After 5 years of hiatus, the ultimate update of quake 4 weapons rip is here. Currently on open beta, it features both base and upgraded weapons and improved decorate behaviour. Plus several quality of life improvements and lots of bugfixes.
After 5 years of hiatus, the ultimate update of quake 4 weapons rip is here. Currently on open beta, it features both base and upgraded weapons and several quality of life improvements, plus lots of bugfixes.
Since it's a mod that is being redesigned from scratch, it still lacks some major features from previous iterations. That being said, it's meant to be done later next year.
The open beta includes the weapon upgrades (for the first time ever on alphaent's q4 rips) and adds several quality of life improvements, like a custom mod options menu and optional models.
Plus, a major bugfix with a corrupted zlib stream, i didn't knew open alpha suffered from.
The main idea is to merge all "mod's within mod's" that volume 4 offered, as long as it's possible. So, maybe a buymenu or an arena style mode might be amongst the possibilities.
People can check progress on the mod by clicking on this trello page.
Open beta changelog:
* Weapon mods are now ripped and added into the mod.
* Added some scripts to improve game experience.
* Even further weapons responsiveness improved.
* Some sounds were merged into single files.
* Few sounds were converted into ogg.
* "Out of ammo" animations for grenade launcher and rocket launcher were ripped/programmed.
* Optimized bulletpuffs/explosions. Some subtle parts now uses double-tic animations.
* All bulletpuffs/projectile explosions now uses additive translucency.
* Used slade3's optimize png feature to optimize even further the weapon/bulletpuff/explosion sprites.
* Sndinfo was remade. Most sounds were renamed and some separate files were merged.
* Minor sbarinfo tweaks.
* Modeldef scale bug fixed.
* Some vanilla sound replacements.
* Custom skill tweaks.
* Improved menu. Added mod options menu.
* Improved barrel explosion.
* Pickup sprites are now scaled properly.
* Fixed a major bug with a corrupt zlib stream.
* Now partially compatible with d-touch. Official d-touch version planned at later date. (currently may run out of memory on low-end cellphones)
* Some muzzleflashes were merged into the weapon sprites.
* Grenade launcher now fires the grenade at a higher angle (8º) instead of 0º.
* Added dynamic lights to bulletpuff/explosions/projectiles (gldefs)
* Improved/optimized/redesigned casings. Now sprites are palletized, it's animated at 2 tics and randomizes between 3 different casing animations, making them more dynamic.
* Models textures were ripped again from scratch, fixing its oversaturated illumination.
* Sprites projectiles were now redesigned. Grenades now have proper 8 angle animation and rockets increased its angles to 16, for smoother experience.
* Added customfiles folder.
Hotfix 1 Changelog:
* Grenadelauncher and rocketlauncher projectile explode bugfix. Now it makes the intended damage.
* Grenade/Rocket trail fix. Now it shows the proper sprites.
* Added +forceradiusdmg to explosive projectiles, so now monsters with +noradiusdmg gets full damage from projectiles.
* Made crosshair recoil optional.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did working on it. AlphaEnt.