Zip archive containing Wyrmstooth.esp, Wyrmstooth.bsa, and WyrmstoothReadMe.txt.
The East Empire Company commissions the Dragonborn to slay a dragon that is interrupting trade routes throughout Skyrim. But is the dragon stirring up trouble with a particular reason and is there something more sinister behind it? An immersive new quest that takes you to the large island of Wyrmstooth. Battle across new landscapes and through new dungeons in this unofficial expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The quest begins for players at level 10 and above after you have been summoned by the Greybeards. Theodyn Bienne, a courier for the East Empire Company, will track you down wherever you are in Skyrim (or elsewhere) starting from the Bannered Mare in Whiterun and will deliver to you an important message. The task seems simple enough; slay a dragon that's stirring up trouble. But things are never that simple...
Q. What patch level is required?
A. You should be running 1.8 or higher.
Q. Do I need Dawnguard, Hearthfire or Dragonborn to play Wyrmstooth?
A. No, neither of these are required to play Wyrmstooth.
Q. Do I need any other additional mods or plugins like SKSE?
A. No, nothing else is required except Skyrim.
Q. What ENB did you use to take the screenshots?
A. For the screenshots I used K ENB.
Q. I really liked this mod, what can I do to show my support?
A. Tell your friends about it, endorse and vote it on Nexus Mods so others can share in the adventure. I also accept Donations on PayPal.
Q. Is the mod stable?
A. The mod has been tested extensively and is completable. There are no show-stopping bugs with the mod itself however your Skyrim configuration and any other mods you have installed may affect the stability of Wyrmstooth.
Q. Is development of Wyrmstooth complete?
Q. How much time did you spend working on Wyrmstooth?
A. About 2000 hours.
Q. What can I do with the Wyrmstone and Brimestone ore?
A. Originally I had planned to add new craftable weapons and armors however smithing material categories are hardcoded and the filesize of Wyrmstooth is already at the maximum size permissible on Steam.
Q. Can I mod Wyrmstooth?
A. You may make mods that use Wyrmstooth.esp as a master but you may NOT modify the Wyrmstooth.esp or Wyrmstooth.bsa files themselves.
See the WyrmstoothReadme.txt file for troubleshooting tips and compatibility information.
Wyrmstooth 1.14 is now available for download. This release replaces the first quest Dragon Hunt with a shorter version that does not involve having to travel around the map recruiting mercenaries. The final fight has also been modified; the dragon now uses the same storm call shout available to the player (which is actually rather devastating) and any imperial soldiers that die during combat are raised to fight against the player. Custom climate and weather has also been implemented. Additional fixes and changes as follows:
- Fixed issue with random encounters returning NPCs to holding cell.
- Fixed issue that may prevent random encounter NPCs from travelling.
- Fixed issue with ship at docks disappearing.
- Fixed issue with new elevator shaft to/from dimfrost disappearing.
- Added a few new points of interest around the island.
- Added more conjure draugr spell tomes inside Wyrmstooth Barrow.
- Wyrmstooth now has (miserable) climate and weather most days.
- Added Crimson Nirnroot to Dimfrost.
- Fixed random event crowding.
- The mercenaries now sandbox-follow during Barrow of the Wyrm.
- Increased wordwall word pickup distance.
- Added sporadic lightning to the northern marsh.
- Lurius Liore is now excluded from bard audiences.
- Lava now does a heck of a lot more damage.
- Vulthurkrah now uses his own storm call instead of Alduins.
- Replaced generic Bandits with Marauders.
- The draugr could be killed by accident before Alberthor's spell.
- Fixed issue that prevented soldiers exiting the imperial carts.
- Vulthurkrah now resurrects the imperials that die in battle.
- Elmera no longer follows so closely during final battle.
- Added more new spells. Check Krakevisa for new spell tomes.
- The Marauder boss at Cragwater is no longer enabled by default.
- The draugr can now strike and kill things while controlled.
- Set up regions around the island.
- Added relationships to help mercenaries ignore friendly fire.
- Added Theodyn to random events to help him find you.
Big thanks to Arthmoor for the following:
- Fixed a bunch of papyrus spam due to bad trigger config.
- Fixed issue preventing weapon retrieval from plaques and racks.
- Fixed missing quest link on word walls.
And Sheson for the following:
- Fixed problem with wrong texture used on Emperor Parasol LOD.
See the WyrmstoothReadme.txt file for installation and troubleshooting instructions.