Gunslinger's Academy is a Jedi Academy total conversion which aims to bring gun combat to Jedi Academy Multiplayer. Features include new weapons, achievements, killstreak rewards, a new combat system, several new maps, and multiple new gametypes.
.EXE VERSION, 2.4.3 is REQUIRED. Ensure that you are pointing to the Gamedata folder whenever you are installing. This version comes with a desktop shortcut and other things to help you play the game easier.
WHEN YOU ARE INSTALLING, POINT TO THE GAMEDATA FOLDER
- Added Dual Wielding
- New Weapon: G36C
- New Weapon: L85
- New Weapon Variant: Silenced P90
- Added launcher and installer files
- Added Volumetric Light Scattering (Post Processing effect)
- Added Last Man Standing (g_LMS/g_LMSlives)
- Added chat commands: /me, /roll. These can be typed in chat, but not in the console.
- Added news feed to main menu
- Added weapon icons in the Loadout menu
- Added Post Processing controls to the Advanced menu within Setup
- Players will now play a piece of dialogue whenever they are blinded by a flashbang
- New Color Codes menu (under Settings -> Options -> Color Codes)
- You can now specify an alternate weapons.txt to read from in your weapon overrides .txt, thus making multiple weapons.txts possible.
- Added admin commands: /acp_status and /acp_team
- New objective display system, which reduces confusion in gametype objectives. Currently in Ninja.
- Sniper Rifles (and the AUG) are able to have a single level of zoom, 2 levels of zoom, or a progressive zoom (like base), specifiable in the weapon properties file.
- Killing someone with a killstreak now announces when and how their killstreaks were ended.
- New Ninja ability: Dash
- New entity for map-makers: func_door_new. This allows map makers to make swinging, lockable, two-way (or one-way swinging), break-downable doors with zero scripting.
- Added lockpicking and locking of some doors.
- Added the ability to kick down some doors
- Added XBOX 360 controller support. Turn xbox_power on for XBOX 360 (tm) support.
- Added reload, quickthrow, and toggle auto reload (new feature in itself) to the Controls screen
- Added XBOX 360 menu in Controls
- Default name changed to "Private"
- Slight adjustments to announcer
- The RPG-7 no longer plays M16 grenade launcher sfx (played two sounds at once, causing some bugginess)
- Ninjas can now cloak properly (they couldn't before)
- Weapon damages now ignore base JA location based modifiers
- Sabers no longer cause a massive console spam
- The M16 no longer has bugged damage
- Made guns disappear after a length of time, specifiable through CVAR
- Popping out from ADS now has an animation associated with it (No more instant ADS->idle!)
- baseJA fix: Ragdolls no longer flip vertically whenever they init
- Sniper Rifles now go into ADS before you scope and when you leave scoping
- The TASER now uses its correct first person animation
- Jumping no longer causes the reload animation to reset.
- Prevented some kills from marking the wrong person as the killer.
- Rolling while using a weapon that cannot fire while rolling will result in the weapon dropping
- You can no longer roll while reloading
- Optimized respawning for better performance
- Fixed an issue which caused the game to (rarely) hang at "Awaiting Snapshot" while playing a local game.
- Rolling now results in the proper viewheight being shown.
- Fixed the Escape Point on Barn on VIP Escort
- Fixed MP5 being replaced by a P90 on Trainyard and Villa.
- Cleaned up a lot of the weapon PK3's hierarchy
- Fixed issues with "S_FindName: empty name"
- Fixed a rare assertion failure caused by invalid animevents
- Sway no longer has an effect in ADS
- Selecting primary/sidearm/explosives/CQC via hotkeys now works properly. In addition, the Primary Weapon bind now works properly.
- It is now impossible to spawn with two sidearms, or no primary weapon.
- Fixed a bug which prevented the L85, M249 SAW, P90 and USP Match from properly getting headshots
- Stun Grenades, Flashbangs, Gas Grenades and Smoke Grenades all properly bounce off their targets
- Stun Grenades now inflict the proper knockdown when a target is hit directly by them
- Fixed all smoke grenade and gas grenade related crosshair bugs.
- Now has a delay upon using it
- Reduced damage (On top of th
- Reduced alt fire grenade arm range by 200ms
- Increased firing rate
- Reduced damage
- Increased firing rate
* Sawed Off Shotgun
- Increased damage
- Fires one extra pellet
* M1014 Tactical Shotgun
- Increased damage
* M249 SAW
- Slightly improved accuracy
- No longer affects targets that aren't looking at it (or around it)
- Wider area of effect
- Full blinding typically lasts longer
- All weapon damages have been regulated across the board in order to moderate DPS
- All scopes now zoom in further
- Most explosive weapons (except Stun Grenades) no longer inflict knockdown
- Reduced reload time for the P90. Increased reloading time for the RPG and Assault Rifles.
- Greatly increased Melee damage
- Most weapons have a less intrusive muzzle effect, this is to improve ADSing
- NPCs will now run away when wounded, will have more realistic aim, and will attempt to hunt down players who run away from them
- Increased ninja jump height
- Ninjas can now block some bullets
- Increased Ninja crouch-walk speed
- You can now roll backwards.
- Red players in VIP Escort now always start with a TASER
- Double Kills, Triple Kills, and Multi Kills are now much easier to get.
- Special grenades no longer have a smoke/flame trail behind them (except Missile Strike), and now display their model properly (including Missile Strike).
- Missile Strike lasts much longer, and launches a total of 10x as many missiles, in 4x as wide of a radius
- Blood spatter now sticks to walls
- Completely redid a lot of weapon sounds
- Some new animations
- Improved ragdolling and blood efx
- Blood splatter now shows up on screen
The following CVARs have had their defaults changed.
- g_redteam -> "Red"
- g_blueteam -> "Blue"
- g_dismember -> 2
- broadsword -> 1