Well well well, as you all know we have had the Open Beta out for a short time now. The feed back has been outstanding. We are getting positive feed back on what we have done with the mod. Constructive Criticism with what we can do to improve the mod. Not all of which we can implement but we do look at all suggestions. But what I really want to thank you the fans for is the Bug reports.
As you all know, we have had the Open Beta out for a short time now. The feedback has been outstanding. We appreciate all of the positive feedback and constructive criticisms that have been given. Not everything said can be implemented, but we do read and listen to all of the suggestions. However, what we would really like to thank you, the fans, for are the bug reports. We have- with your help- found and fixed more bugs in one week of Open Beta testing than in months of closed testing. Don't get us wrong, the previous Beta testers helped out a lot, but we are thoroughly pleased with your responses to the Open Beta.
To reward all of your hard work, I am proud to give you the first Open Beta patch. This patch focuses on fixing many of the issues that were brought up. Use any one of these links to get the upgrade for RnL Open Beta 1.1.
With this patch, we have added two new elements. The first of which is open server hosting. After the slew of crash logs we got from our dedicated server hosts, we feel it is okay to open server hosting to the public. To the new server hosts, Sourcemod now supports the Resistance and Liberation Open Beta! And please remember, all server crash logs are still greatly appreciated.
The second addition is the map rnl_eglise. Just like last time, below are some screenshots and the changelog to keep you preoccupied while the file downloads.
Here is the colossal change log our staff has been working on.
- ! Possibly fixed a server-side crash when trying to look up an entity.
- ! Possibly fixed a server-side crash on round restart.
- ! Possibly fixed a crash when attempting to switch weapons.
- ! Possibly fixed a crash when attempting to get a player's class name for the scoreboard.
- ! Fixed a couple spawn points in St. Come du Mont to hopefully prevent people spawning into eachother.
- ! Fixed the scoreboard not using the translations for the headers.
- ! Fixed the K98 with Zf-41's view through the scope not leaning with the player.
- ! Fixed a bug where some hedgerows could not be shot through.
- ! Fixed player_spawn event not firing when a player spawns.
- ! Fixed player_hurt event not firing when a player was shot.
- ! Fixed a bug where weapon ammo gave the player back full ammo even when they only picked up 1 clip.
- ! Fixed a bug where players could climb while reloading.
- ! Fixed a bug where a player's stamina was not reset when spawning.
- - Removed translations and keyboard binds for "changeloadout".
- - Removed unused files and translations.
- - Removed server restriction. Everyone can now make listen and dedicated servers.
- + Added a placeholder G43 world model so that it can be differentiated from the K98 while on the ground. (Note: This is an OLD G43 model, not the unfinished new one)
- + Added HUD radio menu support for plugins. (Thank you Violent Crimes)
- + Added some missing events to the ModEvents.res
- + Added more information to the player_death event.
- + Added more information to the player_hurt event.
- + Added a server-side player_shoot event for when a player shoots his/her weapon.
- + Added St. Mere Eglise.
- Changed Allied "Squad" labels to "Fireteam"
- Changed Allied Fireteam labels to match the WWII phonetics rather than the modern ones.
- Changed weapon world models to improve performance at farther distances.
- Changed the number of Allied Radiomen on St. Come du Mont from 3 to 2.
- Changed the lens of the K98 with Zf-41 to be more easily viewed through.
- Changed r_drawdetailprops to a cheat.
- Changed German translation of Engineer to "Pionier" (Thanks EvilHobo)
- Changed the chat filters to default to hiding join/leave messages. (Players will have to either recreate their config.cfg, change "cl_chatfilters" to "30", or uncheck the box by opening chat and clicking "Filters")
- Changed text chat to color the player's name in their team's color. (Allies = Green, Axis = Red, Spectator = Grey)
- Changed the accuracy of the BAR, Carbine, and Gewehr 43 based on tester feedback.
- Changed voice status icons to not display on enemies.
- Updated the translation for "Free mouse look" to indicate that it is only for the MGs.
- Updated the Allied parachuter skin to be lighter, based on player feedback. Made other minor improvements also.
- Updated St. Côme du Mont to lower the grass density, increase the time required to capture areas, and fix some minor bugs
Updated many sounds including:
- Tweaked footstep volume.
- Tweaked weapon pitch.
- Tweaked the BAR fire sound.
- Tweaked the Garand fire sound.
- Tweaked the frag grenade explosion and distance explosion sounds.
- Tweaked the K98 fire sound.
- Tweaked the Carbine fire sound.
- Replaced ambient explosion sounds.
- Replaced thunder sounds.
- Replaced the G43 fire and reload sounds.
- Edited body impact sounds.
- Edited sand and wood footstep sounds.
- Made the Colt fire sound slightly louder.
- Made the Walther fire sound slightly louder.
- Fixed the K98 bolt cycling sound not syncing with the animation.