In this mod of Duke Nukem 3D, Duke has a large variety of weapons and gadgets that upgrade as he uses them. As you progress through the game, you will encounter more powerful monsters to match your increased firepower. Based on the popular Duke Plus mod, War of Attrition incorporates many of the same features (including improved monster AI, bot allies, mirrored levels, damage effects, and more). Attrition also comes with over 100 high quality fan made levels and several game modes. Addictive with lots of replay value, Attrition showcases some of the best levels ever made for Duke 3D, adding new gameplay but keeping the essence of the original game intact.

Forum Thread
New version: 1.7 release candidate (Games : Duke Nukem 3D : Mods : Duke Nukem: Attrition : Forum : Bug Reports : New version: 1.7 release candidate) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 8 2015 Anchor

I'm calling the latest version 1.7RC

I may have messed up somewhere in the version numbering but oh well. Please use this thread to report bugs with version 1.7RC, which was uploaded on 11/8/2015

I didn't find anything on my end which would explain the graphical glitches reported about the last version (again, I'm not seeing them here). I did add some code which might prevent the reported map breakages, but I want to emphasize that these are not caused by the Attrition mod AFAIK. The main change for this release is the inclusion of a new enemy, the armored trooper. He is a sprite edit of LIZTROOP (lizard trooper). Jet_Nick did the art and I did the code. He is a powerful enemy and the overall effect of including him is to make the game harder, I think. I'm pretty happy with the weapons I came up with for him.

Some known bugs that still exist:

-Starting a level with the user map option will fail if the level you are trying to start is already defined as part of the game.

-Using alt-fire with dual pistols will consume 25 bullets, instead of 24.

-Level numbers are displayed incorrectly in some contexts

Jan 11 2016 Anchor

Thanks for your work on this. I played this earlier this year and had a lot of fun with it, but then suddenly it stopped working properly. I tried again with 1.72 but the same problem persists. This is what the main menu looks like:

Mar 22 2016 Anchor
nacimbouchtia wrote:

Thanks for your work on this. I played this earlier this year and had a lot of fun with it, but then suddenly it stopped working properly. I tried again with 1.72 but the same problem persists. This is what the main menu looks like:

Wow, that's messed up. Sorry it took me so long to see this. Could you show me the contents of the eduke32.log generated when you run the game? I have never seen this problem before. It makes me think there is a graphic card/driver compatibility issue.

May 13 2016 Anchor

I'm an idiot and forgot to copy over the GRP file like the instructions said to. Still though, I was surprised it didn't give a more obvious message. I was stumped for months!

May 15 2016 Anchor
bouchacha wrote:

I'm an idiot and forgot to copy over the GRP file like the instructions said to. Still though, I was surprised it didn't give a more obvious message. I was stumped for months!

I'm surprised it ran at all! I'm glad you finally came back to it and figured it out. By the way, I am working on Duke Forces these days, so it will be a while if there is ever another Attrition update.

Aug 27 2016 Anchor

Hello Dan! I hope you will check back here.:D

I got the latest Attrition version since I wanted to play again fully.

The weapon and player level XP bug happened to me as well even with your hotfix ( I got it from Duke4.net and restarted the playthrough).

In the original campaign I got to Warp Factor and right at start in the small room flanked by the two elevators after the battle with the small army of Sentry Drones a Super Trooper spawned.
This guy yielded like 4k XP and the weapon that I was holding at that moment quickly gained a new level.
Worse is that it got "tainted" and now whenever I fire at an enemy with that specific weapon that I held when I killed the Trooper it always gains a level instantly and my player level also grows very fast along with it...
The other weapons that I didn't use on the Super Trooper are fine. I loaded and re-tested with a lot of them even the foot and the same thing happens...Trooper dies yields a lot of XP and the killer weapon gets stuck on leveling up fast. Leveled the Shotgun to 13 in a few shots and then it stopped...or so it seemed.

Obviously I killed more of these new Super Troopers (which are awesome btw) up until this point but it happened now in that specific spot. Maybe the spot is irrelevant since monsters are generated randomly but I provided every info I could. Maybe the monster is irrelevant as well and this could happen with any foe.

Could you please take a further look into this? I really want to play through your Mod again with this new version.:)

I also posted this in the Duke4.net forums in your Attrition thread.

Cheers!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.