Continuing development where Cavedog left off... Total Mayhem includes improved versions of 3rd party units by unitmakers from the last 12 years of modding TA. All units have been bugfixed, most have been remodeled, re-textured and re-rendered to Cavedog standard. The entire game balance has been improved. This is intended to be what Cavedog would have done if they continued to support the game.
Further development, bugfixes, updated models and graphics, and 2 new units: Mobile Fortresses for Arm and Core. ** deleted and recreated this download - if you had problems downloading last week, please re-download **
***** Changes for beta 6.3 *****
*** New units added
- Arm MoFo and Core Harbinger, Mobile fortresses
- HellDiver light amphibious kbot changed weapon to the Skeeter weapon - which is, incidentally, an EMG! About half the damage per second, but better range. This matches up with the Gecko, which uses the Searcher's laser.
- increased armour on Arm Pincer and Core Garpike L1 amphibious tanks by 10% - both now around 900 armour, compared to stumpy/raider ~1200. The Pincer and Garpike are both quicker as well as amphibious.
- Increased damage for Nukes by 30%! But reduced edgeffectiveness to less than half. This means direct hits on T3 units will be more effective, but nukes will do a bit less widespread damage - more of a "precision" weapon, as much as a nuke can be, haha.
- New role for Goblin: Cloakable assault kbot. Reduced fire rate on guns too - but kept same damage per second.
- Core Krogtaar Amphibious Assault Kbot improved - a LOT. Has almost double the armour it had (still less than half that of a Krogoth). Model scaled up.
- Arm Thor Amphibious Experimental Kbot - more expensive, slightly improved armour, improved script, replaced head noexplode weapon with a unitsonly lightning weapon :o, changed rocket weapon to a burstfire - launches 4 rockets at once. Head lightning is now primary, rockets tertiary (can be fired with dgun button)
- Arm Drake weapon tweak - longer burst, longer delay between bursts, and range increase
- Krogoth Arm guns increased range by 10% (this weapon also shared with the Krogtaar)
- ALL LRPC weapons (including Nuke cannons) reduced range by 8-10%. This is with the aim of reducing the dominance of these weapons - it won't make much difference at all except on certain maps.
- Arm Orca and Core Proteus armour increased, buildtime lowered, turnrate and acceleration lowered.
- Core Reaver 3DO piece naming error - fixed
- Skycruisers no longer have on/off button (it's not needed)
- Core Doomsday Machine aim scripts tidied up
- Core Doomsday and Arm Annihilator restore scripts tidied up
- Cor Uber fusion animation fixed
- Arm Orca and Core Proteus turret restore script fixed
- Core Pestilence minor animation SNAFU fixed
*** Model updates
- Core Shodan
- Core Wolverine
- Arm Golem
- Arm Pincer