A brand new release, featuring many bug fixes, a better camera management and aiming system.
A small mutator that turns Unreal Tournament into a Top-Down shooter. Compatible with any maps and mods, unless they force a camera change.
- In mutator flavor, compatible with any gametypes or maps you want!
- Great playability: move around using the keys in a fixed rotation, and use the mouse to target wherever you want;
- Dynamic Camera: it'll try to mantain a fixed zoomview but if if hit the ceiling, it'll be closer, but will change the FoV (field of view) accordingly to make your vision as wide as possible;
- Aim Types: by default, the aim type is automatic, shooting at the same vertical height as you are, and will be automatically changed when you're going up or down a ramp. You can also change the type to manual (by configuring a keypress for that), allowing you to shoot at the ground where you're aiming at (which can be an advantage, for weapons like the Rocket Launcher). If you move your cursor too close to you, the aim type will also change, making you face the floor, allowing you to perform impact/rocket jumps as well!
- Hard to spot: not only the aiming becomes harder, but your vision will also be limited - response time is really needed;
- Bot control: the mod will simulate the same difficulties a player suffers for bots, limiting their range and untargeting enemies too much above or below them.
I'd like to thank Blackcheetah, the creator of Frenzy Tournament, since I got my inspiration from there (and of course I took a good look at its code as well to see how the camera was changed) to create my mod.
Here are the advantages over Frenzy: it's a mutator and not a gametype, so it supports any maps and mods, it has MUCH better controls (the main thing I disliked about Frenzy Tournament), has aim options, has a dynamic camera, will display shieldbelt effect to the player himself... well, everything I guess.
No news has been posted here. If you have relevant news to share you should post it now.