This member has provided no bio about themself...
Teammates only shows up on a few maps. And you can just order them to hold position and abandon them.
The false "v22" download link was a virus.
I have disabled the community's ability to add files for now.
Moddb seriously need to give mod creators better ways to handle this kind of problem.
Too many resources to make from scratch.
Post evidence for your claims, or **** off.
Unfortunately no, after you update your sourceport, it's impossible to keep track of old save files.
Check the HUD options, there is a text scaling option
This person tried to upload a false "Brutal Doom v22" file, and I deleted it. Whenever you see this happening, please use the report button. Do not take downloads of "betas" made by anyone but me. At least 200 people downloaded his file, and all of you you should consider virus scan or reformatting your computers immediately.
Its on a secret room of the Extermination Day beta.
This is an issue with GZDoom itself, not the mod.
Report at the gzdoom forums.
RC10 is up, gold release of v21 is aimed at May 17th.
- Fixed several bugs that caused the game to crash.
- Several improvements on blood effects.
- Friendly marines no longer turn solid when attacking.
- New indicator icon when the MG GL is out of ammo.
- Rocket backblast no longer hurts friendly marines.
- Bonus Items droped by destroyable decorations no longer counts towards maximum item count to prevent bugs
- Removed the annoying "UHHHH HAAAHAAA" sound from rescuing marines (replaced by D64 Guy taunt sound).
Nah, its a bug. Its fixed on RC10 now.
I'm glad to see Total Chaos being released and getting mentioned actually twice on the MOTY awards. I was hyped for it since it was announced for Skulltag one decade ago.
Wadaholic's previous works on Shotgun Frenzy were fundamental on showing me the true modding capacity of Doom's sourceports and I am glad to see him finally getting some praise for his work.
And also of course, congrats to all other mods too.
Congratulations for your placement on the Mod of the Year awards. Well deserved.
November 10 2018 Release Candidate 3 is out
- Now it is possible to aim down the sights both by a toggle aim mode (press alt fire once) or holding the alt fire button.
- Shotgun can only carry 8 shells in the tube + 1 shell in the chamber, for realism and balance purposes.
- Improved head hitbox for mancubus.
- SMG Zombies no longer spawn rifle casing.
- Changed BFG 9000 ammo cost per shot from 40 to 50, increased splash damage from 100 to 200.
- Changed BFG 10k projectile type, fixing some bugs.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed the player to have infinite ammo for the Super Shotgun.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to eat a tank and absorb its hit points.
- Removed muzzle climb for all regular weapons (now they only have it when dual-wielding).
- Power up durations will now show properly on alternative huds.
- Now the Shotgunguy will have a visible carry strap on its weapon just like the player (sprites by Xamp)
- Added Blackmore1014's grenade sprites, to replace the old unfitting Vietnam era-like grenades.
- You can no longer upset explosive barrels until they explode.
- Several small bugs fixed.
So this is what you are working on? Looks brilliant, somebody is finally going to do a decent "CommieStein" that is not a reskin of the original game.
I really like the fact that you made the protagonist a female, because female spies are the most well-known cold war spy stereotype.
Personal suggestion: Instead of a Mecha-Stalin, make him ride an Object 279 super-tank (huge tanks makes more sense on a soviet scenario than mechs). If you need help codding the tank's movement (making it able to fire while moving, rotating the turret slowly), I can help you.
Since Zio abandoned it, After I finish Brutal Doom v21, I have plans to take over this project.
There was a RC2 release last night, and now an emergency RC2-B fixing some bugs found on it.
October 28 2018 Release Candidate 2-B
- Reverted aiming mode to toggle mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Revenant Mode to not fire any weapons.
- Fixed missing texture error messages.
- Added a CVAR to disable rocket backblast (bd_rocketbackblast)
- Added a CVAR to disable voxel decorations spawned by the Map Enhancement System (bd_voxeldec) because Voxels causes Android users to crash.
October 27 2018 Release Candidate 2
- Non-monster objects will no longer show health bars.
- Map Enhancement System is finished for Doom 1.
- New Assault Shotgun sprites.
- New brightmaps and better light effects for all firearms.
- All aiming modes (with exception of scoped weapons) now requires to hold the alt fire button instead of pressing once to switch. This makes the code better, allowing faster action, fixing a bug that caused the weapon to not fire if the aim mode was used and the fire button pressed imediately, and makes the aim mode more similar to recent modern games.
- Fixed an old bug that caused imp and pinky demons melee attacks to be impossible to sidestep away.
- Reloading the shotgun during the pumping animation will skip directly to the reloading sequence smoothly (only with BD's own reload button)
- Playing on higher levels of blood settings now increases the amount of blood decals.
- Kicking windows no longer kills the player.
- Improved the footstep system to make sounds be played closer to the player.
- I have opened a bug reporting forum on Moddb. Post any of your bug reports and suggestions there, and do not message them to me on social media, because I am not able to track them if you do.
- Several bugfixes I forgot to mention.
RC1 had a bug like this (some death animations with the shotgun didnt count as kills), now its fixed on RC2.
There is a button to dual wield the selected weapon. By default its the key X. read the manual.
So I have decided to create a forum for Brutal Doom discussion. Check the "forum" tab.
If you people have bugs to report, please post there, its much more organized.
Update your sourceport.
Are you using an AMD gpu?
If you load it with or without Brutal Doom, the FPS stays the same. It would take 200 active monsters in the map for Brutal Doom to cause a performance impact.
I have tried messing with Doomslayer Chronicles, disabling HD textures, materials, dynamic lights, new shadders, nothing works. Seems like the issue is with the level design itself.
Brutal Doom has absolutely nothing to do with the performance of these maps.
What I currently have in mind is reducing the backblast area damage to the player.
Make it only hurt the player when it's almost directly touching the wall.
Rocket Backblast. Read the manual.