Leader, Coder, Modeler, Animator, Rigger and Skinner of the Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption mod, Knights of the Old Empire
Link in description
You're one of the people who has issues with the planet particle. I assume you are playing with the 1.3 patch installed which had more optimized versions of the particle.
So what you should do is delete P_Planet_Atmosphere_COLOR.alo from EAW-Remake_Light\Data\Art\Models.
There should be 4 files in total, one for each different color.
That's actually really interesting.
IBuyPower CZ-17 (A POS from 2012)
My potato works well.
Some people with the most advanced PCs dont.
Some people who also have old clunkers like mine have no issues or lots of issues.
Performance has very little to do with how powerful a machine is and seems different for everyone.
All we can do is recommend the stuff i have listed in the comment below and in the troubleshoot channel of the Discord.
- Delete the p_planet_atmosphere_blue/yellow/red/silver.alo files from Data/Art/Models, this has significantly increased performance for people in the past.
- If on a desktop then make sure the monitor you are playing the game on is plugged into your GPU and not the motherboard.
- If on a laptop ensure you are using your GPU and not the iGPU by checking the ingame Video Settings menu. If it says anything except for the name of your GPU then you need to force the PC to use the GPU by going to your NVIDIA Control Panel/AMD Catalyst Menu and forcing the GPU.
- Best to not run the game on higher resolution then 1080p.
- Run the game through all the compatibility modes and admin mode to test if any of those work for you as others have reported.
- Also if on a laptop make sure your battery options are set to High Performance so your PC does not hold back.
- Try a fresh restart of the PC, don’t open any unnecessary programs, then launch the mod.
- Newer GPUs seem to have an option in their control panel for changing their Vertical Sync to Adaptive (half refresh rate) which has reportedly helped. Older GPUs do not have this option (Atleast the GTX-600 series)
- In the options there is a slider for game speed. It’s been reported that turning this to one tick down from max has helped FPS.
- A fresh install of the game has reported improvement to both the issue with a non-moving AI and crashes. be sure everything was removed except the Mods folder when you uninstall the game
- In the Task Manager set the priority of the game to high. This can tell you CPU to prioritize the game over other tasks you have running.
- In the Video Settings, under Advanced Settings, Disable Bloom and Heat Distortions.(Has reported to improve performance)
- In the NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Catalyst Menu, for FOC itself, turn every option off or to application controlled. All those new features are not friendly to a 2006 game where most of them never existed in the first place.
Optimization: DO NOT USE CROSSFIRE! This increases crashes and hampers performance.
Steam users do not need to apply the 4GB patch as that is already applied to the Steam Version of the game.
Yes you can build quite a few of the normal Executor-class
This is a Free Released Model.
A Modder's Resource for modders to add to their mods. It is not however a addon to Remake.
Downloading this file should only be done by those familiar with modding this game.
With Easy AI the AI has the exact same income and build speed as you the player.
The only advantage they have over you is they as the rebels can raid the land without dealing with the space.
The AI auto-resolves all battles which if you throw enough stuff at a planet you will win the auto-resolve after a few tries because that feature is stupid and doesnt care about actual units.
Empire instead has to build up a fleet to beat the fleet of the pirates, win, then build up land forces and win that. Which obviously takes alot longer to get going at the start.
Playing as the Empire means you have to make smart use of your probe droids at the start and attack the weak pirate fleets all around you so you can get a decent income to start producing your forces.
Rebels instead can just build a handful of land units, raid until you take the planet, then you can use the planet's income without actually holding the space so you can just move on to elsewhere until you can beat the pirates there.
So they dont cheat at all.The AI just uses their faction-specific ability that if you played as them would also have.
I went back a single page and found it.
Dont save in battle
Dont save while paused
Dont save while battle is pending
Save in a new slot every time
Save Corruption is a vanilla issue. Steam Version was patched a few months back to make it happen less often but GOG and Disk are stuck with it happening nearly every time.
Delete "Rebel" from the code
<Raid_Force_Required_Faction> Rebel </Raid_Force_Required_Faction>
And that should remove the feature.
Ah you are not familiar with Jeroen's other mod Old Republic at War where he did in fact make a Harrower.
Also Bellator WAS in the mod back in the early stages but the model has now been edited into the Mandator II.
Ground is in the works. There's an old post about it in the images that was kinda lost after months of others.
You can download it HERE on THIS website and manually install it using the video tutorial Jeroen linked above. It's not on the workshop but you can manually install it just like all mods had to do for 12 years before the workshop was added to the game just over a year ago.
And there's not too many units so no need for the category tabs being added to the UI.
you can right now!
Seriously this is the Purifier that is in the current release.
Just dont let the Royal Navy of Alderaan find it's location.
Sweat ascension of doom!
Oh come on man! I just put these pants on and you make me ruin them!
Looks ready to give that Jedi a taste of what makes the Dark Side an intoxicating experience.
That's the particles attached to the planets and not the background at all.
You can delete the particle if it causes issues for you by going into EAW-Remake_Light\Data\Art\Models and deleteing all the p_planet_atmosphere_ files.
No it means you can build CIS, Republic, Mandalorian, Hapen, Kuati, Sullustian, and Old Republic ships at certain planets.
Because the sun is not always in the same position in the mods in this mod. Sometimes the sunlight is coming from a side or low angle which puts the top of a ship in their own shadow.
In the mod those have Turbolasers, Laser Cannons, Concussion Missiles, AND Proton Torpedos. When used in wolf packs and using their speed boost ability for zoom and boom attack runs, they put in ALOT of work. They just cant take a hit so rely on their speed and size to get in and out before they die.
1. Maps need to be large to accommodate the Star Dreadnoughts and still have a bit of room left on the map.
2. If you used the 1.3 patch they should've diversified a bit on their space forces.
3. Land is still vanilla at the moment so any issues you have with it are the fault of Petroglyph.
PS. If you dont like the cmera angle then rotate the camera to what you want. the camera moves 360 degrees in all directions.
PSS. The Lite Release is a toned down version while we work on what will be a full release. There will be Criminal Underworld when the mod is full done but they are nowhere near ready for release at the time of the Lite Release.
Deselect the unit and the lines disappear. So long as you hover over the unit with the mouse cursor it will follow that ship when you use C without you needing to actually have it selected and showing the line,
Use winrar or 7zip to extract archived files.