Here is the latest Overgrowth alpha video log! This week features an epic AI team brawl.
Posted by jeffr on Dec 2nd, 2010
We are trying out a new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Added character teams
- Added wolf claw slap attack
- Added thrust punch attack
- Added haymaker hook punch attack
- Much faster ragdoll physics
- Much faster character logic and animation for NPCs
- Character spawn points always visible in editor
- More accurate arm and leg physics
- Tweaked bone weights so hard armor doesn't stretch
- Framerate cap for main menu and load screen (prevents GPU problems from 1000+ fps)
- Ragdolls go to 'sleep' faster (stop using CPU when they stop moving)
- Temporarily disabled rigging editor
- Fixed center of mass bug (caused wolf collision errors)
- Animations can override soft bones (needed for crisp punch animations)
- More script comments by Endoperez
Feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!