This mod originaly started off as a little project to add new items and troops for my own entertainment, but I decided to release it under the name of "Native Enhancement", but after a couple of updates, I decided to change the name to "Call of the Kings" since it was becoming a little more than just an enhancement.
- 30+ New Items
- 97+ Companions mod
- Advanced Orders (volley-fire, Spear Bracing, etc)
- 60+ New Units (all made by me!)
- New Backstory Options (some made by me!)
- Split Troop Assignments
- Optional Battlesizer App
- New Backstory Options
- New Factions
- Optional Battlesizer installer
- More Backstory Options
- Player Faction Troops
- Adventurers (mercenaries)
- New Parties
- New Companions
- Optional Music Add-on
- More stuff!
- The Kingdom of Ghoradul
- Kingdom of Swadia - Based on Renaissance period Germany and Spain, their most notable troops are the Carabineers (mounted gunners), Longbowmen (long range skirmishers), Knights (heavy cavalry) and Champions (heavy infantry). The best stategy to use with these troops is to slowly advance forwards as your longbowmen rain hell down on your enemies, and then finish them off with a musket volley at close quarters - or - run them down with your heavy cavalry and carabineers.
- Kingdom of Rhodoks - Based on high-medieval period Italy, their most notable troops are their Armored Sergeants (heavy pikemen clad in mail), Pavise Crossbowmen (medium range crossbowmen that have large Pavise shields) and Musketeers (close range gunners). The best strategy with the Rhodoks is to hold the line and wait out your enemies, soon they will charge - or - have your swordsmen charge the enemy lines as your pavise crossbowmen snipe them from afar.
- Kingdom of Vaegirs - Based on the early-medieval russia, their most notable troops are their Knights (heavy cavalry wearing kuyak armor), Hussars (medium shock cavalry), Birdiche Infantry (heavy shock infantry) and their Archers (long range skirmishers). The most effective tactics to use with the Vaegirs is to chase your enemies down whilst your archers thin out their numbers from behind the line.
- Kingdom of Nords - Based on viking-age Denmark, they field the Huscarl (heavy shock infantry), Warriors (medium shock infantry) and Horsemen (light shock cavalry best used as cannon fodder). The most effective tactics with the nords is obviously charge at them - or - you order your men to form a shield wall around your archers and wait until the enemy numbers are thinned out enough to finish the battle with a single charge.
- Khergit Khanate - Based on early-medieval mongolia, they have the Khergit Guard (heavy shock cavalry), Master Horse Archers (light horse archers) and Master Bowmen (long range defensive archers). The best tactic would be to charge the enemy in a single horde whilst your bowmen keep your flank covered.
- Sarranid Sultanate - Based on early-medieval age Egypt, they have the Mamlukes (heavy shock cavalry), Mamluke Archers (heavy horse archers) and Guards (heavy infantry). An effective tactic with the Sarranid troops would be to order your men to assault the enemy head on to weaken them and have your horse archers surround the enemy, and then order your cavalry to charge finishing off any survivors.
- Kingdom of Ghoradul - Based on the late era Teutonic Order, this warrior society blends Swadian plate armour, Vaegir steels and Nordic barbarism with a demonic image, they wear heavy plate armours and brigandines with their signature great helms and long swords. Their notable troops are the Ghoradul Guardian (Plated Pikemen), Ghoradul Champion (Plated Shock infantry) and Ghoradul Knight (Heavy Shock Cavalry), their heavy armour makes them best for defence, but also as great shock infantry.
- Kingdom of Castillio - Based on age of sail Spain and France, this advanced and ambitious nation of merchants, inventors and explorers are the main users and creators of firearms. Their soldiers are skilled duellists and grizzled adventurers, their notable troops are the Blademaster (Light infantry), the Castilla Company Guard (Light pikemen with pistols) and the Castilla Company Musketeer (Unique elite musketeers), their light and heavy infantry make for great shock inf., but their pikemen and musketeers can be used in a pike-shot formation.
Here is my addendum to the last update.
This project is no longer being put on hold, I intend to continue it along side Nordland and Myth of a Legacy. I fixed the issue that was causing me much frustration, and I have the drive to continue now.
I've done much work on the "Kingdom of Castillio", I have also replaced all of the existing firearm meshes with preferable alternatives, thanks to the With Fire and Sword team.
That is all.
As you may have seen from the Crownhill level I intend to make unique scenes for the Ghoradul towns, but sadly the amount of time it takes to make these...
Just a quick update on a few things related to development!
Credits for the resources used in this project, read if you are interested!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Call of the Kings 1.6. Check the description for the change-log. -WARNING- not save game compatible -WARNING-
Call of the Kings Epic Music Add-On was put together by CenturionTaz! There is no list of songs yet, sadly, I didn't get the chance to put it in the .TXT...
The Music add-on for Call of the Kings, made by CenturionTaz! All the music in this add-on was not created by us, all credit goes to the original creators...
Newest updated version, check changelog for all the newest additions, fixes and credits.
This is merely a quick fix for a glitch that has been bugging me, so note this still requires patch 1.3.3 for a fully patched game. Check the change-log...
Includes Battlesizer. Check the Instructions + Changelog for changes to the game.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
I understand that this mod has been abandoned, have you been working on other mods for warband?
i wish that he would add a status update about him abandoning this and, maybe release the files of the latest version which is incomplete just so they are out there
or at least on the summary add a line of text stating that this mod is no longer in development
Hey, I just started playing this. Very nice mod, and I really love the music since im a metal head :D
Guess theres still no chance of continuence? :(
Oh, and is there a list of the music in game? I recognize some songs(FALKENBACH **** YEAH BATHORY **** YEAH!), but some of them I dont, but im enjoying them
what version of warband is this made for
Nords are for pussies :D
A lot of things to say about this mod
1. The soundtrack really doesn't fits mob it is really bad don't like it :/
2. First i was disappointed cause i fought it was again a stupid mod like just the native with little tweaks thank it isn't ( i noticed the graduals on the 10 fay lol the where attacking swadia :D)
3.THE UNITS ARE ******* AWESOME the look MUCH MUCH better ( and btw what f is the shield of swadian inf SO SMALL like the seize of my head
4. One of the companions Arogon ( who's father is murded) that dark armor damn dude just 7500 debars and i am immortal u guys should not put him in the game or just lwer the armor of him 200 is just too much.
BUT STILL ONE OF THE BEST MODS IN TIMES THAT IVE PLAYED!!!
For anyone who plays this mod or is about to,Rhodocks are overpowered.Their swordsmen are O.P especially the ''Rhodock Plated Champion''it's level is higher than any unit in nearly the whole game.
Sounds interesting! This still in development?
Nope, I abandoned it to work on other projects.
Awwwwww,i liked this mod.Meh your a great developer!:D