Sins of a Solar Empire is often described as a 4XRTS game, or a game that tried to merge the action and tactics packed gameplay of a Real time strategy game with the deep, complex, empire wide strategy of a 4X turn based game. It's up to debate whether Sins succeeded in this goal, but I think all can agree that of the 4Xs of "explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate", Sins is much more focused on the exterminate than on the others. This mod seeks to give more depth to the other 3Xs of the game by adding additional game elements or refining the existing ones to reward players who give more strategic thought to the non-combat side of the game. Combat will still be the center point of the game, but players will find that the non-combat options available will be much more rewarding. Spying, exploring, sabotage, diplomacy, culture, and economic development have all been added or changed in innovative new ways. Regardless of what you think Sins is, this is the 4XRTS it should have been.
The Enhanced 4X Mod version 1.85 for Rebellion version 1.94. Updates the mod to fully work with Rebellion 1.94 and the Minor Factions DLC. Checksum is 37322920. WARNING: Do not apply Large Address Aware to this mod. It is now enabled by default.
○ Update for Rebellion 1.94 / Minor factions DLC
○ Added new abilities to minor factions with limited utility.
○ Minor Faction abilities that trade resources now benefit from Minor Faction ability upgrade techs. Trade cooldown reduced by 1 minute per level.
○ Greatly increased embassy HP now that they are more of a target.
○ Envoy Diplomatic Immunity now no longer prevents abilities from being used, but duration reduced to 20 seconds.
○ Reduced antimodule damage against capitalships, heavy cruisers, light frigates, and corvettes.
○ Somewhat reduced chance of random encounters of NPC owned planets, to prevent crowding out areas for Minor Factions to spawn.
○ Fixed (increased) XP from killing Corvettes.
○ Fixed a vanilla Sins bug with the Triumvirate map's starting forces (thanks GulSurvives for always picking the worst maps!)