What is the HL: PARANOIA?
Paranoia - it is a our single-player modification for Half-life. You will play the role of a russian officer of the secret service. Your first impressions are that this mission will be just like any other, but you really have no idea what nightmares future events have in store for you...
- The unique game universe with the interesting characters and own story line.
- Levels based on the references taken from the real russian architecture and enviroment.
- New visual effects (bump mapping, gloss, detail textures, 3D sky etc).
- Improved AI of the enemy and friendly NPC.
- Improved aiming system (Iron Sight)
- Music from the famous Russian rock band named "SLOT" and our own tracks in "dark ambient" style.
- Subtitles system in russian and english languages.
Download the final version:
TROUBLESHOOTING and TECHNICAL QUESTIONS:
Please check this page:
The HOT QUESTION about SAFE PLAY: I've heard that playing your mod is a big risk for my STEAM account. The playing PARANOIA online can make my STEAM account banned by VAC. Is that true?
Answer: The anticheating services WILL NOT BAN YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU PLAYING OUR MOD ONLINE. The VAC will detect opengl32.dll as a cheat in case if you will try to play another HL1 mod (CS1.6 for example) online on the server with VAC protection. We have NO PRECEDENT that some account was banned, because VAC just prevent you from playing on the server with anticheating protection. If you want to play online with other HL1 mods, just delete opengl32.dll file (or replace it to other detectory), but don't forget to put it back when you want to play PARANOIA. Without opengl32.dll in the Half-Life folder, the new graphic effects in PARANOIA will not be available.
HAVE A GOOD PLAY!
Its all in russian tho so use google translate
The PARANOIA Website
Thanks too ToxicHolyGrenade for Sharing This wonderful
piece of art
Originally by PARANOIA Team