Total Mayhem takes Total Annihilation, bugfixes and extends it the way Cavedog might have. Early game pace is quicker, many new units added (longtime players may recognise some 3rd-party units), including a whole new 3rd tech level tier. Existing and added units have been bugfixed, rebalanced, re-modeled, re-textured and re-rendered to equal or exceed the standard of the original TA units.
Further development, bugfixes, updated models and graphics, and 2 new units: Mobile Fortresses for Arm and Core. ** deleted and recreated this download - if you had problems downloading last week, please re-download **
***** Changes for beta 6.3 *****
*** New units added
- Arm MoFo and Core Harbinger, Mobile fortresses
- HellDiver light amphibious kbot changed weapon to the Skeeter weapon - which is, incidentally, an EMG! About half the damage per second, but better range. This matches up with the Gecko, which uses the Searcher's laser.
- increased armour on Arm Pincer and Core Garpike L1 amphibious tanks by 10% - both now around 900 armour, compared to stumpy/raider ~1200. The Pincer and Garpike are both quicker as well as amphibious.
- Increased damage for Nukes by 30%! But reduced edgeffectiveness to less than half. This means direct hits on T3 units will be more effective, but nukes will do a bit less widespread damage - more of a "precision" weapon, as much as a nuke can be, haha.
- New role for Goblin: Cloakable assault kbot. Reduced fire rate on guns too - but kept same damage per second.
- Core Krogtaar Amphibious Assault Kbot improved - a LOT. Has almost double the armour it had (still less than half that of a Krogoth). Model scaled up.
- Arm Thor Amphibious Experimental Kbot - more expensive, slightly improved armour, improved script, replaced head noexplode weapon with a unitsonly lightning weapon :o, changed rocket weapon to a burstfire - launches 4 rockets at once. Head lightning is now primary, rockets tertiary (can be fired with dgun button)
- Arm Drake weapon tweak - longer burst, longer delay between bursts, and range increase
- Krogoth Arm guns increased range by 10% (this weapon also shared with the Krogtaar)
- ALL LRPC weapons (including Nuke cannons) reduced range by 8-10%. This is with the aim of reducing the dominance of these weapons - it won't make much difference at all except on certain maps.
- Arm Orca and Core Proteus armour increased, buildtime lowered, turnrate and acceleration lowered.
- Core Reaver 3DO piece naming error - fixed
- Skycruisers no longer have on/off button (it's not needed)
- Core Doomsday Machine aim scripts tidied up
- Core Doomsday and Arm Annihilator restore scripts tidied up
- Cor Uber fusion animation fixed
- Arm Orca and Core Proteus turret restore script fixed
- Core Pestilence minor animation SNAFU fixed
*** Model updates
- Core Shodan
- Core Wolverine
- Arm Golem
- Arm Pincer