Lambda Wars (formerly Half-Life 2: Wars) brings the struggle between the human resistance and their Combine overlords to a multiplayer real-time strategy setting. The Lambda Wars beta only requires Alien Swarm installed to play, but you must own HL2: Episode 2 on your Steam account. It features 3 multiplayer game modes: Sandbox, Annihilation and Overrun, showcasing the Rebels and Combine playable factions and a full-fledged RTS interface and HUD. There is also a singleplayer tutorial and a handful of singleplayer missions.
Release of Beta 1.0.3 of Half-Life 2: Wars. Screenshots, gameplay video, new Overrun map or_trapped, the return of the manned turret, and many fixes and improvements.
Posted by Ennui on Mar 7th, 2011
We're proud to bring you guys version 1.0.3 of the Half-Life 2: Wars beta! 1.0.3 features a brand-new claustrophobic 2-player Overrun map called or_trapped, by our very own pandango. The Combine manned turret that has been absent since Beta v0.5 way back in 2008 has returned as well, and 1.0.3 features a whole host of other minor fixes and improvements to the game.
You can download the files here on ModDB: [ client EXE / client ZIP / server ZIP ]. If you aren't sure which of those to download, just download the EXE. 1.0.3 is a full install, so it would be best to remove previous installations of HL2: Wars before running the installer. You also have the option of using Desura, which we strongly recommend. While you wait for it to download, check out 1.0.3 in action here:
As always, we are looking for more level designers and 3d artists to round out the HLW team, so if you are interested get in touch. You'll be hearing from us again soon - we have big things in the works, with Beta 1.1 in the pipeline - featuring fully-playable Resistance and Combine factions in skirmish mode!
1.0.3 Full Changelog
* Reduced Antlion Guards speed 20%
* New map or_trapped (Overrun)
* Map boundaries
* Secondary fire ability AR2 (Combine elite soldier)
* Mountable turret
* Rebel soldier (sandbox)
* Shield and heal station ability icons
* Group type abilities like "Attack move" and "Burrow" are now applied across the whole selection, instead of just the specific unit type
* Construct ability now also serves as a repair ability
* Creation of abilities is now predicted on the client
* Better loading and scoreboard fonts
* The color of the stalker laser now uses the team color, instead of red
* Nest Maintenance ability (replaced by construct/repair ability)
* Improved unit group goal arrival
* Fixed incorrect paths found by not considering the unit sizes correctly
* Being able to set the rally point of buildings you do not own
* Unable to select a player as lobby leader in case the player name contained spaces
* Player not spawned in the map when a skirmish game was started in some specific cases
* Portraits not changing when selecting a different unit while you already have an unit selected with a portrait
* "Attack move" sometimes failing due a bug in the unit ai, causing units to stop moving towards their move attack goal
* "Leave control" button in sandbox broken when cheats are not on
* Recharge time not set for the ability in the top left slot after using it
* Incorrect run animation combine soldier in case equipped with a shotgun
* Wrong font used for displaying the player names above units that are directly controlled
* Weapon not drawn of the unit when directly controlled by a player
* Move and attack sounds played for each unit in the selection, while only the first unit should do this
* No resources taken when executing the grenade ability
* Move order behaving like "Atack Move" (not ignoring enemies)
* Changes made with the attribute editor are now reset on map change (sandbox)
* Antlion guard pose parameters incorrectly initialized, resulting in incorrect animations
* Queued ability orders not being cleared in case the order was canceled.