What to do list.
Note: Some of these changes haven't been aplied in the latest update. All changes will be aplied in the next update v1.1
1) Add new textures (TheGoldenHorde Textures for winter atmosphere). [Complited]
2) Add atleast custom 3 new maps (SinglePlayer, MulitPlayer and CO-OP).
3) Complitly change the in-game sounds.
4) Add possibility to place Ice on maps. [Not Complited] Yet changed to make water maps. 5) Make auto.cast so that it doesn't block combat (enchantment.auto_cast blocks proper combat by not working, or making the 'combat_skill's work on their own even though they don't have enchantment possibility). [Complited]
6) Make MulitPlayer>Internet>Account option possible to function (For online playing. We'll take a deeper look at that, since I've seen a lot of options in the guieditor).
1) Make every Skill and Spell properly usable.
2) Fix Level_UP skill blocked by unknown fact. [Complited] 3) Fix regeneration going out of contol. [Complited] 4) Add atleast one more dual-wielding hero or change an old one (Anubis might be complitly changed). [Complited]
Make proper respawn (so that u get ab_role.experience to the value that it should be or atleast somewhere around the last time the hero was alive). [Note: ab_role.experience allows u to place a custom value of the heroes current experience, or what it should be no matter what happens to the hero] [Complited]
1) Towers should get a bigger attack priority by units (So that the units don't ignore the towers as much as they do now).
Make main buldings not as prioritizing as the objective building (This means, that insted of seeing your main bulding being attacked, they enemy units will attack the objective bulding instead). [Complited] [Ai Unit Priority Added]
1) Add custom avatar in creat profile (There should be an image of some of the game heroes, and then u can choose your avatar.)
2) Make CGameEditor more compatible with everyone (If we manage to do this, everyone will be able to understand the gameeditor and can make maps, edit props, make new entities and so on).
3) Change the game logo 'The Fate of Hellas'. [Changed into AW:S Logo]
Revert the main_menu map so that u don't see anything gray in the background. [Complited ]
Requests & Questions: [Here I'll add ur requests & questions that u want in the mod, or have an idea but u can't really tell what u want (Don't worry, I get that a lot... Like 'Hey make a pink map'... (The biggest problem is, that I actualy made the pink map -.-')Note: I won't help u out with my older mods (And by that I mean 'Indians in Skirmish'). I did find a way how to make the AI move, and how to build fortifications, yet I lost the file. All I know is that the prob is in strategys. I'd recommend open the folders and look around, u might find something that I didn't. But I'm don't with it.]
1) Make a map for this mod myb? - Well it's done I guess (Didn't make one though, just made it playable.)
2) Add 'Pets' or something? - Done! [Note: There are only two heroes right now that have pets. Everyone will get it ofc, but before that I want u to test the two that we have before I place the rest in the mod.]
3) Computer-Player using a hero. - That's kinda a hardcore work in progress [So basicly this isn't just strategy, it's trigger aswell + ab_ai_control (which is not working as it should, for some reason).]
4) Make the heroes so that each one of them have a counter. - Half-Way Done. [Note: In this update Gidarnus is brought back from CWorksmanshipAbility to CHeroAbility, which means... no more of that obelisk. Now he has skills of his own.]
5) Is it online playable? if not... MAKE IT! - RIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT... The game is not playable with it's own... How to put this... The new update of the game (1.4), disabled it... or that's what I've seen so far. [Note: I heard u can use 'GameRanger' but I haven't tried. If u don't mind players, I'll leave it to u... untill I found another solution to this]
6) Can u add items, so that we can buy for some boosts or something - Well... I can "TRY", but I can promise anything [Note: There is a selling item sistem in this game (I hope u've noticed that u can sell items in ur inventory if u have more then enough). So I could make it on park of that sistem, but that would take a lot of time. Why? Well I first need to "learn" how to use it (It's not my game people, I'm trying my best tho). Then I'll have to make a shop (Which is easy, but adding to sell items is another story). I'll be honest... I'm 7% Optimistic about this item sistem, so don't have ur hopes up (Sorry).]
7) I saw Elephants in the background of the new map... but I didn't see any on the actual map - Saw the cleared space behind the indian barracks? Well that's where all thoes things were suppost to be. Elephants will be pets/sige-units.
8) Can I get a custom hero that has my name on it, I saw u did it for a guy named "Tarik"? - Yup, Just give me ur name and I'll add u as a part of the mod. [Note: If u have privacy issues like: "I don't want to give u my name, u might come and kill me" (Which has happend people, not to me tho), Just leave me ur nickname.]
9) When will the mod be in Alpha state? - When it's playable to everyones liking.
My Questions to u (Players/Testers/Friends)
- Should I remove the 'Kill' Command?
- Should I remove the Patrol Command and add a command swap to page [That's like when u click on the lvl up and it opens another page of the there skills that u have, so I though something like that for the item sistem, yet as I said... not seeing it happen.]
- Should we remove the Melee damaging the range penalty? [One of the testers said something about that, it's possible to remove it, yet I think it's an important aspect of the game.]
- Make Shields less OverPowered? [This topic came up, when a tester attacked with a tenk an archer, the archer didn't stand a chance. The tester kinda didn't feel happy about it, even though he won.]
- Adding Siege Units and Equipment? [If u ask me, this is too much... Yet the tester that wanted the pink map, liked the idea... and 'YOU'?]
- Anti-Alising Official Added? [It makes the game look more HD, but it'll make ur game performe at a lower fps rate]
There are more stuf to be done then this, but this is all I can think of that we need to do next. There are even more complex things, but these aren't really a laughing matter.
We finally were able to get those "old" Golden Horde models into our mod. That basically means, you can expect some new crusader units and special gameplay for The Golden Horde factions ofc.
Hence why we gonna delay the next update with the redone romans.
So, basically in the upcoming update you will get fully implemented romans, crusaders, russians and mongolians! What an update, right?
So, we hope that you can wait a little bit longer for an even more devastating update!
That news should not push the full implementation of the romans into the shades! There was a lot of rethinking and even more retexturing done on them. Though, we don't want to spoil too much here, they really got their own unique gameplay behaviour, that is not similiar to any other faction.
If you want to get more WIP shots or just want to join people that you can play multiplayer with, feel free to join our Discord Server:
We wish you all the best and take care everybody! Looking forward to play with you!
I'm posting this article to talk about something new.
So I've manage to open TheGoldenHorde, and... well... there should be a lot of new things added soon.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.