PeZBOT is a multiplayer bot-mod for Call of Duty 4 and World at War. The aim of the mod is to introduce relatively life-like A.I. to local multiplayer games so those who choose not to go online or prefer to practice against bots before doing so, can. This mod is no longer in development but feel free to download the source code, create your own version and share it in the forums.
Status update of the PeZBOT mod for Call of Duty 4 / World at War, and Modern Warfare 2.
Posted by Lord_Gannondorf on Nov 9th, 2009
Hey guys - sorry for no real update for a while, life has been really busy and I have basically no time to mod (in between all these great games being released and life). As most of you know already, there will be no mods or dedicated servers for Modern Warfare 2; so there will be no bots. Don't like it? Send some abusive messages to Infinity Ward, not us.
ATB who has been helping me a lot over the past few months by solving bugs, giving me tips and even adding in some awesome new features to the bots has become a bit ill recently, and will be giving modding a break for the next couple of months or so - a huge thanks to him for all the help with the bot!
Now for the good news; I'll start with PeZBOTWaW.
For version 004p of PeZBOTWAW, we have the following:
- Fixed error when trying to load the Sub Pens map.
- Increased bot difficulty.
- Added new DVar, svr_pezbots_XPCheat, setting it to 1 will unlock all weapons, attachments and get level 65.
- Removed bot dodge code. (May stop bots from glitching)
- Bots will now shoot dogs.
Those are what we have finished, and currently in progress is the following:
- Optimized (removed unnecessary waypoints) many maps.
Sounds almost finished, but as I said earlier - I don't have much time to mod, so it will take a while to finish it.
PeZBOT for CoD4 is what we've been working on mostly, lately - shouldn't be too long before this is released, so keep an eye out. Current changelog is:
- Bot speed and moving animations improved.
- Added a new waypoint saving system. (ported from PeZBOTWAW)
- Added a climb waypoint type. (This works somewhat, but is bugged. We'll keep it in here for waypointers to experiment with though, but none of the maps will have working ladders for bots)
- Bots have a 1/2 chance to either crouch and fire at enemies or stand and fire.
- Bots have a 0.10-0.60 second delay before firing. (simulate reaction time)
- Bots now shoot RPGs at enemy helicopters when they are not already occupied.
- Bots drop grenades (like weapons, when they die) so the player can pick them up. (Has 1/5 chance to be an RPG they drop, can be toggled on or off with a DVar.)
- Bots use the planting animation in S&D.
And just for the sake of it, here are some screenshots of the bots trying to take down a helicopter:
- Life is busy - not much time to mod.
- ATB will not be modding for a few months. (Thanks again, for all your help!)
- PeZBOT 009p will be released before PeZBOTWAW 004p.
- There will be no PeZBOT for MW2.
Thanks for reading guys, hoped you enjoyed the update.