Off Limits is a first person multiplayer shooter that is focused on two teams capturing the enemy territory and hunting down and killing their main guy, the Juggernaut.
Forum Thread
Off Limits Beta changelist (Games : Half-Life 2 : Mods : Off Limits : Forum : Updates : Off Limits Beta changelist) Locked
Thread Options
Wesley
Wesley Off Limits dev
Apr 7 2011 Anchor

- ol_styx: Added vehicle clips on ticket gates inside subway station entrance, where you could get stuck with vehicle and not get out
- ol_styx: Added vehicle clips and player clips on stairs into Carter Hotel lobby
- ol_styx: Fixed ladder going on rooftop near Vanguard lobby. Before you couldn't exit the ladder on the left side (falling down). Now you can exit it right and left landing either on the tunnel roof or the hospital roof
- ol_russia: Changed Juggernaut spawn positions in main bases behind the spawn point, giving the Juggernaut players some more protection when spawning
- ol_undersiege: Added vehicle clips on feet ship crane, where you could get stuck with vehicle and not get out
- ol_undersiege: Moved silos up in Stack building corner. Now you can run across the two conveyor belts without silos being in the way. Also fixes an issue where a player could get stuck
- ol_undersiege: Removed collision from boat rope attachments, making it smoother to run on the ropes and get on the boat deck
- Added spawn point HUD overlays showing you the general direction to go to for the nearest spawn point
- Added look at points to all main base spawn points. Now players should be facing the ideal direction when spawned at all times
- Added a test version of ol_styx where all physical vehicles are prop_static (ol_styx_test)
- Added server config files, also fixing "voice_enable 1" issue
- Added server config files, also fixing the "mp_timelimit" issue where a round would stop in mid combat
- Added "Spawn point HUD overlay" in Guide "Spawn Points"
- Updated loadout "done" buttons into "back" buttons
- Updated minimap overviews so the playable areas stand out more (made non-playable areas darker + added a red border on outline level)
- Updated the default_config, removed menu_2 and made "m" the default key to open up the "Use Team Commands" menu
- Updated Team commands, now only 1 menu instead of 2 (removed commands that weren't used)
- Updated Guide with "Spawn Points
- Updated Guide with "Juggernaut Health"
- Updated Guide with "Team Commands"
- Updated death notice font matching the color of the team
- Updated vehicle loadout now showing the correct team color (easier to spot an enemy inside your vehicle)
- Fixed light prop material not being black/white in Juggernaut vision (/materials/models/props_c17/light_domelight02_off.vmt)
- Fixed variation of "negative" team command not working
- Fixed knife multiple impact overlays on same spot showing image boundaries
- Fixed Juggernaut grid placement as how it was designed near the crosshair now instead of upper / lower edge screen
- Fixed issue where grenades didn't bounce off of enemy forcefields
- Fixed grenade count not matching loadout
- Fixed grenade bug when bought 1 grenade you couldn't select it, multiple grenades you could
- Fixed crash bug related to vehicle networking race condition
- Fixed weapon loadout weight calculation not taking clip 1 ammo into account
- Increased shotgun damage from 11 dmg per pellet to 15 dmg per pellet
- Increased global damage modifier from 0.85 to 0.95
- Increased damage over distance factor for shotguns from 0.25 to 0.5
- Increased damage over distance factor for smg from 0.35 to 0.55
- Increased headshot damage modifier from 1.35 to 1.45
- Increased minigun damage per bullet from 35 to 45
- Increased JN armor effectiveness by 50%
- Removed screen shake, this caused a crash bug, hopefully no more crashes in this build! (if not report them on our moddb forums!)

Edited by: Wesley

Jul 2 2011 Anchor

-fixed issue where playing as the JN was boring as shit.

Wesley
Wesley Off Limits dev
Jul 3 2011 Anchor

Playing as the JN isn't boring at all for some, it's very tactical playing in fact (and that's what I for one enjoy so much about it). Having a good JN makes a team win. You guide your team through the enemy fields, give them regeneration health, and shoot the fuck out of every enemy that comes your way while your team captures a point. We wanted a game play where people needed to work together to win battles. Perhaps that has been lost in today's games been made and people just want it plain and simple. Sorry we tried to do something a bit different. I'll record and post a video of me playing the JN one day (when a server is full lol). There I hope you'll see how important a JN can be. Ideally the other teams JN should be Maarten cause then you'd see some serious battles hah! :p (in the end I'd win though).

Jul 3 2011 Anchor

They're boring. They're useless at long range and clumsy at close range. The JN doesn't lead, he's a burden, only following to give his teammates their health back. No minimap means you have to have played each map before or you're going to be an even bigger burden than normal. The black and white vision is silly but not as dumb as the x-ray vision, which serves no purpose at all. Yeah, enemies glow so you can see them through walls without a minimap, but why x-ray vision?Give the JN a second weapon, one that makes him useful at long range. Remove the x-ray vision. Make it so everyone is set to 'opt out' by default so new players don't get confused right off the bat. And making it so the JN can't drive cars would be nice, too. It's too difficult to kill enemies that are in cars.Make the bikes drivable, too.

Jul 4 2011 Anchor

J05H_DA wrote: They're boring. They're useless at long range and clumsy at close range. The JN doesn't lead, he's a burden, only following to give his teammates their health back. No minimap means you have to have played each map before or you're going to be an even bigger burden than normal. The black and white vision is silly but not as dumb as the x-ray vision, which serves no purpose at all. Yeah, enemies glow so you can see them through walls without a minimap, but why x-ray vision?Give the JN a second weapon, one that makes him useful at long range. Remove the x-ray vision. Make it so everyone is set to 'opt out' by default so new players don't get confused right off the bat. And making it so the JN can't drive cars would be nice, too. It's too difficult to kill enemies that are in cars.Make the bikes drivable, too.

I concur.

Jul 4 2011 Anchor

J05H_DA wrote: They're boring. They're useless at long range and clumsy at close range. The JN doesn't lead, he's a burden, only following to give his teammates their health back. No minimap means you have to have played each map before or you're going to be an even bigger burden than normal. The black and white vision is silly but not as dumb as the x-ray vision, which serves no purpose at all. Yeah, enemies glow so you can see them through walls without a minimap, but why x-ray vision?Give the JN a second weapon, one that makes him useful at long range. Remove the x-ray vision. Make it so everyone is set to 'opt out' by default so new players don't get confused right off the bat. And making it so the JN can't drive cars would be nice, too. It's too difficult to kill enemies that are in cars.Make the bikes drivable, too.

I'd say most of that is balance :/

"And making it so the JN can't drive cars would be nice, too. It's too difficult to kill enemies that are in cars."
If i was on the other team id be happy to see the enmey jug in a car, that way he can shoot me. :P
Having him drive is a huge waste too, have him in the side or back and you have a nice fast attack car.

I dont like being the jug but thats just because I dont like the responsibility all that much.

Jul 5 2011 Anchor

shut up, faggot.

fug
fug
Jul 6 2011 Anchor

I think JN's are great to play, this mod when in full swing encourages alot of teamplay and adds a nice element
in that both JN's and base cappers have an inter-twinning part to play.

I like to cover cappers as a JN, though I do giggle at situations where my team mates die and the other teams caps the base, forcing me often to make a run for it to save my arse.

So far I like the mod and the direction it has taken. I like these sort of mods, it reminds me of Dystopia but less complex, though comples enough for there to be depth in the mod and players roles.

*complex enough* (wishes this forum had an edit function).

I used to play alot of TFC, Tribes2, Desert Combat(bf1942), Dystopia, Empires as well as others.

So this mod suits my taste well.

Jul 6 2011 Anchor

J05H_DA wrote: shut up, faggot.

Daww, love you too :P

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.