Ok, ok, ok, I know some of you are very disappointed with the advancement of the release date. I am one of those people. I am sorry it had to be pushed back. I feel I owe everyone a explanation of why and a detailed accounting of the status of the mod as of right now.
First off I want to say that the mod is done. Yes, that is correct it is done. That being said, there are a few things that I want to put in the mod or that go with the mod that are not ready. I will explain further in a moment. First off, this flaming and bickering on here must STOP. Some of you are being vert mature about all this, and some of you are being downright petulant. Now, part of me understands the reason for this anger is frustration. Frustration at not being able to play the mod, and frustration at having anticipated having the mod today. As for the rumor mongering, it has to stop also. Stop trying to find some ulterior motives, behind the date change, and for gods sake stop the comments of "This mod will never come". That is the most hurtful of the comments. Do you really think I would do this much work on something as a joke? Really? Please stop those types of statements as they are not true.
Now, what is needed for the mod to be done? Well we have maybe 20-25 gameplay bugs. Meaning, something is wrong and needs to be changed. For example, there is a LOD issue with the Juggernaut, a couple of the Jedi's saber colors need to be adjusted, There is a HP error on the Republic Shipyards, and on the Bulwark. Those are just a handful of bugs on the list of things I need to fix. As for other bugs, there are maybe 20-30 text errors. Meaning there is text missing when you hover over something or its the wrong text. There is perhaps also 5-10 icon issues. Meaning missing icons or wrong icon display. Now, these bugs do not hamper the performance of the mod or make it unplayable, but it does take away from the quality of the mod.
I will never release a project that has issues like that. Ok, a overlooked text error is alright, but to have a list of bugs like this and still release, is totally irresponsible. Now, chasing down some of these items is not as easy as you think. So what else is left? Below is the list of items left to be done.
1. Finish Mods play/install manual
2. Re-do SFX for Crabdroid, OG9, and Snailtank
3. Re-code special abilities for Boss, Grievous Space/Land
4. Code in Deathclone for MTT
5. Code in Deathclone for Juggernaut
6. Re-do death lightsaber death animations for Battledroids
7. Tweak Space Skirmish settings
8. Check ALL unit build locations
9. Check ALL build times, costs for all units
10. Check all SFX for all units
11. Add missing units to pathfinders list
12. Re-code Hutt Fighters
13. Add AI code to Malevolence Ion Pulse
14. Check SFX mapping
15. Check Telekinesis deaths
16. Check Tech tree display
17. Check Skirmish AI code
18. Tweak AI aggression
19. Check AI build, tech, etc
20. Playtest skirmish structures
21. Playtest ALL skirmish new skirmish maps
22. Playtest all new GC maps
23. Add passability, markers and AI zones to the following maps (Boz Pity, Minntooine, Dantooine, Cato Neimodia, Naboo, Honoghr, Rhen Var)
24. Change map location for Cato Neimodia (currently land map - Bridge city map in progress)
25. Add in map preview images for all maps land and space
26. Add in campaign videos to "Fall of the Jedi Campaign"
27. Tweak Siege mortar projectiles and code
28. Check unit balance
29. Re-export Venator with engine glows
30. Fix all Bugs
So what does all this mean? Well it means the mod is done and this all polish work. Now because of the immense pressure I am under to release the mod some sacrifices have already been made. Maps take me between 10 and 20 hours each. So only a handful of maps were re-done.
All the new planets have new maps
Maps that will have to wait for the expansion: Aeten II, Bonadan, Carida, Eriadu, Ilum, Jabiim, Kashyyyk, Kuat, Mustafar, Felucia, Taris, Corulag. A couple of other things were removed and or wont be completed. The DSD1 was removed but most of you knew that already. It may be in the expansion it may not be. The reasons are I am not content with the animations, and dont have time to fix, Plus its a redundant unit. The Phase 2 clones do NOT have fancy death animations like the Phase 1 clones. There are far too many variants of the Phase 2 clones to do them doing them all will take a ungodly amount of time.
So that's it.. that's what needs to be done. The list seems long but many of the items can be fixed and are being fixed rapidly. Other items take a bit more time. The date of the 10th is a estimate. I hope to be done sooner, but if something happens where time is running out it will be pushed ahead again. How long? Not long but I assure you if there is another change of dates it will not be a 10 day push, but perhaps a 1-2 day push. Now if you all want to help me.. you can.
1. Stop PMing me.. I literally have 99 unread PMs right now. I normally get about 15 a day. I try to answer many of them but allot of them are questions that have been answered a million times. Please read our features page to answer your questions. Or ask a fellow fan as many of them seem to know my mod better than I do.
2. Stop emailing me. I get about 20 emails a day from people asking for help on their projects from EAW and other games. I would love to help you all but I have to finish this first.
3. Stop flaming me. Every time I have to post here takes away time to work on the mod.
4. Please support the mod. I am making this for free with no request or hope for any compensation. The least you can do is support me. Not scream at me, or send me vulgar, and threatening PMs.
Thank you everyone.