Hello my name is Ty,
I'm the creator of Realism (a mod for DCG 2.5). What Realism 4.5 does is it adds new weapon ranges, new physics & damage values, improves AI, adds new vehicle interactions and a whole host of other improvements specifically for DCG. If you'd like to know more about what the original released version does the forum threads...
What's new in Realism 4.5
Fixes compatibility with DCG 4.5
What's new in Realism 4 (old version)?
Fixes compatibility with DCG 4.
Adds Italain Units and weapon files into Realism
What's new in Realism 3 (old version)?
Generally Updated and Improved Infantry Combat
- reduced rifle range to 90m
- reduced thompson, grease gun, and ppsh range to 60m
- removed head shot instant kills
- reduced accuracy of MG's while standing or kneeling
- added zeroing to rifles
- added aim by motion to infantry (aim radius grows when in motion, then shrinks to original size when still, just like tank guns)
- reduced energy drain for sprinting infantry (longer sprint distances)
- fixed rpg's so they won't target cannon vehicles (at guns, mg nests, etc)
- increased direct control accuracy of infantry by 50%
- reduced range of rpgs to 45m
- reduced range of panzerfaust to 30m
- added explosive properties to RPG ammo
- updated grenades (Most grenades have 20m range) (Fragmentation grenades have extra blast radius) (M24 Stick grenade can be thrown 24m)
- updated difficulty settings more streamlined and player friendly
- increased scaling of weapon muzzle velocities
- new tracer texture for small arms
- changed MG ammo weight to hold 50 rounds per group
- increased HMG accuracy at longer ranges
- increased direct control accuracy 50%
- lowered MG 34/42 tripod model to kneeling height
- fixed canon movment speeds
- reworked some tank damage effects
- slight increase to repair times
- removed AI ejecting from damaged vehicles, only hull damaged or destroyed causes crew to emit
- slightly shortened penetration scale... from 200 to 180
- increased accuracy of 20mm guns
- updated vickers mgun to fire over sandbags
- lowered degtyarev mg stand
- added a minimum range to mortars of 40m
- updated movement speeds and turning speeds to be more realistic
- reworked main guns on destoryers (ammo counts, ranges, accuracies)
- fixed U-boat to move and shoot 5 torpedo rounds
- fixed destroyer to sink upon to sections of the ship being destroyed
- fixed torpedos to not detonate on swimming humans
What's new in Realism 2 (old version)?
- Newly balanced accuracy for guns
- AA mounts on vehicles have been fixed.. now can aim high enough angle to shoot at planes
- Added new AA shells to the Flak 88's and Vickers 93mm
- More realistic plane damage & behavior
- New tank and vehicle scripts
- Improved pathing for all units (No more cannons walking though walls only to kill themselves by falling debris) (Track & wheeled vehicles will prefer to use roads rather than drive through buildings)
- Bren carries 29 rounds not 30
- Enfield rifles have faster ROF than other bolt action rifles
- Improved fog of war settings (much truer LOS than ever before)
- Rebalanced difficulty settings ("Hard" is very difficult and equals the playing field between you and AI)
- AI weapons do greater damage to other AI players (more realistic computer battles)
- No longer do dead vehicles get pushed around like paper bags (you kill that tank on the brigde.. you've got yourself a roadblock my friend)
- MEDICS added and the ability to heal (unconscious soldiers, friendly or enemy)
- Changed how rifle rounds stack in human inventory (was 10 now 25)
- Removed rotation limits from mortars (AI more effective w/ mortars now)
- Decreased Sniper Aiming time to induce higher combat ROF
- Damaged Hulls repairable ("destroyed" hulls are not repairable)
- Changed characteristics of the vehicle damage text: red means destoryed (unrepairable), yellow means repairable, grey means no damage
- Readjusted AT rifle ranges, penetration values, reload time and ROF (effective range is 60-80m)
- New graphic for tracers (slightly easier to see)
- Added color change to "distance number" when firing beyond effective range
- Set human sprinting distance to relate better to weight of carried objects in infantry's inventory
- Added some new car and cannon scripts (crews bail on immobile or unable to turn/shoot gun)
- Added gun crew script to make them eject from gun if they are about to be crushed by a tank
- Added chance of helmets being knocked off from explosions
- Add chance of headshot to instantly kill infantry when not wearing helmet
- Infantry ignore planes but mg gunners can be told to shoot at planes
- Bombers only drop one pair of bombs (no more endless Stuka dive bomber runs)
- Slowed pacing down slightly for longer lasting battles
- Reduced size of human inventory box slightly
These are some of the changes that were made in the original release that stayed and that I'd like to continue to highlight.
-Fixed AT rifles so they do NOT shoot at infantry
-Fixed Binocular carrying infantry so they DO pull out their weapon when being attacked.
-Mortars can now damage/destroy armored cars and light tanks
-AI uses grenades more often
-Added Sandbags to MG Stands and cannons
-Lowered chances of helmets coming off
-Added burning sound to vehicles when they're on fire
-RPG's can now ricochet of tanks when hit at certain angles
-Added new tank scripts causing crew to abandon vehicle if left unrepaired after a certain amount of time
-Added vision for sniper's and binocular's similar to MP vision
Mini-mod that makes in-game interface more transparent.
Ty's Xtra FX
This mini-mod increases the amount of FX that are allowed to stay ingame before disappearing. Ex. bodies, shell holes, blood, debris from tanks and buildings, and longer lasting vehicle tracks. It also makes structures easier to destroy.
**Note** If you have performance issues already with MOW, this might increase those issues.
Ty's Testing Mod
I created this mod to help me test and develop my realism. It adds an extra campaign with 10 missions. These missions are intended for testing every nation's vehicles and weapons.
Feel free to leave questions or comments.. :)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.