Modern Warfare Mod Version 4.8.1
Highlights of new features in 4.8.1:
- Completely redone artwork for the REDFOR Pantsir S1 (SA-22) SAM and BLUEFOR Iron Dome counter-rocket system.
- Added scout helicopters (Firescout UAV on BLUEFOR side) with the ability to call for artillery fire.
- Added Kornet-D system (GAZ utility vehicle with 8x anti-tank missiles) to REDFOR side.
- Added Non-Line of Sight (NLOS) missile launcher to BLUEFOR side, available through Tactical Aid.
- Map pack 4.8 update:
- Now integrates the following community made maps into MW Mod:
- mdc_Aurons by Mortis-Ledo
- mdc_Happoland by Gundug
- md_Cap-Gris-Nez by Maxosaure/Morales62126
- Now integrates the following community made maps into MW Mod:
NOTE: This mod requires your World in Conflict to be patched to the latest version (188.8.131.52 / Update 11). or it will not work. If you purchased WiC via online distribution (i.e. Steam), your game should already be updated to the latest version. Otherwise, download the latest patches here: Massgate.org
Choose which type of install you would like to do. Please note that the installer is only compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8 and Windows 10. Not Windows XP.
This is a full version of the mod. Even if you don't have the mod at all this will install it as the current version. If you do have a previous version, it will update you to the current version.
New map pack has been released together with the Mod version 4.8. Please update your map pack by using the installer download link below. Simply run the installer, it'll overwrite the old files and update you to the latest version.
IMPORTANT! If you had previously downloaded "mdc_Aurons" and/or "mdc_Happoland" through our Addons page, PLEASE REMOVE them! These maps are now provided by the 4.8 Map Pack and are incompatible. Older versions of Aurons and Happoland can be found at: \My Documents\World in Conflict\downloaded\maps folder. Remove the following files: "mdc_Happoland.sdf" and "mdc_Aurons.sdf"
Due to the increasing complexity in the simulation of missiles, aircraft, artillery, and more- Modern Warfare Mod 4 requires a higher-end system than specified on the original World in Conflict system requirements.
These are now the recommended system requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit or newer (Windows 10 is fully supported)
- Processor: 2nd Generation Intel i5/i7 or high-end AMD Quad Core FX
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- Graphics card: DirectX 11 NVidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon 6950 or higher.
- Graphics card memory: 1 GB or more
- Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
At minimum, your system (including video card) must maintain 27 frames per second or higher, and 40fps or higher is recommended for a good gameplay experience. Below 27 fps, numerous homing projectiles may miss their targets or fail to perform altogether. Try lowering your graphics settings if you cannot achieve enough frame rate.
World in Conflict and MW Mod both support multi-threading.
Multiplayer is NOT required to enjoy the mod. If you'd like to play solo (setup skirmish matches with bots), simply click "PLAY SOLO" under "SETUP GAME" menu option. If however, you'd like to play multiplayer online (with a friend etc), please see below.
Important Update Regarding Multiplayer:
Ubisoft Massive has shutdown the Massgate multiplayer system in December 2015 -- this means that people could only play the mod through LAN or skirmish matches against bots.
Since then, tenerifs, Nukem and HouseBee have been working hard to resurrect the Massgate system back into service using community-made patch to World in Conflict. Visit www.massgate.org to download the new community-made patch to World in Conflict -- you can now play multiplayer using the Massgate system again.
MW Mod 4.8 has been fully tested for compatibility with Massgate.org, through cooperation with Massgate.org developers. You can now host your game session and invite friends through the Massgate.org system! The only minor caveat is, clients may receive "maps not installed" warning message even if they have the proper maps -- this is a known bug and can be safely ignored if you have all of the proper maps.
For details on how to host a game with your friends or other MW Mod players, please see: Understanding Multiplayer for WiC MW Mod.
Lastly, dedicated servers (wic_ds) for Modern Warfare Mod are now technically feasible (thanks to Nukem). More information is at Moddb.com
To find other MW Mod players, please join our Steam group !
Firstly, here are some lists that may be useful:
Change Log 4.8 (codename: Kahuna)
Last updated July 19. 2016
Update 4.8.1 Hotfix Changes (July 19, 2016)
- (REDFOR) Kornet D: Removed "DO NOT MOVE" message when missile is guiding. Unit can auto-track target regardless of azimuth and can move while the missile is guiding onto its target.
- (BLUEFOR) Patriot Weapons Control Computer 7.0.3 (Heavy SAMs):
- PAC-3 vs. No Dong MRBM: interceptor commit altitude is 75km (engagement occurring at 15-18km altitude), enforced keepout altitude is 2-10km depending on distance from the launcher.
- (EX_FLINT) Crash in game->myPlayers->myInfo: Added sanity checks for valid wic.Player.Id before sending cPlayer_ChatMessage.
- (EX_FLINT) MRender: missile orientation is normal to velocity vector.
Changes to Units
- (BLUEFOR) MQ-1 Reaper UAV will now launch Hellfire missile when a player laser-designates using JTAC.
- (REDFOR) New Unit: Ka-27M Scout Helicopter (unarmed)
JFSN client for Offensive Special Ability: Can call for heavy artillery strike from in-game Smerch MLRS units.
(BLUEFOR) New Unit: MQ-8B UAV Scout Helicopter (unarmed)
- (JFSN client) Can call for heavy artillery strike from in-game MLRS units.
- (JTDS client) Airborne Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC); Unit may provide laser designation of targets for precision guided munitions (PGMs).
(REDFOR) New Unit: Kornet-D Anti-Tank Guided Missile System
- 8x 9M133 Kornet-EM ATGMs mounted on GAZ-2975 Light Utility Vehicle.
- Long (scaled 5km) standoff distance: Outranges *all* BLUEFOR tanks and ground vehicles.
- Automatic Command-to-LOS (ACLOS Auto-Track) allows all-aspect target tracking while the vehicle is moving in any direction, permitting the unit to "fire and maneuver" while the missile is still being guided onto its target.
- Multiple successive fires: multiple rounds can be salvo-fired repeatedly against the same target (overwhelm, defeat APS and countermeasures)
- May also target slow moving aircraft.
(BLUEFOR) New Unit: Spike NLOS Tactical Guided Missile System
- Can only be purchased from the TA menu using Tactical Aid points.
- Unit is immobile.
- 8x Spike Non Line of Sight (NLOS) tactical ground-to-ground missiles.
- Ridiculously long (scaled 25km) standoff distance: This is a guided missile artillery.
- NLOS missiles may be intercepted by REDFOR counter-PGM systems (Pantsir, Tor).
- The unit should be deployed in the safety of your rear/spawn areas, where it is protected by Heavy SAMs and combat air patrols. DO NOT airdrop the unit in middle of a battlefield -- it is vulnerable and expensive.
To fire the Spike NLOS missile, you *must* first designate the desired target with a JTAC unit (either use the infantry JTAC or use MQ8B chopper to lase the target area). Once JTAC has designated a killbox, you can use the Offensive Special Ability on the launcher to fire the NLOS missile. The missile is programmed to fly toward the targeted coordinates and search for laser illumination by JTAC or MQ8B UAV. If there is no laser designation inside the killbox, missile will be unable to acquire and fail.
JTAC's laser designation is only used to "point" the missile at your target. Because the NLOS missile uses dual-mode guidance (it has an imaging infrared seeker, in addition to semi-active laser), you do not necessarily have to continue lasing onto a target while the missile is locked on. Once the missile acquires a target designated by your JTAC's laser, it transitions to "fire and forget" mode and laser illumination is no longer necessary until target impact.
(REDFOR) OPFOR No Dong/Shahab MRBM:
- Adaptive failure mode -- launch failures are now more deterministic rather than completely random:
- Launcher is slightly damaged each time a missile is launched, due to heat blast.
- Chance of missile failing or launcher catching on fire is tied to the amount of launcher damage.
More damage = higher risk of failure; keep the unit fully repaired to prevent launch failures.
(BLUEFOR) Iron Dome TEL:
- Reduced unit price from 750 to 670.
- New model for Iron Dome TEL and Tamir interceptor.
Changes to Missiles and Projectiles:
- FLINT Guidance: Improved estimation of target maneuver acceleration (nT) for proportional navigation-- nT is normal to target velocity (vT)
- AIM-9X: Rebalanced countermeasures tolerance (CCM) to be same as R-73M
- FGM-148 (Javelin):
- Improved CLU target acquisition on uneven terrain.
- Improved CLU selection of TOP vs. DIR modes to prevent loss of target lock on uneven terrain.
- 9M22U (BM-21 Grad): Slightly increased thrust.
- 9M22U (BM-21 Grad): Now uses thermobaric warhead.
- Iron Dome (Tamir):
Fixed an issue where stray Tamir missile would impact onto terrain (and cause friendly fire damage) while searching for a new target in the kill box, because its pre-assigned target got intercepted before arriving at the acquisition basket. Command-destruct is now uplinked from IAMD radars when terrain inhibit is encountered while the seeker is in autonomous search mode.
- AGM-114L/R (Hellfire family of munitions):
LOAL-HI/LO mode selections are improved to fix seeker inhibit issues when using Attack Helicopter for Beginners.
- 3M14/Kalibr and RGM109/Tomahawk cruise missiles:
New improved sound effect for turbofan engines.
- Center of gravity fixed on following missiles:
- Tamir (Iron Dome)
- AGM-114L/R (Longbow Hellfire, Hellfire Romeo)
- AIM-9X Blk II (Sidewinder)
- AIM-120C-7 (AMRAAM)
- 3M14 (Kalibr)
- RGM-109E (Tactical Tomahawk)
- MIM-104E (Patriot GEM/T)
- MIM-104F1 (PAC-3 MSE)
- New art content (new mesh/model & texture) on following missiles:
- PAC-3 MSE
- AGM-114L/R (updated mesh)
- Tamir (Iron Dome)