Sins of a Solar Empire is often described as a 4XRTS game, or a game that tried to merge the action and tactics packed gameplay of a Real time strategy game with the deep, complex, empire wide strategy of a 4X turn based game. It's up to debate whether Sins succeeded in this goal, but I think all can agree that of the 4Xs of "explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate", Sins is much more focused on the exterminate than on the others. This mod seeks to give more depth to the other 3Xs of the game by adding additional game elements or refining the existing ones to reward players who give more strategic thought to the non-combat side of the game. Combat will still be the center point of the game, but players will find that the non-combat options available will be much more rewarding. Spying, exploring, sabotage, diplomacy, culture, and economic development have all been added or changed in innovative new ways. Regardless of what you think Sins is, this is the 4XRTS it should have been.

Forum Thread
1.6 Freezing (Games : Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion : Mods : Enhanced 4X Mod : Forum : Bugs : 1.6 Freezing) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 8 2013 Anchor

Two of my recent games froze up. At first I thought it was related to the Coronata Titan, but my most recent game had no orthodox advent. In both of my recent games, the freezing took place 2-4 hours into the game and coincided with big battles. Both freezes also took place on random medium-large single star maps. In the first game I played Advent Orthodox and in the second I was playing ascended. I can upload the saves if you like.

Edited by: Muan

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Aug 9 2013 Anchor

But there was an Advent player present? Yes please send them over, I would love to finally track this down. If its the same thing from last time I learned it has something to do with an ability firing off, but I'm not sure which one. :S

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Aug 11 2013 Anchor

Ok, first things first, how do I upload game saves?

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Aug 13 2013 Anchor

Muan wrote: Ok, first things first, how do I upload game saves?

What I would prefer and use myself is to take the time and set up a dropbox account. It's a very handy way to transfer files to another person or between computers without needing email or seeing ads. Use this link to get some extra space.

If you'd rather not set up an account, sites like sendspace and I believe mediafire allow for anonymous file uploads but have lots of ads.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Aug 14 2013 Anchor

I don't know if I'm doing this right, but here are the links to the files. If you need more samples or something please let me know. Vasari vs Human games are fun but I want to be playing Advent again one day.

Dropbox.com
Dropbox.com
Dropbox.com
Dropbox.com
Dropbox.com
Dropbox.com

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Aug 15 2013 Anchor

Yup, I can get them! :D Though in the future you may find it easier to zip all the file together so you just need to post one link.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Aug 23 2013 Anchor

On the subject of the Orthodox Titan, Dev mode shows two textures Titan_PsiLoyalist-cl and Titan_PsiLoyalist-da as the second and third worst textures (both were using 10 MB RAM). Don't know if this helps or not, just seemed relevant.

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Aug 23 2013 Anchor

GrandAdmiralLelach wrote: On the subject of the Orthodox Titan, Dev mode shows two textures Titan_PsiLoyalist-cl and Titan_PsiLoyalist-da as the second and third worst textures (both were using 10 MB RAM). Don't know if this helps or not, just seemed relevant.

I wouldn't think so as I haven't changed the titan textures. I looked in the Rebellion texture folder and its actually the Eradica titan that is 10 MB, the Coronata is "only" 8 MB. And ironically the largest texture seems to be the Eradica when its ultimate ability is triggered at 16 MB.

As it is I don't think its a texture issue though, that mostly increases RAM use and when that gets to high it just crashes. This kind of extreme lag I would guess comes from the CPU.

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Aug 23 2013 Anchor

GoaFan77 wrote:

GrandAdmiralLelach wrote: On the subject of the Orthodox Titan, Dev mode shows two textures Titan_PsiLoyalist-cl and Titan_PsiLoyalist-da as the second and third worst textures (both were using 10 MB RAM). Don't know if this helps or not, just seemed relevant.

I wouldn't think so as I haven't changed the titan textures. I looked in the Rebellion texture folder and its actually the Eradica titan that is 10 MB, the Coronata is "only" 8 MB. And ironically the largest texture seems to be the Eradica when its ultimate ability is triggered at 16 MB.

As it is I don't think its a texture issue though, that mostly increases RAM use and when that gets to high it just crashes. This kind of extreme lag I would guess comes from the CPU.

My brief testing showed that when the insurgency research for tec rebel is triggered it starts lagging massively. (I triggered it at 20 min using Dev mode so there were very few ships that had already been built) i don't know where the units cause lag but they seem to be the source after more thorough research.

GoaFan77
GoaFan77 Master Modder
Aug 24 2013 Anchor

GrandAdmiralLelach wrote:

GoaFan77 wrote:

My brief testing showed that when the insurgency research for tec rebel is triggered it starts lagging massively. (I triggered it at 20 min using Dev mode so there were very few ships that had already been built) i don't know where the units cause lag but they seem to be the source after more thorough research.

Hmm, thanks I'll have to see if there was a TEC faction in all these games, but I'll check it out. That said I know I've seen it work in the dev before without any lag when I give all research to a TEC player. :nervous:

--

Enhanced 4X Mod

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.