by Dr.Noob on Oct 12th, 2006
Shell Open GL has improved the engine to where Dial Up-Friendly Bots (for those who dont have a high speed connection.) play against the other players or player.
The AI has some very interesting co-op features also.
- Commands for bots- (i.e. follow,stay back, get key, etc.)
- Bots actually shoot at monsters and help you along the way.
- Bots now have a give system (if drop weapons are off) so they can give you a weapon if you just died.
- Create a Bot is where you can choose what the bots skin is, the name, the things he says, his personality, (see below)
- A bot personality is what kind of bot it is. (i.e. if you choose argressive, it will talk aggresive, he attacks any monster, and makes sure he is the one to follow.
- A bot leveling up system is included. In regular singleplayer, when you first start on e1m1, you r bots or bot will be a low level. Through out the game, (note: only bots are available standardly on Ultra Violence, and Nightmare!) your bots level up. The more they level up, the better they will be at accuracy, speed, teamwork, and health capacity.
- We want doom to feel like a action-fps-rpg. So, if your playing in UV or NIghtmare, you will level up so you can take your character online and duke it out! You can level up on any of your 5 attributes, like accuracy, secret finding-teamwork,health capacity, ammo capacity,
and Weapon strength.
- Online, with your player, there are certain "level requirements" that the player has to meet to be in that match set by the host. (i.e. Must be level 12-16 to join server)
- But you do not have to follow the rules always. You can join neutral matches, which are any rank possible can join the match. It gets your player level up quick, but get ready to die tons of times.
In other shell open gl news, MD2 models are now supported, Custimizable statbars, and other things fall into this list.
We are hoping this AI BOT project goes well, and we are looking forward to More things!