Thought I'd pop back in here with some more issues I've noticed.
- When I got the DT ROM encoding from VersaLife and went to the temple to unite the triads Gordon Quick was missing. I found him at his usual spot in front of the Luminous Path compound but he seemed stuck in some kind of loop that caused JC to make short quick hops in the air whenever I stood close to Quick. When I did a map change and came back he was in the temple where he needed to be.
- Speaking of VersaLife, when you are leaving Lab Level 1 to go back to the main 3-floor lobby area, the button outside the elevator that opens the door is the DOWN button, which contradicts the fact that you are actually going up.
- Also in Hong Kong, someone in the Path compound mentions Jaime being in the infirmary long before he actually shows up, and I think a similar thing occurs with someone else mentioning Paul before he arrives.
- When meeting up with Stanton Dowd in New York prior to the naval base he sometimes gets spooked by something and won't talk to me (before or after the long conversation with him); usually he's facing the corner with his back turned to me. Haven't figured out a reliable way to un-stick him but he seems to come around eventually.
- When hitting 'Restore defaults' in keyboard settings it actually just restores the last saved bindings as opposed to the actual game defaults.
- The document titled MJ12 Nano-Augmentation Experiment Series 3-C (For Internal Use Only) which is found in the UNATCO infirmary as well as Tong's lab, should probably be edited to reflect the replacement of Combat Strength with Electrostatic Discharge.
- Something that would be nice for us anal people (or maybe just me) would be if the combat strength description could be appended to the end of the microfibral muscle description. Something like: Muscle strength is amplified with ionic polymeric gel myofibrils that allow the agent to push and lift extraordinarily heavy objects. In addition, sorting rotors accelerate calcium ion concentration in the sarcoplasmic reticulum, increasing an agent's muscle speed several-fold and multiplying the damage they inflict in melee combat.
- edit: at the shipyard the Standby option for the perimeter bots (accessed from the console on the wall in the security office) seems to be broken - they never standby. The standby for the bots in the weapon storage building works fine. UPDATE: I loaded up my shipyard save and this time the standby was working for perimeter bots. Only difference I can think of is last time I was playing DX in Glide on a Voodoo 5 and this time I'm on the updated OpenGL renderer. Weird.
- yet another edit: actually scratch this one, I figured out that the flares just burn longer (thought it was indefinite).
- YAE: in Hong Kong I usually check out the collapsed canal road section with the scientist and upgrade canister early on, and I recall that after uniting the triads Tong would mention the tunnel, and JC would reply that he had already been there. This conversation trigger seems to be broken now because JC says he'll check it out despite me having been there already.
- YAE: so, that nanokey you get after destroying the VersaLife UC - the Nanotech Containment Lockdown key I think it's called. I always took it on faith that it unlocked the lockdown door to the elevator if you backtracked, except this time I actually did backtrack to the door before and after getting out with the nanokey, but found nothing to unlock on either side. I found some information on it here, in Russian: Planetdeusex.ru The tl;dr is that apparently the lockdown door is indeed the one coded to be unlocked by that nanokey, but for whatever reason the door is missing its interactivity feature so can't be toggled by the player. Since this is a mapping issue I'm guessing it may be outside Shifter's scope to address.
- YAE help I can't stop. I was killing cops (GANGSTA) in the hotel with ballistic armor activated, but when the firefight was done there was no generator-like sound indicating the armor was active, thereby allowing me to completely forget it was on and poke around the hotel whilst it ran down. Once I map-changed out the front door the armor sound came back on.
- I spoke to Shick with a full inventory when he was supposed to give me the restored-by-Shifter aug upgrade (before the shipyard), but there was no failsafe intact whereby JC tells him to hold on while he makes room in the inventory. As a result I lost the upgrade.
- (2011/8/7) Went back and played some more Shifter DX as I wait for New Vision to release (hopefully) today. I was screwing around in Underworld and discovered that if I have the skull gun aug bound to a custom key (V in my case) that I can keep using it indefinitely after my BE is depleted; however, it does not appear to do any damage if used with no BE. If I hit F5 I get the standard bioelectric reserves depleted message.
- Noticed something else with regard to Synthetic Heart pushing augs up one level - it has the peculiar effect of boosting the IFF and Infolink to level 2 (shown in the aug screen) despite there being no reason for either one to have an upgrade.
- The Paris police are some cool customers, not even batting an eyelash at explosions occuring in their immediate vicinity (such as right behind them). Any other police force in the world might take issue and venture to investigate such a startling disturbance, occuring as it does in the dead of night, with martial law in effect... but not these cats! I AM LE TIRED.
- 9/29 I'm drinking and posting on the internet! What better time to update my banal rambling list. First I have a little quirk with Jock in the bar - It seems that even if I already know Smuggler's password he still makes me pay him for it anyway; he just says that the first beer I give him is warm. I'm not completely certain if this is an unintentional bug or just a case of Jock trolling an extra beer out of JC. Clever girl...
- When I was busting out of UNATCO this go round I killed Manderley but didn't get to enjoy the little chat with Simons on the holodeck afterward (Consider Manderley's body my resignation letter and all that). I reloaded and killed Manderley a few times but could never get the scene to trigger. Maybe because Miguel was there?
- Speaking of my old pal Miguel, I'm used to him giving me a tasty skill point bonus upon escorting him safely to the helipad, but for whatever reason I didn't get one the last time; I checked my sp count before and after the map change to make sure I wasn't just missing it. Why you holding out on me brah...
- Would it be out of line to suggest perhaps making Mr. Hundly a neutral character so that one does not lose skill points from dispatching him? 2000 creds is quite a bit of dosh for one elevator code, and the disgruntled office worker is after all very specific in that he wants his boss killed and not merely incapacitated.
- 9/30 Here's a subtle inconsistency which escaped my notice for a long time: when using the quick switch (ammo change key) with grenades, there is no 'switching to scramble grenade' message reported by the game when you switch to scrambles. EDIT never mind, looks like this issue can affect other grenades as well (gas grenade at least)
- Forgot to mention this was the first time I've noticed (most of) my items carry over from a completed game into the next new game... that IS intentional, right? A New Game+ kind of dealie-o? EDIT from past readmes it looks like this is an old issue... might explain why I have so many other weird little bugs going on this playthrough.
- When I talked to Filben in the bar about Dowd and Joe Greene the game reported that he gave me the Greene-MJ12 image, but I don't actually have it in my datavault.
- 10/1 Back to grenades; I'm sure this is a well-known issue by now but I'm just committing it to forum. When using the quick-switch with grenades, you have to wait for the animation to complete as each one is pulled out before hitting the ammo change key again; otherwise you risk shenanigans occurring in the toolbelt with grenades being moved into empty slots.
- So I've gotten a couple of headshot bonuses with a flamethrower lately... uhhh yeah.
- Another idea to throw on the 'it would be nice if it is feasible with a reasonable amount of effort' pile. Could weapons be made to NOT reload when they have a full clip or there is no extra ammo to load? Unnecessary reloading is not just annoying, it can be downright dangerous!
Edited by: Renmazuo