2 comments by fucckz on Jan 8th, 2014
Here are some screenshots from current development. I hope you all enjoy!
- Some Random buildings.
- BloodElf Ballista, basic attack will knockback enemy.
- Dark Pheonix, corrupted by the powerful arcane magic, is the ultimate unit of BloodElf.
- Swordsman, basic melee unit, can learn Charge ability.
[IMPORTANT: You might need Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed in order to use this update!] If the update application can't locate your game. Move it...
Extract all files to nirvana's directory, then run update.bat to patch. You may delete all contents of this patch when it's done. For more information...
Beta version of Nirvana, Blood Elf added. Copy all the files to your warcraft3 directory and start nirvana.exe to play. For more information, please refer...
Sorry for the delay, I was busy fixing a bug that could cause game malfunction when it's running on non-English warcraft3.
Hello , eltillas , you seems to be very thorough in your comments but you forgot to observe the nagas on the other hand, they have no doubt, a high strength, and I agree with your comments certain , however, also worth remember that soldiers are nagas some of the more expensive , the price of them is the main weak point that should be observed when playing against a naga , in fact, inplantação marinhano the game would be extremely nessesaria , but in a water fight in which the nagas tivesem an island with much gold, no one would have chanse , after all, he would get gold quickly and not spend gold on training presisaria boats , not to mention that he would have plenty of time to fortify , and then be practically invincible , the boats would greatly help in cases like this , but I agree that this game means, without strategy , because not hesitate a whole complexity of warriors in training , as there is with night elves , but ending , I think the idea of good boats , and their suggestions too, you seem to be very dedicated to helping nirvana , what is good , a hug .
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.
Usually developers try to concentrate on their announced features, despite, lots of projects finish until they reach the final point. So, I advise developers, if they want to add ships, do first what was announced first, and then add ships in special version.
Ships do not attract me, so I consider them only for balance reason. My personal view, that mod does not need ships to balance the game.
Well, I don't think navy is a good idea. But since naga is the only race that can swim, and in order to compensate that, I will come up something in the next patch. There will be a huge revision on the naga race also.
Thank-you again for continuing with all you are doing development team, it is nice to see that this mod may get recognized as the best wc3 mod.
For the navy thought, Heroes play a large role in the game and idk how well they would integrate. My suggestion not request, would be allow other units to interact with deep water as well (just not that many).
Skeleton type units could enter but lose attack & move speed, even Lich is fragile, and easily killed. Could take it further by increasing duration, since most skeletons types are summons (e.g. 30s left/life, 60s enter deep water, 20s to cross, 40s leave deep water, and 20s left/life other side).
Ice Troll could have an upgrade like frozen feet, that allow you to walk on deep water and leave temp. ice tracks on water. Idk if you would want Naga to attack in deep water but maybe similar to surfacing like sub battles in WC2 and you could on do damage upon surfacing....idk. Something like this would be amazing versus trying the navy route.
whatever you choose to compensate will be great, thx!
Naga structures can be build only on ground or shallow, so they are reachable for other races' troops.
Most maps do not allow to enter deeps, so that ones, which do, are imba, but naga race is not. Like maps with too close start points are imba, because human militia lets no one remain.
• Abyssal Priest looks weird, his head on portrait is like mask. His body is thin, though I guess it is a naga mail. As i know naga mails usually are warriors, not magicians. (Do not now if it concerns naga royal guard.) So, weird model and suspicious legend. Also, his spells are imbalanced: lightning enchant costs 30 mp from his basic 300 mp and lasts nearly a minute. Chance to cast purge does not seem to be big, but if it is big enough to count this spell worth, then the spell is pretty imba. Hunting shark spell allows abyssal priest to summon a warrior, so it is already imba as any summon spell from non-hero unit, with no matter that this warrior is powerful and serves for a minute, while the cooldown is nearly 30 seconds and spell costs 80 mp from adept's basic 450 mp.
I am sure this unit should be removed due to weird model and imbaness.
• Murloc oracle's raging poison spell is nice, but not unique. Affects like bloodlust and unholy frenzy. I do not like other spells much too. But the model is good, it can be even better if enlarged.
• Murloc camp trains snap dragon.
• Murloc mutant is such an odd unit, it does not seem to complement the army well.
• Jellywish is vastly less useful compared to dust of appearance: too slow to keep escaping unit in sight; dies easily.
• Magic geyser is less useless than scroll of regeneration and healing salve. Effect is lesser and demands to stay near, while player needs to creep.
• Weird that some items require additional pay to use them.
• Demon hunter's appearance is too close to the elven one's. He rather outshines the original. I know, he may look cool and certain ones can like him, but I count it improperly to add another same theme hero to the game.
The race lacks some necessary features.
• No healing spell.
• No magic immune unit.
• No AoE dispell.
I have ideas about naga style. Much of you know it is rather entertaining to cogitate about such things. I want share them.
First, I should say some thoughts about how race style forms. Generally, army must deal damage and endure it. So, often balanced army consists of melee "ram" or "shield" units, antiair units, dispellers and those, who deals major damage, which may be someone of listed ones or another extra one. Warriors should be rather cheap and rather fast trained. I wish to show an example.
Human army may consist of knights, gryphons and riflemen, which are all fairly good at absorbing and dealing damage, and this army is very hard to beat in the middle game. Usually, human army is composed of spellbrakers, riflemen, sorceresses and mortair teams, most of which are fragile units, also it has priests, that compensates their fragileness by his continuous healing. So, despite the race has several heavy units, it mostly relies on a combination of a plenty fragile units and specific features as upgradable firmness of their structures, towers, cooperative building, militia and more, which all sometimes are recognized as imbalanced.
At classic.battle.net Blizzard calls orcs the ones, who have brutal unstoppable power. However, the race is known for a number of "rat" strategies. Raiders, wind riders and troll batriders are all trained in the same structure, so orc can easily switch between them. Those units have not notable stamina, but they are perfect to harass enemy. Orc players usually prefer this to long teching to get sturdy army.
Night elves' standart army composed of bears and dryads is able to make powerful pushes.
Standart undead army best fits battle endurement conception, due to death coil healing, obsidian statue AoE healing and crypt fiends' burrow and destroyers' devour magic abilities.
I imagine naga race as the race strong at powerful pushs, but not in enduring the long battle. To be such it requires rather fast and powerful units and healing unsuitable during the combat. As well, naga myrmidon's ensnare makes them rather guileful. Also, I wish naga to be like original, but have extended techtree and full set of units.
OH DEAR. I'm impressed. Give me a minute to think about it before I can reply, okay?
You are not logged in, your comment will be anonymous unless you join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) which we encourage all contributors to do.
2000 characters limit; HTML formatting and smileys are not supported - text only
Promote Warcraft III: Nirvana on your homepage or blog by selecting a button and using the HTML code provided (more).