This member has provided no bio about themself...
lens flare arent god rays, my good friend.
I actually meant for HL:Source ^^
it shoots. pew boom!
can you link the site where to get this model?
Hey, this is a great tutorial! However, I just wanted to change ONE value for the sniper, so it could be used with shootdogding. Sadly, when putting the single file in, it says this:
4 1/2 years* to be fair :)
Anyway, I think that Mxthe wants to take his time to fix whats is needed to be fixed WHILE bringing 2 new chapters to the table this time. and then the 2 last ones later on. Let#s just hope it doesnt die!
This is 100% compatible with HL2 Update?
2 years after my first comment, Im wondering if this is still going besides Black mesa and Half-Life Update (GoldSrc)
dude, ask the developer mxthe best, or on the main page, but not in a download section which has nothing a bit about the mod development at all.
im gegensatz zu den meisten sehr guten mods funktioniert sie wenigstens noch einwandfrei. nightmare house 2 *hust* 1187 *prust* hellsound dreams
what big news? this section is about the german translation of Prologue and Episode 1, this is nothing about the official development of the mod/game, so asking here leads you nowhere, sorry.
1/3 of the year left, my friend. I already translated the mod into german, tell me when the new version is finished, even though it'd be much easier to "simply" convert the mod to SDK 2007, because EP2 is very similar in the engine.
new version out !
is this still going? please answer, cobalt!
Nobody ever said this game would have a gore or gibbing system, however you can shoot of zombie heads.
Why for the old crappy PC port?
Since the 2005 version was called Substance Gold, you may call this one Substance Platinum ;P
(or even Subsistance Pl.)
there will be a sound mod soon ;)
Oh, I didn't know a squidward picture would be a sound file!
Learning something new every day.
Actually dividing by zero is +/- infinity.
come on guys, get an update ready
you're so cute with your profile pic and bad english :3
No offense, but why are THREE of these screenshots from this room?
I hope you will update this for the official Steam release, which is out by now.
I prefer shooting enemies into pieces, but maybe that's just me. ;P
You cannot walk, yep.
Also the mod is very crash-heavy and glitch-friendly (like enemies and crates flying up in the sky).
Future update suggestions:
- All weapons from BS and OF
- Chainsaw, Katana and Sniper-Rifle
- Chapter selection
- Less Doom-esque stuff in the gameplay (like the ammo picking-up sound)
- Melee attacks possible for player and humans (punching and sliding on legs), even scientists (shouldn't be cowards anymore)
- Alien Grunts should be able to rip humans apart if they're close
- Controllers should have an attack that leads to head explosion for humans
- Animations that come close to this (not nearly as complicated though):
- Compatible versions for BS, OF, They Hunger and Heart of Evil
- Create HD versions for the weapons, enemies and other stuff
Improvements from the actual release:
- Better and less annoying sounds (what is up with that beheading sound?!)
- Gibs shouldn't block stuff like metal crates you must push to continue in the game
- If a body part of a full body is "lying" in the air, it should hang down instead
- Shotgun shouldn't punch back enemies, you have the kick for a reason
- A bit less weird effects like the red glowing on a health pack
- A wound shown from any attack/shot (hard to implement probably)
- Always have a blood effect when shooting a corpse or attack with crowbar / improve the hitbox of corpses in the levels
- The first fan in the office complex has a changed damage range, it's TOO big, you cannot grab the 2nd ammunition there without being harmed and it doesn't make sense in that scale
- More complex gore system, like this:
Shoot foot (shotgun) -> Foot crushed (no gibs)
Shoot chest -> have open wounds and holes if shot with stronger weapons
Shoot back -> same
Shoot hand (shotgun) -> same as foot
Shoot head -> a hole to see bones, if shot with stronger weapons, leave a brain or a skull piece on the floor (not a 2/3 head, no beheading, but gory headshot, only katana and chainsaw can behead)
- No Melee attack should lead to a full body gibbing except for headcrabs
No offence, but the blood effects look cheap and bad. This could be a great mod, if the gore looks alright and it actually would be working in the HL2 games.