Nirvana is a melee mod for WarCraft III TFT. It adds several custom races and can be played on any melee map. This project is focusing on renovating WC3, expanding its playability while keeping it well balanced.
This is the final version of Nirvana on Moddb. I won't be in the development of this mod anymore. For details regarding this release, click -->
This version of Nirvana has undergone some major structural changes, including a enhanced graphic engine, extension mode, and a custom race interface for follow-up development.
As for game contents, it is a early merge with guojia(uduuduuud) and chyj's version of Nirvana. For more information about future updates, please refer to this thread:
Someone wrote: Hiveworkshop.com
For those who might concern, I am no longer in the development of this mod. After this release, I will be releasing a Development Kit alongside with a detailed documentation showing the necessary steps about adding an extra race in Nirvana.
I hope you enjoy this mod.
NOTE: If you encounter errors when trying to start the game, please make sure you have installed the following runtimes:
Nirvana.dll - game library(modified from Game.dll)
Nirvana_ext.dll - entension manager
Nirvana.ini - configuration file
Nirvana.mpq - game resources
Nir_Plugin_RenderCraft.dll - enhanced graphic engine for Nirvana(speical thanks to actboy168 for providing the Direct3D8to9 framework)
Nir_Plugin_CursorBind.dll - plugin for locking cursor in windowed mode
Nir_Plugin_DelayReducer.dll - plugin for reducing wc3's local reaction time
Nir_Plugin_Manabar.dll - plugin for displaying manabar in gameyd_jass_api.dll - YDWE's JAPI library(derived from actboy168's YDWE project)
yd_YDWEBase.dll - JAPI library dependency
boost_filesystem-vc100-mt-1_55.dll - Boost C++ Libraries essentials
boost_system-vc100-mt-1_55.dll - Boost C++ Libraries essentials
- Changing the +/- before dll name to enbale/disable an extension.
* RenderCraft - An enhanced graphic engine for WarCraft3
- Switch to DirectX9 rendering engine.
- Support Normal Maps, Boom Effect, HDR, and Dynamic Shadows.
- Set EffectEnable=1 to enable extra effects(might cause serious performance issue).
* Custom Race Interface(More information is available in the Development Kit)
- overwrites the Race List in Nirvana.ini and loads a extra mpq on top of Nirvana.mpq.
Someone wrote: "Nirvana.exe -race Human,Orc,Undead,NightElf,BloodElf,CustomRace1,CustomRace2 -mpq YourMPQ.mpq"
* Fixed some icon position issues
* Naga Water Shield now has new visual effect.
* Naga buildings now spawn cute little turtles when destoried.
* Murloc Oracle - Rage Poison has been changed to Mmmrrrggglll.
* Murloc Oracle - Mana Transfer has been changed to Murloc Recuit.
* Murloc Oracle - Illusion has been changed to Hex of the Murloc.
* Replaced Murloc Mutant with Acidic Oozeling.
* BloodElf swordsman and archer now should have their abilities turned on by default.
* Troll Lord - Shatter Barrier is now a passive
Credits(for new updates only):
* Actboy168 - graphic engine framework
* Actboy168 - YDWE's JAPI library
* Naga Turtle model - Guojia
* Naga Turtle icon - Guojia
* Oozeling model - Guojia
* Oozeling icon - Guojia
* Hero Murloc Warleader icon - Guojia
* Mmmrrrggglll icon - Kimbo
* Murloc Recruit icon - Marcos DAB
* Shell murloc reaver - Ketgolosov
* Shatter Barrier icon - D.ee
* Watery Dagger model - JesusHipster
* Naga Hydromancer model - Tarrasque
* Naga Hydromancer icon - Tarrasque
* SparksExplosion model - WILL THE ALMIGHTY
* Tidal Surge model - JetFangInferno
* I Am A Murloc icon - Marcos DAB
* Summon Sea Element icon - inhuman89
* Water Bolt model - Weep
* Snipe Aura model - Pyritie
* Head Shot projectile model - Carrington2k
* Sinpe Aura icon - D.ee
* Sniper attack projectile - Talon the Mage
* Concussive Shot effect model - Gamegear