Lambda Wars (formerly Half-Life 2: Wars) brings the struggle between the human resistance and their Combine overlords to a multiplayer real-time strategy setting. The Lambda Wars beta only requires Alien Swarm installed to play, but you must own HL2: Episode 2 on your Steam account. It features 3 multiplayer game modes: Sandbox, Annihilation and Overrun, showcasing the Rebels and Combine playable factions and a full-fledged RTS interface and HUD. There is also a singleplayer tutorial and a handful of singleplayer missions.
Beta 2.0.6 features a host of visual improvements, including new models, textures, animations, and HUD/interface elements on top of the usual bugfixes, code improvements and balancing changes.
Posted by Ennui on Jan 23rd, 2013
The latest update to Half-Life 2: Wars brings a lot of visual improvements to the mod in addition to the usual host of balance changes, code improvements and bugfixes. Our newest developer ProgSys has been hard at work improving the graphical side of the modification and thanks to him we have improved models and textures for control points, manned turrets, the Combine sniper rifle and more, including a building animation for Engineers. Lt_Commander has also created a bunch of updated interface icons and HUD elements which are included in this release.
The map hlw_forest has received a visual update, and the other maps have also been updated to take advantage of our new multiblend terrain shader. You can see a lot of the graphical improvements in action in these screenshots:
Click the button below to install or update Half-Life 2: Wars via Desura (this is the recommended method). Alternatively, you can download the full HL2: Wars Beta 2.0.6 beta files in 7z archive format (extract to your Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods directory).
WARS BETA 2.0.6 CHANGELOG
* Rebel aid station now requires the Triage Center
* Rebel engineer must now walk up close to start constructing a building
* Reduced range at which Stalkers start constructing buildings
* Lowered cost of soldier with shotgun in Overrun to 1 kill
* Raised shotgun bonus damage against light from 3 to 21
* Team games: players now receive resources from their allied control points
* Control point model with flag
* Rebels themed mountable turret model
* Scrap model (used by Engineer when carrying scrap)
* Rebel engineer construction animation
* Combine Sniper rifle model
* New icons for units, abilities and buildings
* New experimental html based Unit Spawn panel in Sandbox
* Mouse cursor now changes to the capture icon when hovering above a control point
* Updated hlw_forest (displacements, multiblend shader and tree sway)
* Updated hlw_slums (removed color correction)
* Updated hlw_battlemounds (multiblend shader)
* Updated or_crashed (multiblend shader)
* Updated or_hill (multiblend shader and tree sway)
* Updated or_trapped (fixed navigation around edges)
* Player camera height is now limited to a fixed height, instead of map defined
* Increased search radius of cover spots when ordering units to move to a location
* Better identifiable Rebel Engineer model
* Units now temporary ignore checking for a valid nav mesh below their feet when jumping down an edge, so they don't stop moving (or_trapped navigation problem)
* Units now ignore checking for a valid nav mesh below their feet temporary at the start of following a path, until they find a valid nav area (to avoid problems when starting in an invalid navigation area).
* Incorrect blood color of various units (zombies, manhack, antlions)
* Reliable overflow error message when trying to select around 200 or more units using a selection box
* Player camera height limits are sometimes ignored on map start of "or_hill"
* Combine Elite alt ar2 fire animation not played
* Combine Elite alt ar2 fire broken until you switch weapons
* Units not shooting back at mountable turrets (instead do nothing)
* Buildings incorrectly taking damage during construction
* Incorrect default mouse cursor used ingame
* Headcrab cannisters being launched at invalid locations in Overrun
* Incorrect resource bonus received from random bonus crates in Overrun
* Units sometimes incorrectly trying to shoot while the los is blocked
* Ability Infiltrate cooldown not set after using it
* Team color of unit circle not always updated correctly.
* Reduced lag when ordering large groups of units
* New building destruction sounds
* Engineer sounds
* Hotkeys no longer automatically overwrite the rts config. The bindings are instead part of the default config.
* Replaced Awesomium by Chromium Embedded Framework