Well, then. Good news, and horrible news.
The good news is that I got in contact with John, the modeler. He's able to maintain a steady communication, so that is no longer a problem. The bad news is that our programmer, BoX has apparently decided to leave the mod.
This is very, very bad. He was in the process of modifying our HUD, VGUI, NPCs and bullsquid/houndeye models, among other things. Basically a very large portion of what would make Office Complex fun (and even a bit unique) is either half-finished or broken. We're sans the source code, so fixing and finishing it all is a no go. Go figure.
The remaining team member and I had a chat, and we decided finding a new programmer and having them start anew would be less than ideal. So - at least for now - we're ceasing development on Office Complex.
For those wondering, BoX's leave isn't the sole reason for this. We'd like to focus on a new project that allows us more creative freedom than remaking a classic, for example. This is the end of neither of our developing days. I personally am on another team and applying to another, both of which would be a much better use of time than hoping to pull Office Complex from limbo.
Here's some final things:
- The suspected reason for BoX's leave will not be discussed.
- Development could resume again later on, but don't hold your breath. For example, I may on occasion open a map and tweak, but no promises.
- The custom models will likely not be released, but we'll see.
- I am hungry.
- The custom textures may be released.
- I probably won't be releasing VMFs.
- No, you cannot have any source code. Because we don't have it.
- We are very, very sorry to you watchers. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have made it as far as we have.
If you have anything you want answered or just wanna say, feel free to say it.