Version 9.0 has been uploaded! It can be found at the Downloads page of this mod. It's still a WIP, so expect some issues.

Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Maximum Realism (Mods : Fallout 3 Reborn: A Realism Mod : Forum : Feature Suggestions : Maximum Realism) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 29 2010, 12:51pm Anchor

List of servant wishes to his god ;]
1. Travelers and trawers from MTC Wasteland Travelers V2. I think its great mod, level up realism and give us some new quests ;D
2. I admit with DoNotDisturb idea of +1 or +2 INT with rested bonus, +10 is too much
3. Set timescale to 1, what the realism is this, if in 20 minutes of a game we have dawn of day? Also its low realism, when player need to eat each 10 minutes, drink water or go sleep. I love high level of realism, but going sleep 10 times an hour (real hour) is inoing. (PS don't set timescale at the beginning in vault 101, it crush the game)
4. Ammo should weight, maybe Its hardcore, so let it option on/off. Expecially to nukes and missiles. Who the hell will carried 10 mini nukes bomb or missiles?
5. There we can spot a weapons mods like scopes, sillencers or clip exteners on Wasterlands? In a stashes, bodys? I'm not spot any of them, only already moded weapons (in my opinion its big fun to modding your weapon personaly :D )
6. Night its very dark... and thats all. Why we should fear the nights? There is as well dangerous as a daylight. Can you make about species hunt time? The best freaking monsters will travel to the Wasterlands on the nights, and at day the Raiders will attack scavengers, travelers, cities? Hm?
7. BUT THE BIGGEST BUG TO ME IS... Bank. Come on, there is a world after nuclear holocaust, there is no energy, no internet, everybody is wathing for themselfs and there someone have time and suplies to create a bank? How the hell he will transfered my caps from Rivet City to Megaton? By mail? ;p
8. I wondered, if we could cut of arms and legs, but not killing hostiles? ;] Imagine how pleasure screams may be ;]
9. Its possible to make taunts? Like "You fu***s", "Holy shit" when enemies throuht granate in you, or "What a f***" when we meet deathclaw ;] ? If its problem with sounds, I can ask my friend for help to makes some (we are movie production students ;]) Also I can do some radio calls ;> for the inspiration ->Youtube -> "Fucking Planet Earth" imagine you are a deer from 1:35 and the wolf is a deathclaw ;] I can kill someone for that modification ^_^
10. Can you place flying virbirds on Wasterlands already at beginning on the game? I think its great to see helis flying at the desert or upper the DC. City is like graveyard, so quiet and peace.
11. Did Reborn work with all DLC? I spoted, that weapons from Operation Anchorage are not upgraded, ex. Gauss gun, in Reborn its weaker than random laser pistol
12. Bones and skulls over Wastelands. If there are so dangerous, why we not spoted bodies and bones on roads, woods, in ruins?
13. Outcasts if are looking for a techs why we don't meet them at DC or old bases? Let them spread out to the Wastelands ;] maybe get them fight with BoS?
14. Disable fast travels? (only for the biggest hardcore players, just like me ;] come on tuff guy!)
15. It possible to make visible weapons slots, like rifle on a back, pistol on sides, granates on belt? Also, weapon slots in my opinion will be works better, when each side will be numbered, you know 1 is knife, 2 is pistol, 3 is rifle, 4 is granate
16. Slow leveling? To be a real master you need hard work and lots of time. In vanilla Fallout 3 you can in one week make your person pretty strong (I know Reborn change balance, but even then player don't need to try upgrade himself, doing main quest will finish the job. That's why I use Slower Leveling, guest what, I use Super Duper Extreme and I have great fun. Now I must search each book, each bulding, each location to find something to help me survive ;] Fu** Yeah!
17. I think, animals are not so dangerous like humans. Raiders and the rest can use guns and kill us in 1 sec. Animals, even deathclaw are slowly and theire not bite so hard as in real life. Image what made animal like tiger with you, when suddenly it jump over you ;] Also zombies, I can stand for 10-20 second when their bite and hit me, and one shot in a head resolve the problem. Big deal. It like safari. Deathclaws must be like T-Rex, the most dangerous and deadly hunter in the Wasterlands. Killed them closely imposible ;]
18. Sory if I missed this, is humans in Reborn use tactics? I spoted theire walk through to me when theire firing, so one granate resolve the problem, or shot from side, behind rock, when this idiots come over.
19. Making traps, used granades and tripwires, bears traps (theire not kill enemies, but it may be usefull, expecialy for deathclaws, whose leg was cut of)
20. Theire is lots of abandoned houses in the Wastelands, maybe ghouls make there hives? You know, zombies we can meet only in DC undergrounds.
21. You saw movie "I am Legend"? If cities like Washington will be abandoned, animals should not searching ruins for food? (I mean suburbias, not downtown)
22. I think food and water are not very much radiated, we can eat 30 eggs or apples, and few RadAways resolve the problem in couple minutes. In real life radiation is more dangerous don't you think? In Fallout we are not fear to get high radiation level, because its don't kill uss. 1000 rads is far far away from this what we are already get. I never die killed by radiation. Also, radiation sickness, even treatment, stay long time. If we are not killed, we change into ghoul, like everybody in Wasteland
23. Delay DLC, after when we leave Vault 101 we have notice radio calls from all DLCs, its silly and no real. Try Archorage, at the beginning we can find Outcast base, finish simulation and we get free xp (its veeeeeerry easy missions) and power armor its make game too easy.
24. Why only Dogmeat or Scavengers dogs are neutral? In description on Fallout, the nuclear holocaust survive many of dogs. Maybe create some of them near cities? (this little creatures will live closely to humans, don't you think?)
25. Dynamic Weather? (but edited only in house terminal, set it default)
26. Eye Damage, I notice, that cripied head or blood spread to our face don't make harm to us, nothing very serious. If shrapnels blow next to us, dust cover our head, let make us blind like a bat ;]I know, its sounds scary, but war its not a parade, it's a hell, so try survive it ;]
27. Player runs everywhere everytime, sh** even maratonians not walk so long without rested. I think from time to time player must stop for a while, or walk slowly (don't you have sound of breathing? ;> that's make nice atmosfire or better - taunt "Oh shit, I'm so tired")
28. Almost forgot, mines. Why you disengage proximity mines? Now there are useless and harmless, because we see them and nothing can stop us to close them and pick up. If in real world mines would work like this, sappers will lost theire job.
29. Immersive healt visual, if you not cover, youre surely dead man ;]
30. May you change Cover Ops perk? Its give a sh**
31. Creature Areas. In my opinion its not good, if we can meet radscorpion or robot or dog everywhere on Wastelands. Mountains and highlands are reserve for big and dangerous animals, dog, mole rats and other of this for suburbias, robots for DC ruins and areas near abandoned cities, expecialy Robco Facility. (about ghouls, maybe places where dark? And spread out at night)
Well that's over my brainstorm ;] if I find something in Reborn 7.1 to change, I'll ASAP notice this to you. I hope you are same hardcore as I am ;] Reborn RULEZ! (but not for pu**s)
PS: Sorry, but MDB not allow me to place URLs, so please google it in Nexus and YT.

Jul 1 2010, 3:11am Anchor

START PART 1

Someone wrote:List of servant wishes to his god ;]

The great Slayer_2 shall hear your pathetic requests :P

Someone wrote:1. Travelers and trawers from MTC Wasteland Travelers V2. I think its great mod, level up realism and give us some new quests ;D

I'm confused... if there is already a mod for this, why not just use the mod? It sounds like it shouldn't conflict with Reborn.

Someone wrote:2. I admit with DoNotDisturb idea of +1 or +2 INT with rested bonus, +10 is too much

For the last time, that was a typo on my part, not intended, and fixed in V7.1.

Someone wrote:3. Set timescale to 1, what the realism is this, if in 20 minutes of a game we have dawn of day? Also its low realism, when player need to eat each 10 minutes, drink water or go sleep. I love high level of realism, but going sleep 10 times an hour (real hour) is inoing. (PS don't set timescale at the beginning in vault 101, it crush the game)

Not only does changing the timescale cause crashes, it makes time-based quests almost impossible. Imagine if you're told to wait a week? Who will actually play any of that time instead of having to use the "wait" feature.

Someone wrote:4. Ammo should weight, maybe Its hardcore, so let it option on/off. Expecially to nukes and missiles. Who the hell will carried 10 mini nukes bomb or missiles?

There is already an ammo max feature in V7, it's the same idea, but less annoying.

Someone wrote:5. There we can spot a weapons mods like scopes, sillencers or clip exteners on Wasterlands? In a stashes, bodys? I'm not spot any of them, only already moded weapons (in my opinion its big fun to modding your weapon personaly :D )

Specifically modding weapons is an unnecessary feature, in my opinion, every combo of weapon can already be found in the wasteland, if you look around.

Someone wrote:6. Night its very dark... and thats all. Why we should fear the nights? There is as well dangerous as a daylight. Can you make about species hunt time? The best freaking monsters will travel to the Wasterlands on the nights, and at day the Raiders will attack scavengers, travelers, cities? Hm?

I see no reason why nights should be more scary than day?

Someone wrote:7. BUT THE BIGGEST BUG TO ME IS... Bank. Come on, there is a world after nuclear holocaust, there is no energy, no internet, everybody is wathing for themselfs and there someone have time and suplies to create a bank? How the hell he will transfered my caps from Rivet City to Megaton? By mail? ;p

A necessary feature, in my opinion, now that caps have weight, it's the best way to stop people giving my mod a "1/10" rating :P

Someone wrote:8. I wondered, if we could cut of arms and legs, but not killing hostiles? ;] Imagine how pleasure screams may be ;]

I wish.

Someone wrote:9. Its possible to make taunts? Like "You fu***s", "Holy shit" when enemies throuht granate in you, or "What a f***" when we meet deathclaw ;] ? If its problem with sounds, I can ask my friend for help to makes some (we are movie production students ;]) Also I can do some radio calls ;> for the inspiration ->Youtube -> "Fucking Planet Earth" imagine you are a deer from 1:35 and the wolf is a deathclaw ;] I can kill someone for that modification ^_^

Finding suitable voice actors is only a small problem, you must also consider that people will wonder why your character only speaks in combat, and not when he's actually in conversation.

Someone wrote:10. Can you place flying virbirds on Wasterlands already at beginning on the game? I think its great to see helis flying at the desert or upper the DC. City is like graveyard, so quiet and peace.

What I want to do, is better, in my opinion. I want to give the player a controllable AC-130U gunship.

Someone wrote:11. Did Reborn work with all DLC? I spoted, that weapons from Operation Anchorage are not upgraded, ex. Gauss gun, in Reborn its weaker than random laser pistol

Version 7, does not, I repeat, DOES NOT, support DLC. You can still play it, but it won't be modded.

Someone wrote:12. Bones and skulls over Wastelands. If there are so dangerous, why we not spoted bodies and bones on roads, woods, in ruins?

Good point, I may do that sometime.

Someone wrote:13. Outcasts if are looking for a techs why we don't meet them at DC or old bases? Let them spread out to the Wastelands ;] maybe get them fight with BoS?

The tech is a good point, but I don't think that the Outcasts fight the BoS. They dislike each other, sure, but not enough for war.

END PART 1

START PART 2

Someone wrote:14. Disable fast travels? (only for the biggest hardcore players, just like me ;] come on tuff guy!)

Already a small mod for that, it works 100% with Reborn, I use it sometimes. Fallout3nexus.com

Someone wrote:15. It possible to make visible weapons slots, like rifle on a back, pistol on sides, granates on belt? Also, weapon slots in my opinion will be works better, when each side will be numbered, you know 1 is knife, 2 is pistol, 3 is rifle, 4 is granate

I tried it, but the feature has been dropped to make V8 compatible with the DLC.

Someone wrote:16. Slow leveling? To be a real master you need hard work and lots of time. In vanilla Fallout 3 you can in one week make your person pretty strong (I know Reborn change balance, but even then player don't need to try upgrade himself, doing main quest will finish the job. That's why I use Slower Leveling, guest what, I use Super Duper Extreme and I have great fun. Now I must search each book, each bulding, each location to find something to help me survive ;] Fu** Yeah!

If you already have a mod for this, why ask me for such a feature. It would only promote more whining from pussies.

Someone wrote:17. I think, animals are not so dangerous like humans. Raiders and the rest can use guns and kill us in 1 sec. Animals, even deathclaw are slowly and theire not bite so hard as in real life. Image what made animal like tiger with you, when suddenly it jump over you ;] Also zombies, I can stand for 10-20 second when their bite and hit me, and one shot in a head resolve the problem. Big deal. It like safari. Deathclaws must be like T-Rex, the most dangerous and deadly hunter in the Wasterlands. Killed them closely imposible ;]

In V8, animals are very lethal. A single mole-rat bite deals 50 damage, and a feral ghoul deals 75 damage per swipe. Even Radroaches are more lethal, dealing 25 damage per bite.

Someone wrote:18. Sory if I missed this, is humans in Reborn use tactics? I spoted theire walk through to me when theire firing, so one granate resolve the problem, or shot from side, behind rock, when this idiots come over.

Humans in Fallout 3 use almost no tactics besides shoot and crouch. Nothing can be done about this.

Someone wrote:19. Making traps, used granades and tripwires, bears traps (theire not kill enemies, but it may be usefull, expecialy for deathclaws, whose leg was cut of)

I would like to make trip-wire based traps.

Someone wrote:20. Theire is lots of abandoned houses in the Wastelands, maybe ghouls make there hives? You know, zombies we can meet only in DC undergrounds.

It would be a lot of work, perhaps in a later version.

Someone wrote:21. You saw movie "I am Legend"? If cities like Washington will be abandoned, animals should not searching ruins for food? (I mean suburbias, not downtown)

Never seen that movie, but I believe that you can find some animals in the ruins, can't you?

Someone wrote:22. I think food and water are not very much radiated, we can eat 30 eggs or apples, and few RadAways resolve the problem in couple minutes. In real life radiation is more dangerous don't you think? In Fallout we are not fear to get high radiation level, because its don't kill uss. 1000 rads is far far away from this what we are already get. I never die killed by radiation. Also, radiation sickness, even treatment, stay long time. If we are not killed, we change into ghoul, like everybody in Wasteland

In V8, your ability to heal radiation is limited to doctors and your personal infirmary. I have also tried to implement a "ghoulification" chance at 1000 rads.

Someone wrote:23. Delay DLC, after when we leave Vault 101 we have notice radio calls from all DLCs, its silly and no real. Try Archorage, at the beginning we can find Outcast base, finish simulation and we get free xp (its veeeeeerry easy missions) and power armor its make game too easy.

In V8, power armor is very rare, almost non-existent. There is another mod to disable DLC messages, if I did it, noobs would whine.

Someone wrote:24. Why only Dogmeat or Scavengers dogs are neutral? In description on Fallout, the nuclear holocaust survive many of dogs. Maybe create some of them near cities? (this little creatures will live closely to humans, don't you think?)

Perhaps humans have no spare food or time for pets, and the outcast animals are forced to fend for themselves, causing them to become feral towards everything except their own species?

END PART 2

START PART 3

Someone wrote:25. Dynamic Weather? (but edited only in house terminal, set it default)

Already a mod for this on Fallout Nexus "Enhanced Weather".

Someone wrote:26. Eye Damage, I notice, that cripied head or blood spread to our face don't make harm to us, nothing very serious. If shrapnels blow next to us, dust cover our head, let make us blind like a bat ;]I know, its sounds scary, but war its not a parade, it's a hell, so try survive it ;]

How could you repair eye damage? I fear that making such realistic features would be too annoying, even for us hardcore players.

Someone wrote:27. Player runs everywhere everytime, sh** even maratonians not walk so long without rested. I think from time to time player must stop for a while, or walk slowly (don't you have sound of breathing? ;> that's make nice atmosfire or better - taunt "Oh shit, I'm so tired")

There is a sprint mod for Fallout 3, you could get that, it adds a tired sound effect to your character after running for too long.

Someone wrote:28. Almost forgot, mines. Why you disengage proximity mines? Now there are useless and harmless, because we see them and nothing can stop us to close them and pick up. If in real world mines would work like this, sappers will lost theire job.

In reality, landmines detonate when stepped on, not with a 10-foot proximity and a loud, beeping countdown. I do, however, wish to disable the light, and make a chance of failing the disarm, which will end up very lethal for you.

Someone wrote:29. Immersive healt visual, if you not cover, youre surely dead man ;]

I'm working a basic system like that.

Someone wrote:30. May you change Cover Ops perk? Its give a sh**

When I get to Op Anch, yes, I will.

Someone wrote:31. Creature Areas. In my opinion its not good, if we can meet radscorpion or robot or dog everywhere on Wastelands. Mountains and highlands are reserve for big and dangerous animals, dog, mole rats and other of this for suburbias, robots for DC ruins and areas near abandoned cities, expecialy Robco Facility. (about ghouls, maybe places where dark? And spread out at night)

Any changes to creature spawns would take days of work, you'd have to scour the wasteland manually, in the GECK... no easy task.

Someone wrote:Well that's over my brainstorm ;] if I find something in Reborn 7.1 to change, I'll ASAP notice this to you. I hope you are same hardcore as I am ;] Reborn RULEZ! (but not for pu**s)

Haha, thanks man, I like Reborn as well, V8 is definitely NOT for pussies.

END PART 3

--

Mod DB - Game Modder

Jul 1 2010, 9:36am Anchor

Well, about upgrades like Westerlands Travellers, i thouht You may use some of idas from this mods :) but sure, I can download them and playing whit them (like already have ;])

Ad 3. In F3 there are time based quest? I dont notice that. Hmmm ok, If youre sure thats the better for mod, i will play with timescale for my own ;D

Ad 4. Youre right. Right now I have problems with collected weapons and tools ;p so if ammo will have a weight, most time we will have to use knifes or sticks :lol:

Ad 5. How many kinds of modder weapons are? All of them are modded? Like chinesse rifle? (Can you change colors of modder weapons? Silenced rifle with ACOG is like Black Ops weapon, maybe butt be dark?

Ad 6. About nights I mean theire is a alternative with hostiles. At a day we meet often hostile humans with guns, bug after dusk animals like deathclaw are go for hunting :rambo: theire is a question - going for trip while day, and makes gunfiring, or going by night and avoid much bigger animals? 8)

Ad 7. Well, why not collect money in the house safe? BTW theire not weight much, I never have problems with carring 4000 caps :) but ok, if you not removed banks terminals I will still alive 8) About Wastelands Travelers Mod, banks may be usefull, beacuse we may meet a thiefts lost half of our money, killing them is not always good idea ;p

Ad 10. I say only "F*** YEAH!" Is AC-130 be avieable by special quests? Is this not too big facilitate?

Ad 17. Cool, Im already used Marts Mutant Mod RC 5. Know animals are very lethal, expecialy kinds of deathclaw (and also bigger, from distance you already pissed into pants when theire walked on horizon)

Ad 21. No, in DC there are only Mutants and Centaurs (shame, why not any robot, ghoul (at night), dogs, mole rats?

Ad 22. F*** Yeah! But maybe also change radiation level much higher? Expecialy for toxic waste barrels. Greenare Pastures should be veeeeeery lethal with so much toxic waste. Also places with craters.

Ad 26. I have already such thing mod. Sure, fight with that are fuck*** hard, but if more hard to win its a bigger pleasure from succes ;] BTW, in Reborn stronger helmets may safe from eye damage, dont you think?

Ad 28. Sounds good, but all mines in the world are covered or place under ground ;p what is a point to place them in visible site? :lol: Maybe you add mines detector in pipboy?

The rest of point are closed ;)

32. Right now I finish The Pitt and i have one sugestion. Can you makes Trogs walking on walls? Theire not so dangerous, when we know their come in only from the ground. Ambient of industrial Pitsburg is awsome for walls walking like Aliens from AVP ;]

33. BTW, can you give armors also special mods? Like rad resistance, exlosion res, small guns res, energy res, shell shock for helmets resistance.

34. And NVGs... maybe you add 2 versions, light and pro. Light for uncovered head and give 50% beter visual, and profesional NVGs non-helmet and already in special helmets like Power Armors Helmet, whose gives 100% visual? (and also non model NVGs look poor to me)

35. Blur. I like effets in NVGs of blur. Why not give it when we are fiting? Its look like adrenaline effect :rambo:

36. "-Heavily modified immolation effect. When you're lit on fire, you now cry out in pain and your screen is tinted a bright orange. " this will be also modded? More screams, crying? (I think there should be taunt, but some neutral, non like Christian Bale or Dante from Nexus)

37. Maybe small events? Like calling woman for help and later ambushed by raiders? Group hunting for food? Scavengers looking for new shipment and attack you for defend their teritory, capturing slaves?

38. Reprograming robots to use them fiting on our side (this on wastelands, not in interiors), I seen this: we use pulse granate, robot is disengage for few seconds and we may try to take his hard disc and change parameters, but its risk failler 8)

39. Weapons Jam while firing?

40. Special hostiles using Stealth Boy? Expecialy in DC and Mountains ;D (humans like, or maybe some kind of deadthclaw? ;])

Right now its all what i can say. I cant wait for V8 :nervous:

See later Slayer!

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.