Zip archive containing Wyrmstooth.esp, Wyrmstooth.bsa, and WyrmstoothReadMe.txt.
The East Empire Company commissions the Dragonborn to slay a dragon that is interrupting trade routes throughout Skyrim. But is the dragon stirring up trouble with a particular reason and is there something more sinister behind it? An immersive new quest that takes you to the large island of Wyrmstooth. Battle across new landscapes and through new dungeons in this unofficial expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The quest begins for players at level 10 and above after you have been summoned by the Greybeards. Theodyn Bienne, a courier for the East Empire Company, will track you down wherever you are in Skyrim (or elsewhere) starting from the Bannered Mare in Whiterun and will deliver to you an important message. The task seems simple enough; slay a dragon that's stirring up trouble. But things are never that simple...
Q. What patch level is required?
A. You should be running 1.8 or higher.
Q. Do I need Dawnguard, Hearthfire or Dragonborn to play Wyrmstooth?
A. No, neither of these are required to play Wyrmstooth.
Q. Do I need any other additional mods or plugins like SKSE?
A. No, nothing else is required except Skyrim.
Q. What ENB did you use to take the screenshots?
A. For the screenshots I used K ENB.
Q. I really liked this mod, what can I do to show my support?
A. Tell your friends about it, endorse and vote it on Nexus Mods so others can share in the adventure. I also accept Donations on PayPal.
Q. Is the mod stable?
A. The mod has been tested extensively and is completable. There are no show-stopping bugs with the mod itself however your Skyrim configuration and any other mods you have installed may affect the stability of Wyrmstooth.
Q. Is development of Wyrmstooth complete?
Q. How much time did you spend working on Wyrmstooth?
A. About 1600 - 1700 hours.
Q. What can I do with the Wyrmstone and Brimestone ore?
A. Originally I had planned to add new craftable weapons and armors however smithing material categories are hardcoded and the filesize of Wyrmstooth is already at the maximum size permissible on Steam.
Q. Can I mod Wyrmstooth?
A. You may make mods that use Wyrmstooth.esp as a master but you may NOT modify the Wyrmstooth.esp or Wyrmstooth.bsa files themselves.
See the WyrmstoothReadme.txt file for troubleshooting tips and compatibility information.
Wyrmstooth 1.13 is now available for download. This release fixes a bunch of bugs that have been outstanding for quite some time like sun damage in Dimfrost and the inability to summon Arvak on Wyrmstooth, as well as some more serious problems that have cropped up since version 1.12 that can affect the continuity of the main questline:
- Fixed issue with Vulthurkrah's raise dead scene not triggering.
- Bloodfrost Burrow's boss vampire no longer enabled by default.
- Added additional enable trigger for Wyrmstooth map marker.
- Fixed script-related issue with a dead horse at the settlement.
- Fixed issue with legion carts not moving during final scene.
- Fixed issue with dragon aggression during final battle.
- Fixed issue with town not rebuilding after Barrow of the Wyrm.
- Added a thieves guild fence to The Hermit Inn.
- Added a Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary player home.
- Fixed issue that could prevent the mercenaries from appearing.
- Reclaiming The Past starts if you enter any building at Fort Valus.
- Added new random events for the Wyrmstooth worldspace.
- Vampires no longer receive sun damage in Dimfrost.
- Arvak can now be summoned on Wyrmstooth and in Dimfrost.
- Residents now properly lock and unlock their doors.
- Sigur now walks to the correct bed when renting a room.
- Bulak now trades potions and ingredients.
- Fixed issue with spriggan matriarch not becoming hostile.
- Removed unused location: Cutpurse Crevasse.
Version 1.13 may also be the final update I can upload to Steam due to their 100mb file size restriction, so any updates from here on out will be posted here on Moddb and on Nexusmods.
Also made a timelapse video showcasing several locations around the island of Wyrmstooth that I think turned out ok:
See the WyrmstoothReadme.txt file for installation and troubleshooting instructions.