New features including mobility bones, AI goal states, cascaded shadow maps, better target priorities, smoother, faster climb transitions, and others.
Posted by jeffr on Aug 9th, 2011
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Mobility bones
- Mobility bones for attacks, throw, climb
- AI goal states
- AI can run for help
- AI can use counter-throw
- AI can roll out of ragdoll
- Testing cascaded shadow maps (toggle with baked_shadows in config.txt)
- Better target priorities
- Smoother, faster climb transitions
- Generic gui can call angelscript callbacks
- Getting hit while rolling causes ragdoll
- Fixed a layering bug that caused twitchy ragdolls sometimes
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!