The Marathon: Resurrection project is breathing new, fully 3D life into an old 2.5D action game. With the advanced 3D capabilities of today's graphics cards, Marathon can become an even more visually-stunning and addictive game. The vessel for this rebirth: Unreal Tournament. Team Unpfhorgiven is taking all those tired, old sprites and turning them into true 3D models. The enemies will be greasier, scarier and, with the help of Unreal Tournament AI programming, far more challenging opponents. We're converting both single-player and multiplayer modes of Marathon, so that PC users can experience what a FPS plot should be like, and Mac users can indulge themselves in nostalgia, and everyone can enjoy the unique, addictive sensation derived from multiplayer Marathon over TCP/IP. We're taking it all, messing with it, and spitting it back out. If you're looking for a carbon copy, try the excellent Aleph One. If you're here, you're getting Marathon, Team Unpfhorgiven-style....
7 July 2007
After nearly seven full years in development, Team Unpfhorgiven is finally releasing what it set out to do long ago: a complete single and multi-player recreation of the original, legendary game, Marathon by Bungie Studios, as a free total conversion modification (Mod) for Unreal Tournament. Our goal was to bring a classic game into a modern engine, on a more universal platform that allows the re-telling of this fascinating story in a way that does justice to the original, but also allows us to give it an updated and unique flavour. We hope that it will appeal to the old Marathon fans looking to re-live some nostalgia and witness things they only dreamed of in the original engine, as well as new fans, looking to enjoy a classic in a new way. Thank you for playing Marathon:Resurrection and thank you for standing by our efforts.
This release is not a simple patch or a beta, it is a complete install and as such can be installed by itself over a fresh Unreal Tournament 436 install or over a previous version of Marathon:Resurrection.
Once installed, the single player experience is meant to be a loosely based replica of the original Marathon by Bungie. Many things that we included were not part of the original, and a few small things may have been omitted, but otherwise this release stays true to the original.
- A working copy of the original Unreal Tournament (patched to version 436, or version 436 from the Unreal Anthology)*
- Any computer system that can run aforementioned copy of Unreal Tournament including, but not limited to computers that run Windows XP, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X with Classic (OS 9 environment), Mac OS X with Unreal Tournament with the Unreal Tournament OS X Preview 3 Release.
* Unreal Tournament is available for purchase as part of the Unreal Anthology package, published by Midway Games. This is an incredible collection featuring Unreal, Unreal II, Unreal Tournament (Game of the Year Edition) and Unreal Tournament 2004, as well as a collection of top-notch Mods and add-ons
Download Marathon:Resurrection at:
- Complete Single Player Experience
27 Solo Maps, new Chapter Screens etc
- 16 new Multi-Player Maps
- More than 10 new monsters, including:
Pfhor Fighters, Pfhor Troopers, Pfhor Enforcers, Pfhor Hunters, Pfhor Juggernauts, Sp'ht Compilers, Drinniol Hulks, Wasps, BOBs, and Lookers
- More than 10 new weapons, including:
The .44 Magnum Pistols, MA-75 Automatic Rifle, Fusion Pistol, WST-M Shotguns, KKV Flechette, SPNKR Rocket Launcher, TOZT Flame Unit and two alien weapons, plus your own battle-hardended fists
- More than 150 recreated high resolution textures
- 15 new and re-mastered music tracks
- Several Player Models and skins including:
The Mjolnr Mark V, BOB and BAB.
...and many more!
Changes from previous versions:
- Too many to enumerate them all.
New in this version:
- New multi-player maps.
- Complete single player campaign, 27 levels in all.
- New Chapter Screens.
- New monsters.
- New GUI.
- Please be aware that the html manual has not been updated for this release. It will be made available as soon as it is ready.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.