Cthulhu is a single-player modification for Half-Life.
It contains 65 maps, 21 new monsters and 14 new weapons.
Aeons ago, Earth was ruled by The Great Old Ones, beings so alien and terrible that merely seeing them would drive most people mad. Before man's ancestors climbed down from the trees, these being were defeated in a war with The Elder Gods.
But their alien nature meant that they could not be slain in any way that we would understand, so they were imprisoned.
And so they wait, patient and potent until the stars are right and they shall walk forth once again and wipe mankind from the face of the Earth.
You play Ranulf Stafford, an occult investigator in Arkham in the year 1928. Drawn into a nightmare chain of events, you find yourself the only thing standing between mankind and the return of Cthulhu, one of the most dreadful of The Great Old Ones.
Can't believe it took me almost one whole year to think of actually tampering with the maps (among other things), but yeah, 2.0 ladies and gents!
I don't really have much to say for this news article, as i already have told everything i know about the mod in the previous one, so i'll just leave you guys with a :
Hope you guys enjoy!
And a changelog for the curious.
2.0 Changelog (full of spoilers, of course, beware travellers!) :
- Added a glow to the generator controls at chpt24c, to ease players in knowing that one particular texture is usable.
- Added a revolver underneath the Starry Wisdom (search the bodies), to those who would rather take the survival horror (avoid enemies) route.
- Added colored crystals/sign posts/"flare" markers to ease maze navigation in The Ghouls Lair, Innsmouth, and Shadow Out of Time.
- Added decorations to chpt17a. Seeing as how barren it is despite taking place in I guess what is supposed to be a woody area, I decided to just make it to look like the damage is already done, trees outside the gates are green while the ones inside are dead, the village is in ruins already, and dead bodies litter the area.
- Added fades to some cameras and map intros for transitioning reasons.
- Added music to most of mod events, straight from the one other Cthulhu FPS game, Call of Cthulhu : Dark Corners of the Earth.
- Added sounds to some doors that severely needs them.
- Removed the flashing lights during the ghoul ambush.
- Altered the skill.cfg, doubling the melee weapons damage and health restores.
- Altered/removed some props in various maps.
- Changed ghouls to cultists in chpt10c, for reason of answering the "who the hell lowered the scientist to his obviously-sacrificial doom?" question.
- Changed how you escape the ghoul ambush at chpt10d, the walkthrough is mostly useless in this part.
- Decided to lock the door at the start of chpt15b, most people camps there and kills the gangsters at the door, causing the door to emit some very uncomfortable sound throughout the map, it's harder to survive, but now you shouldn't hear that insufferable noise (unless you kill enemies at the other doors, but that's a less likely thing).
- Included a config.cfg, 'cause apparently someone thought autoaim was an actual feature in the mod, the looney.
- Made the butler at the end of the credits to immediately activate the scripted_sequence needed to "end" the game right after the credits end, not after the music (that's now an mp3 anyway).
- Modified/altered/reskinned many models, yes, even the feathers.
- Reduced the camera wait in chpt15a, you should be able to do something now before the entire cultist squad takes a shot each at you.
- Removed the camera that shows you a cultist blowing up a part of the bridge in chpt10e, for reasons of "there's a flying creature killing me while you do this and I can't do anything". The actual action still happens, though sometimes you can race through and get to the other side before the bridge collapses, speedrunners reward I guess.
- Removed the crashing cliffs in chpt8a, no more cheap deaths.
- Removed the cultist overlooking the sea at chpt13. If you stealth around him and manage to get to the letter before he moved, Dagon will get stuck on the guy and the game will pretty much just freeze on him there trying to get through.
- Replaced some sounds.
- Reversed snipers in chpt9c, shotgun cultists now are below while revolvers are above, should also make acquiring the shotgun less difficult (no more fading through the void).
- Skipped the cult meeting intro at the start, mod now immediately starts at Chpt2 (The Dream).
- Skybox in some chapters have been altered.
- Some maps have func_walls that allow you to jump over to CLIPs, they have been transformed to func_illusionary. One map however does not have them as actual entities, and cannot be changed.
- Tidied up the credits section.
- xen_plantlight now no longer turns off lights.
I apologize for the fact that i'm still sort of doing things with "Remod" in the name, but i just can't avoid the pun. Anyway, here it is fellow Cthulhu...
The Half-Life community came together to raise the concurrent player count on Steam, so here's five Half-Life mods to celebrate!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
I never liked the snub-nosed revolver in the Cthulhu remod so I decided to rig Red Duck Inc's revolver model to the npcs and used Kommandant TPKD's viewmodel...
(UPDATE 4.6) Cthulhu N'sane pack almost replaces all npcs models with A new one, this pack has A few of big changes on the models, most of it was replaced...
Just A change on magic book, and great race with my own animation :D
This is the ZIP file for Cthulhu: An Unspeakable Mod for Half-Life v1.0. Due to the installer not being compatible anymore with Win8 and above, I repacked...
An addon pack containing HD models, sounds & sprites replacements, map changes and music! This pack only includes the Remod files, and so will require...
This is the installer for Cthulhu: An Unspeakable Mod for Half-Life v1.0
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
also, how the hell do i kill the dagon? i dont have enough sanity and according to the walkthrough that i saw, i had to shock him for a bit but i only have 17 sanity points left
If you saved any molotovs you can slowly burn him away. Throw them strategically in areas he'll pace back and forth, eventually it will shave off his health.
what does dread name do? i just say "azathoth" and lose some sanity?
Dread Name is supposed to make any monsters nearby run in terror. Saying the name of Azathoth aloud terrifies them. It doesn't work on human enemies.
But the weapon is fairly buggy, I never use it.
here is my ld pack
Hell yeah. Im a huge Lovecraft fan
Too bad the original mod crashed because otherwise this would have become one of the most popular mods for half life imo...
The original mod still runs fine for me, always has.
I don't know, I have played it till the end, no crashes.
Why does the Great Race of Yith have so much human technology and architecture?