Q's lab has recently released some tantalizing information on a nifty new gadget coming to a special agent near you. We have been able to isolate the essence of every one of 007's enemies and allies alike and distilled them down to simple computer input languages! This will come at great advantage for your training missions to prepare you for your ultimate confrontations. Read on to learn more about this exciting discovery...
GoldenEye: Source is announcing the ability to program AI from within Python! This amazing advancement allows us to define the actions, decisions, and personalities of enemies and allies with minimal programming and rapid prototyping. Every other mod and game out there is stuck with hard coded Artificial Intelligence that is static, predictable, and boring.
Highlights of Python AI:
- Dynamically reload the brain of NPCs ingame
- Prototype several versions of AI simply
- No need to know C++ or compile code to make an NPC!
- Simplification of AI process, can make a basic NPC in 30 lines of python
- Fully customizable, plugs directly into existing Valve AI framework
Uses of Python AI:
- Support gameplay specific bots
- Define many types of NPCs easily
- Debug AI in 1/4 of the time
- Enable customization of AI by the player
So 007, I expect you to harness this power with utmost prejudice. Your next step is to enter our life-like training simulator to prepare for upcoming missions of the utmost importance. Q out.