original full conversion instructions are provided below. For more information on the modfolder and installation instructions please refer to description in the modfolder file page.
*FOR is a full conversion mod (not a modfolder). This means after installation your original Rome Total War game and the Barbarian Invasion expansion will no longer be playable. I recommend making a complete copy of the Rome - Total War folder (usually in Program Files - Activision or Creative Assembly) as a backup or for installing the mod into.
1) Install the Fall of Rome 1.5 by unzipping the folder and clicking on the executable file included. Please follow the instructions and install into the Rome - Total War folder.
2) Download the Roma Surrectum 2 Environment file. Unzip the multi mod environment file and move the files into the Rome - Total War folder. Click replace all files when prompted. THIS STEP MUST BE DONE BEFORE INSTALLING FALL OF ROME 1.6!!
3) Install Fall of Rome 1.6 by clicking on the executable file and following the instructions provided.
4) Unzip the Late Antiquity Ancillaries File and follow the instructions within.
5) There should be a shortcut created on desktop for playing. If there is none right click on the RTW-BI exe file, choose send to desktop (create shortcut). Right Click on the shortcut and renamed to Fall of Rome or whatever you want. Right click the shortcut again and choose properties. Under the shortcut section look for the target line. At the very end after the quotations type the following: -show_err then click apply and ok. You can also change the shortcut icon by right clicking the shortcut and choosing properties -> change icon -> browse to the main RTW folder and click the FOR.ico file. Then click ok.
6) This step is optional. I have included in the Personal Modifications file changes I made for gameplay purposes. Changes are mainly for the Romano British, Saxon, Berbers, Sassanids and Western / Eastern Roman Empire unit stats + building recruitment and campaign starting positions/units. I have also enabled a Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution option for the campaign map + battle map. Installation Instructions are on the file download page.
7) That's all, enjoy the game! If you liked Fall of Rome please consider leaving a rating or a review :)
From what I remember, instructions on installing FOR for Steam users were not originally included with the mod. I have also never attempted to install FOR for Steam as I only have the CD version of RTW. Therefore I have provided a link below which shows a guide for installing another full conversion RTW mod on Steam (Roma Surrectum 2). Since FOR is also a full conversion mod I hope this will be of help for Steam users when installing FOR.
*It is recommended to play the main campaign for Fall of Rome on the medium size unit scale or lower. The main campaign can be played on huge unit scale but some of the smaller factions (specifically the Franks, Saxons, Romano British & Picts) controlled by the AI may end up greatly lowering the population of the smaller settlements they control through over-recruitment of units. I have included a file that will help with this issue under the Huge Unit Size File Download.
Disk.yandex.ru - Russian Language Translation of FOR 1.6 by Moddb User BagaturKhan
Courtesy of Moddb User BagaturKhan, I am adding links to a sub-mod that was based on the Fall of Rome modification. The sub-mod is called Fall of Rome v1.7 and installation instructions are provided below.
FOR 1.7 ends in 555 AD, i.e. at the peak of the power of eastern Rome under the rule of Emperor Justinian. The mod mainly focuses on the migration of barbarian hordes, and such "goodies" as Roman ethnic traits are thought out and developed more carefully. The main objective was to create an atmosphere of the inexorable and inevitable onset of the Dark Ages.
==Installation Instructions & Links==
FOR 1.7 is a standalone modification and does not require FOR 1.5, 1.6 and related files. FOR 1.7 is also a full conversion modification (not a modfolder). Once you have finished downloading the file please extract and place the BI and data folders from the archive into the root directory of the game where the same folders are located. Agree to replace all files. That's all. The game is launched by the shortcut bi.exe. You don't need to install any patches.
Imtw.ru main mod thread
Imtw.ru 1.7 submod by Saloth Sar
Download Link: Cloud.mail.ru
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Small patch for Standalone Version. See description below to know what's new.
The Fall of Rome modfoldered version (standalone) uploaded by a permission from one of the mod developers, Razor (twcenter.net) Build by Lanjane (Rome...
This file is for playing the main campaign for Fall of Rome on the huge unit size setting only. I strongly recommend making a backup of the descr_strat...
These are my own adjustments I made to the game. It is not required but makes things a bit more balanced for better gameplay.
This is the Roma Surrectum 2 Environment modification for the Fall of Rome mod. This changes the campaign map terrain and the battlemap environment to...
Adds new skins that are more historically accurate for ancillary character retinues in the main campaign. Made by Joar.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.