I'm very happy to announce that the latest Call of Pripyat: Reloaded installment is now online, after almost 6 months of hard work. It has been long, I know, and thanks again to everyone who has helped me to achieve this, and to those waiting for it.
I've added a lot of new features this last month, including a script modification (thanks to Smurth) which forces the main character to holster its weapon for 2 seconds when using medpacks or drugs. New side effects have also been added to the medication. I also tweaked the A.I. Additions mod that, in addition to drastically improving the A.I., allows NPC's to use grenade launchers, to choose their weapons depending on engagement ranges, or even to go on melee attack, knife on. NPC's can alose knock you out, steal your weapon, manage their own backpack, go stealth, cover themselves,... Finally, I made some slight adjustements in order to fix a few remaining bugs form the Vanilla game (mostly with widescreen textures). And I also added specific scopes for sniper rifles.
However the main change in recent months is on the graphics level. Almost every
game textures have been reworked in order to obtain a far more beautiful AND more fluid game environment. I widely used the Atmosfear 2 mod that increases viewing distances and introduces more natural colors while not neglecting the oppressive atmosphere of the Zone (by the way,
you can expect a few surprises !)
Gameplay and bugfixs
- Enhanced French translation (by XoBar)
- Overhauled economic system
- Complete A.I. enhancement with the latest A.I. Additions mod; this adds a whole lot of opportunities to NPC's, who can now change weapons depending on engagement ranges, use melee (knife) attacks, take your weapons, reload befor emptying their weapon,...
- Use of HUD tweak (by XoBar)
- Real weapon names
- Fixes vanilla scripts errors
- Fixes the few last remaining bugs of the Vanilla game
- The main character is now much more sensitive to hunger and bleeding
- Re-balanced medication to increase its importance
- Fixed ironsights and suppressed weapon zoom
- Full Hi-Res textures rework (more than 2800 new textures)
- Tweaked Atmosfear 2 with basics textures in 512² (due 32-bit system limitations)
- Improved particles and weather effects, rain is now much more dense, as are sparks, dust,...
- Complete vegetation overhaul, now in Hi-Res
- Improved 'light night.ltx' for better lighting effects and better shadow contrast
- New loading screen and improved icons readability
- Rework of all firearm sound effects
- More than 120 new firecamp songs
- Some French dialogues (the least important ones) have been replaced by their Russian equivalent, for immersion purposes.
- New song in main menu
- Better background musics
- All sounds and atmosphere noises have been replaced or improved in HQ
There are still manyaspects that have been changed, as almost every single sound effect, or game balance is now longer and more difficult. I'll post an exhaustive list later, I promise. But for now, I have to catch up on sleep hours I've lost. Hu hu. So, good game !