It is now officially the beginning of the fourth week of Open Beta! This week we have a nice collection of bug fixes, map fixes, and new content for you. If you read this week's changelog, you may notice a couple of brand new features listed. First off, the game's scoreboard has been changed. Lebson has incorporated a great side by side design to replace the old top/bottom scoreboard that tended to get get cut off in semi-full servers.
Posted by WinstonChurchill on Jun 5th, 2010
It is now officially the beginning of the fourth week of Open Beta! This week we have a nice collection of bug fixes, map fixes, and new content for you.
If you read this week's changelog, you may notice a couple of brand new features listed.
First off, the game's scoreboard has been changed. Lebson has incorporated a great side by side design to replace the old top/bottom scoreboard that tended to get cut off in semi-full servers. The second item that I am sure everyone is excited about is the new G43 model. Please bear in mind that the new animations and textures to go along with it are still works in progress, but at least you don't have to run around with that G43-Kar98 hybrid anymore. The last new feature I will mention is rnl_LaFiere. We have had several media updates that gave you a look at La Fiere, but now you can finally play it. RnL veterans may get a couple flashbacks, but everyone is in for a fun time on this amazing map.
You can download the Open Beta 1.3 Patch below as well as check out the featured screen shots and read the changelog. Once you're done downloading, please make sure not to join one of the not- yet-updated 1.2 servers but choose one with 1.3 in the name.
Changelog - Open Beta 1.3
- !Potentially fixed a case where a squad's Squad Leader wouldn't reset when someone left the NCO slot.
- !Fixed sensitivity not resetting in various situations.
- !Fixed sensitivity being set incorrectly when a player deploys an MG.
- !Fixed the viewbob options not saving when the game is closed.
- !Fixed player shadows not showing on other people.
- !Fixed the "Require More Tasks Than Opposing Team" capture behavior not recognizing in-progress captures as part of the defending team's total task count.
- +Added the new build of La Fiere.
- +Added new animations for the Axis explosives.
- +Added the new G43 model with WIP animations and a WIP skin.
- +Added "Require Majority of All Tasks" as a new capture behavior.
- +Added the weapon criss-crossing to make it harder to fire while moving.
- +Added a slight horizontal sway when in SS.
- Changed weapon sway while proning to very subtle.
- Changed how mp_limitteams functions, it now sets the maximum number of players any team can have more than the other team.
- Changed the amount of mags the BAR has down to 9 from 11.
- Changed respawning to wait for the death animation to finish.
- Changed capturing to allow non-capturable teams block cap zones.
- Changed the scoreboard into a new side-by-side design.
- Changed "Require Majority of Tasks" capture behavior to be called "Require More Tasks Than Opposing Team" which reflects what it does more accurately.
- Changed the range of bayonet attacks to make the bayonet slightly easier to use.
- Changed ammo dropping to not allow players to drop ammo while they have a live grenade in their hand.
- Changed German grenades to be holsterable even after the cap has been removed. (A new animation will be added for this later.)
- Updated various skins to reduce the phong slightly.
- Updated St. Côme du Mont to fix various bugs and add new overview backgrounds.
- Updated St. Mére Eglise to fix various bugs.
- Updates Ardennes to change the lighting, move the location of the tanks, make some rooms accessible on the Axis side (Axis have a sniper tower now), give the Axis Engineer a G43, and make the capture zones slightly larger.
Ohh..and we're this month's "WINNAR!!" on ModDB
spotlight. So check it out and take a look at the other cool mods there, too.