Vice Cry – a mod for GTA Vice City, which aims to drastically improve the appearance of the city, by replacing the old textures and models with high quality ones.
Couple of Q&A - just to dispel doubts :) Please, read it before asking for sth.
Posted by *Kov on Feb 5th, 2013
1. When are you going to release 1.8?
When it's done.
2. What are you going to include in 1.8?
A bunch of new stuff, of course including renovated building models.
3. Anyways - what is "Vice Cry"?
Read the main description, please.
4. How can I help you with Vice Cry?
We don't need a help at this moment but you can tell your friends about Vice Cry - this is the best idea to support us :)
5. How about the progress with the 1.8? And What are you gonna do next, after you finish?
Now we're workin' on the Havana disrtict. Next, we're going to renovate Haiti and Downtown, probably. We're heading north.
6. Are you going to include some new places in 1.8? maybe some secret/unique terrains?
We'd love to :) Don't tell anybody but we have some surprises yet.
7. Can I be a betatester?
Nope. We can handle everything by ourselves at the moment.
8. Can you combine another mod with yours? I'd like to see...
No, we can not.
9. Can I use your mod in my project?
Technically - no. But you can talk with us about that.
10. Could you feature my idea in upcoming 1.8?
You can always send us a message with your ideas and suggestions. We'll read all of them.
If this concept has a sense (arms and legs, as we say), we probably will use it in Vice Cry.
of course if it's possible to make.
11. Could you make a RAGE engine version of Vice Cry?
No - we're focused on the Renderware engine only.
12. How about supported .exes?
We're trying to support each .exe version but the default ver. under developement is still 1.0 ENG.
13. Why don't you use the uncut version of .exe as default?
Uncut .exe is unstable.
14. I have a censored version (german) of Vice Cry 1.7 - what can I do?
There are some .exes in Vice Cry 1.7 download section - check them out.
15. I have a Steam version of GTA Vice City. Would there be a problem with it?
No, if you installed mod correctly and turned Steam offline (disable files update).
16. I have a crash while loadng the game...
First of all - install the patches 1.7.1 and 1.7.2.
It didn't help? Check your gta3.img file size (...GTA Vice City/models). if it;s about 300 MB - that's bad.
it should have about 1.5 GB. Install program works badly sometimes and doesn't copy the files correctly.
It's very, very rarely but happens sometimes.
In that case - install mod to an empty folder and then copy all of the files to the GTA Vice City root folder.
You can also delete CLEO.asi (it's in the root folder) and try to load a new game.
17. Do I need to download the previous versions of the mod to play full Vice Cry?
No - just install 1.7 and both patches.
18. Will the current (1.7.2) version of Vice Cry be required to run 1.8 properly?
No, don't worry. v1.8 is going to be a stable, separate version of Vice Cry. You will need only 1.8 files to play.
19. What can I do, if I find a bug or glitch in Vice Cry?
Please, report it to us, if it's possible. We'll try to fix it as soon as possible.
Screenshots and videos are welcome ;)