This member has provided no bio about themself...
I am very happy to see Infernal Realm win the competition. I feel like justice was served there. SwiftBrutalDeath, hats off to you, you are a star.
There were many awesome maps, and many first time map makers who came up with some truly inspiring work. The talent that is out there in the public (even unknown/untapped) is amazing. I hope Tripwire runs another competition like this again. There were quite a few people that were just unlucky (like computer breakdowns) and couldn't get their maps uploaded in time, or lost work, and the fact that all the makers involved have some actual experience with the system, I think another Groundhouse competition would bring even more, even greater maps to this game.
I truly believe, community maketh the game. With the new VS Survival mode, perhaps maps designed specifically for this game mode would be created. There is also a huge opportunity there in terms of objective based maps also.
Then I have also, a big hope, that the people that have mods in mind, like a Halo inspired mod, or an Aliens inspired mod (as was actually done in KF1) may come out and start forming a team of volunteers, and get some interest in this. Seeing some of the mutators, I could see that making a game similar to COD Zombies with perk colas is also very doable in this game.
Lastly, thank you so much Tripwire for getting the Steam Workshop fixed. Downloading these custom maps in next to no time is pure awesomeness :)
Definitely impressed by this map, looks great, lots of space, awesome Wolfenstein theme, fun to play in but a few bugs that I noticed:
* Trader arrow sometimes doesn't work, if you move closer towards it, it starts working again, only happens sometimes though
* First trader took too long to get to, could be put closer to the spawn
* Some zeds spawn right in front of us / teleported which looked odd
* No sound when doors open or close
* Too generous with the ammo pickups, made things a bit too easy
* Zed AI pathing not good, in a few places instead of coming towards us, they turned around and went a really long way. Because of this, it meant some waves dragged on for too long
* As mentioned earlier, stairs could use a railing
Nice to see non destructible lighting for a change :) Great map for letting loose with RPGs, grenades etc. Layout, design and space of the map is all good, provided trader pods are closer to the centre. Great job, looking forward to a new version.
Awesome! Yeah I'd suggest Tripwire forum for now, alternatively GameBanana (or both). Thanks so much, we definitely want to put the night map on our server's map rotation. Thanks!
I noticed you updated your map on GameBanana 3 days ago, and this one is about 8 days old. Are they both the same version? Or is GameBanana one newer?
Hi there, I know it's been a while - just curious if you will still be doing this? Looking at the Grindhouse entries, there have been heaps of interest from people making custom maps - many first timers who have been able to make amazingly good ones too. I seriously doubt you would have any trouble finding mappers to help you with this if you decide to go ahead with it.
Good effort. Did you make this mod? Just wondering if it will keep working when there is a software update released by Tripwire?
I can definitely not do HOE in Biotics :0
Many players are going to have a hard time with this though. Even once you know how to get there, there is another matter of remembering to go and open the door before the wave ends. Adding to this, even though someone playing on normal difficulty may get away with it, anyone on the 3 harder levels will most likely die because of this.
In other words - it's hard enough as it is, we don't need this. Nice feature yes, but don't let it get in the way of getting to a trader which is critical. Thanks.
The nuke effect is awesome!
Yeah I agree, they are just so easy to spot out in the open.
Very happy to see this has been fixed, it's a great map! I really enjoyed it, very nice texturing and atmosphere, good size and yet to see any bugs. Nice theme, I'll definitely be playing this a lot more. Great job :)
* The entire thing apart from a couple of cars and buildings was untextured, it was all blue and white. I don't think the two files (upk and kfm) are talking to each other.
* I kept getting stuck on the ground, all these objects which you can walk over but it slows you down, not sure what that is meant to be as it's untextured.
* There is a trader pod in a tiny room with 2 doors, and in all but one tiny spot, you can't access the trader pod as pressing E will open or close a door. It was hard to find the right spot when playing solo, so in a game with 6 players, it would be really frustrating, everyone will be fighting each other to get in a buy stuff. Really need distance between the doors and the trader pod.
* The file size is way too big, almost no-one will join a server and happily accept the downloading of half a gig (to cache mind you) for a match that goes for about 20 minutes. I believe it must also be in one kfm file to work on servers.
* Map size is too big, takes too long to run across the map to access the trader pod. It's also barren, barely any buildings or objects.
Why is this 500mb? That's extreme.
What OS are you running for the dedicated server?
Is it possible to make a separate version of this which is say, under 200 mb? Just wanting to put this onto a private server and the size is a concern.
Is there any chance this map could be cut in half, and released as a separate file? i.e. a smaller version? This comes to over 300mb in size, and I don't think random pub players joining a server would want to download 300mb on the fly for a 20 minutes match. Which is in temporary cache. Not meaning to take away from this map, but I just need something that I can use in my private server that won't drop jaws.
Can people keep adding maps here after Grindhouse is over? I'm concerned now, if not, where will they go? Gamebanana? Tripwire forums? Gamemaps? Steam workshop (if released again)?
Yes I have same issue unfortunately. Sometimes my vote doesn't count at all, sometimes it's stuck on a number I didn't want.
Awesome, will try this again
Right! Now I understand how the glow sticks work. Can I suggest you split into 2 maps, one for day and one for night? As it really works well for night mode but not a fan of the other.
Great, looking forward to it :)
Good demo, it did actually play with you in a way a horror movie does. I definitely would like to see this developed. I'll definitely be backing this.
Does what it says on the pack :) Definitely a challenge, very confined, tight and narrow, easy to get trapped so good for a solo player looking for a challenge. Looks great and polished, I'll definitely be giving this quite a few goes soon. Great effort.
Trader arrow not working, bad lighting and I didn't feel the theme. But, hoping to maybe see a new iteration of a mining colony map? :) I don't think anyone else has done that and it could work really good with the whole KF2 style.
Must be interesting to have your work building in a game :) It is definitely a good map, I like the stockroom theme, and the conveyor belt. Well placed pickups, good size, layout and lighting. I could definitely play this more often. Was about to give it a 10 but changing to 9 as I'd like to see a newer version!
Another 'honey i shrunk the kids' type of thing going on here, but that's always interesting. It's cute and fun, the room looks good and it would be an easy map to win on. Only thing is the trader arrow wasn't working correctly.
Awesome map! Very good effort from the map maker. Indoor based map is very detailed and polished, good size and layout. Only thing is I would prefer English room names. Perhaps it wouldn't be too hard for an English version of the same?
I would suggest the map is reduced in size, and more details and objects are added, as it looks bare. Hope to see a new version soon.
A decent map, the layout and design is good, it's spaced and textured well, but there is one area outside which is still untextured (blue and white squares). It's still pretty bare, needs a lot more objects inside the building. I'm hoping it gets worked on for a final polished version.