The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
A multiplayer First Person Shooter (FPS) based on cooperative teamplay and objectives. First installment is based on the movie Black Hawk Down, where no teammates are left behind. Attack, counterattack; conflict.
This is the true story of the Battle of Mogadishu, the longest sustained ground battle involving American soldiers since the Vietnam War. An elite force of one hundred twenty American Delta units and Ranger infantry were dropped into Mogadishu on October 3rd, 1993, to abduct two of Somalian warlord Mohamed Farrah Aidid's lieutenants. Instead, two UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters were shot down, and what was expected to take an hour lasted fifteen, resulting in the deaths of eighteen Americans, seventy three wounded, and hundreds of Somalians dead.
This group of one hundred twenty American soldiers on a seemingly routine humanitarian mission in Somalia find themselves outnumbered and outgunned by Somali soldiers.
October 3, 1993: At the height of the US involvement in Somalia a team of Rangers and Delta Force plan a raid on a meeting of Somali warlords, hoping to destabilize their regime and make the task easier for feeding the millions of their starving citizens. The raid calls for four Black Hawk helicopters to drop four teams of troops into the area around the building where the meeting was taking place and then to raid the building, arresting pre-determined targets. A back-up force on the ground would then move in to carry the prisoners away.
From the very moment the Rangers and Delta Force drop from their Black Hawks into the dusty streets of Mogadishu the raid goes horribly wrong. The forces come under an unexpected barrage of gunfire from all sides. As more troops are dropped into the streets the gunfire becomes more intense. Not only are members of the militia attempting to prevent the raid, but the citizens of Mogadishu sick of US interference in their country also take arms against the US.
With the ground forces pinned in their positions the Black Hawks hover overhead attempting to provide covering fire and using their rotor wash to disperse the crowds of civilians gathered in the streets. Two Black Hawks are gunned down within the first half an hour of the failed raid, resulting in one of the largest US military rescue missions of recent times.
The back-up ground force is sent in to rescue the crews of the downed Black Hawks, however soon they find themselves under heavy gunfire and taking casualties. With the initial raid force pinned in their positions, and the ground convoy also under heavy fire, over one hundred soldiers must spend a night fighting for their lives in a city that literally wants to see them killed.
When the fighting subsides the next morning eighteen US soldiers are dead and over seventy injured. The toll for the Somalis is much worse; over one thousand are injured and five hunderd have been killed.
- Delta Force
- US Army Rangers
- Somalia Militia
Mission One: Secure the crash site:
- The Rangers are the first team to spawn on the map.
- The entire team will spawn together.
- They must make their way as quickly as possible to the crash site.
- Once they arrive at the crash, one player will have a welding torch.
- The player with the welding torch will have to stand staitonary for x amount of seconds, cutting out the injuried pilot.
- The rest of the Ranger team will have to provide cover for the welder.
- If at any time the welder dies, another Ranger must pick up the torch and contiune from where the last welder left off.
The Somalia Militia
- Next to spawn onto the map are the Somalis (after a delay of x amount of seconds).
- The Somalis spawn in at random points on the map, giving them the advantage and the ability to ambush the resuce team.
- The Somalis only objective is to terminate the Ranger and Delta teams.
- ** The Somalis are the only group to respawn after dieing. **
- The final group to spawn onto the map is the Delta Force (after a delay of x amount of seconds).
- This group will also spawn together in one area.
- Once spawned, the Delta Force must make their way safetly to the crash sight.
- Their objective is to assess the damage and recover any soldier that has be killed in battle.
- Final objective of the game is to await the APC (which arrives in x amount of minutes).
- Once the APC arrives, both Ranger and Delta forces must load the casualties onto the APC.
- Once everyone is sucred onto the APC, it must be driven down a long dirt road until a time limit runs out.
- Once the time limit ends, the Delta and Ranger teams have won the match.
- ** Everyone must be loaded onto the APC to advance, this even includes the dead. **
For any of you interested, Extraction Half Life has now opened it's forums to the public. You are now all welcome to come to the website and post whatever it is that may be on your mind.
We here at EHL also have some other big news... expect a huge site update within a few days. The entire layout of the website will be redone, boosting a site map, which will make navigation easier and will also make the page look sleeker. We will send word when the update is finalized, so that you all may come and soak up the goodness.
We are still hard at work on the mod, and we are currently skinning all the weapons. So, expect to see them posted very shortly. We now have the in-game startup menu fully functional, pictures will be posted on the site soon. Some extra content has been posted on the site as well, be sure to check it out.
I think that is everything in a nutshell, be sure to swing by and show Extraction Half Life a little love. If you have some free time, but sure to post something up in our forums, and make sure to keep an eye out for this sleeping giant!
To the community, Extraction Half Life has once again completed a huge webpage update... boasting a lot of new content. The site is finally coming together...
Extraction Half Life has been going through many changes as of late. The word around the campfire is that all the weapon models are complete, a map is...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.