Modern Warfare Mod brings World in Conflict from the Cold War into the Modern Age. It also ups the ante on realism and authenticity in every role – Infantry, Armor, Support and Air, while trying our best to keep everything relatively balanced for fun and interesting gameplay.

Forum Thread
[4.4] (UI bug) Misdescribe units & TA (Games : World in Conflict : Mods : WIC: Modern Warfare Mod : Forum : Bugs : [4.4] (UI bug) Misdescribe units & TA) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 2 2014 Anchor

Hello,

I recently downloaded MW 4.4 and I have a problem :
When I launch the mod and a game the description of all units and tactical aid are wrong :(
For exemple when I select a MBT it is marked : US - Transport Helicopter. Same for TA, the JTAC is marked Tactical Nuke
All units and TA are misdescribed. I don't understand the problem, I reinstalled WiC, clear all the old data but nothing change I still have misdescribe units.
For information I use WiC 1.0.1.1 b35 and the latest MW mod.

Thanks in advance

RCDelta

blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Sep 2 2014 Anchor

Are you running foreign language version of WiC, or US/UK-English? We only have US/UK version of WiC to test on, so if you are running foreign language installation, it is possible that all of the descriptions will show up incorrectly.

Also, second question -- is this your first MW Mod installation, or did this problem suddenly occur on version 4.4?

Edited by: blahdy

May 5 2015 Anchor

Bump! I got exact same error. Using US English version however My Documents is located on a different drive and it installs onto C drive which got a default Documents while World in Conflict docs located elsewhere. Tried changing directory for mod, game cant detect mod.

Jun 15 2015 Anchor

I've been having the exact same problem as @alexandrzero has explained. My install is also on a separate disk than Windows. I tried making a directory junction to trick the game into thinking the mod is in /Public Documents/ to no avail. Any ideas?

Jun 20 2015 Anchor

I was able to fix this by only installing the base game instead of the Complete Edition, so no soviet assault, just the basic vanilla game.

Edited by: Bongstig

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.