Mostly map changes, bugfixes and an addition of a new character. No pussyfooting around here.
Posted by leilei on Feb 20th, 2012
You thought we were dead, didn't you? SHYEAH RIGHT
- Game server options include wave spawning, damage modifier, fast weapon switch, no self damage and more
- New player model: Neko
- New maps: am_lavaarena, am_lavactf, am_lavactfxl, am_mckinleyish2, am_spacecont, am_thornish, mlca1, mlctf1beta, oa_bases3p3ta, oasago1, oa_thor, pul1duel-oa, pxlfan
- Animation fixes and improvements for certain player models
- Optimization: oasago2 gets new torches, many maps recompiled
- Single player campaign has two more tiers
- Chat beep can be disabled by the client
- Music, courtesy of jute gyte
- Grappling hook models and shader
- Invulnerability model and shader
- Preliminary GLSL shader support, including postprocess shaders.
- Specular fixed, optional specular shaders added to many models
- Alternative environment map calculation
- Cascaded bloom (faster than normal) and reflection bloom (blinding)
You can download it here! (405mb) or get the patch here! (70mb, requires 0.8.5)
I should also probably mention that we need help: OpenArena is entering a reboot phase in which we excise all low quality assets and have a focus on quality control. Visit the site if you want to contribute, check the help wanted for more information.