Eastern Front is a free mod for Company of Heroes. Following the ethos of mimicking a Relic Entertainment expansion pack, Eastern Front has succeeded in adding two full new factions, the Soviet Red Army and the German Ostheer, packed with unique and exciting units to the existing armies - a feat never before achieved in the Company of Heroes world.
Happy Holidays Eastern Front Fans! We have some news from the front!!!
Posted by blackbishop on Dec 7th, 2010
Today we shall unveil a feature of the upcoming 1.30 patch (formerly known as 1.24)...
The Royal Marines Commandos
Marines Commando Squad
As you might know, every faction has two EF reward units, except for PE and Brits who have one each. You'll also know that EF Team applied some ideas from experts at GameReplays.org to improve balance. However, it would seem that the British need more than just balance changes, they are broken from the roots up.
When I said " need more than just balance changes" I meant that trying to modify the Commonwealth to find balance and, finally, extensive player interest, would require extensive changes; a complete rebuild from their current situation, almost totally replacing Relic's original Army, a policy which EF has always been against.
So, we have a surprise for you!
We give you an "additional" British faction, this time with improved faction design - giving players more of what they enjoy from vanilla sides; while holding true to Commonwealth uniqueness!
All Changes to the Commonwealth faction are togglable through a single optional Reward "unit".
Buildings can now be built at any time; they do not require an officer anymore. Also, you acquire all units from all buildings without the need of an officer.
Truck lock down sectors, but do not gain additional resources unless an upgrade is researched.
Units available: Marines Commando Squad, Lieutenant, Marine Sapper.
New Building added to the tech tree.
SAS Forward Command
- Like an HQ glider but can only land on friendly territory.
- Cost: 220 manpower 45 fuel.
- Units available: Bren Carrier, SAS Raiders, SAS Recon Jeeps, SAS Light Support Jeeps.
Field Support truck
- Cost: 385 manpower 95 fuel.
- Units available: Staghound, Captain, Achilles.
Armour Command Truck
- Cost: 605 manpower 145 fuel.
- Units available: Cromwell Tank, Cromwell Command Tank, Comet Tank.
Marines Commando Squad:
- Regular infantry section with normal movement but unable to make trenches.
- Cost lowered to 375 manpower.
- Reinforce cost percentage increased.
- Recon element now:
- - Camouflage when in cover like PE Falls.
- - Sharpshooter ability remains.
- - Increased Accuracy.
- - Decreased Cooldown.
- - Increased Capture Rate.
- - Reduces health by 5hp per man
- Recon Element cost increased from 35 munitions to 50 munitions.
- Regular sapper squad with normal movement but unable to build trenches.
- Other defenses become available for construction when the Captain has been deployed.
- Basically 4 Tommies with 3 Thompsons and 1 PIAT.
- Fast capping speed and cost 375 manpower.
SAS Recon Jeeps:
- 2 Jeeps in a squad (1 with .50 cal).
- Cost 450 manpower.
- They have -30% received accuracy as standard.
- Can detect as normal jeeps.
SAS Light Support Jeeps:
- 2 Jeeps in a squad. Armed with recoilless rifles.
- Cost 350 manpower 20 fuel.
- Cannot detect.
- M10 with long range, 17pdr gun.
- Cost 380 manpower 75 fuel.
The lieutenants bonuses is not stackable.
Starting Resources Change
Commonwealth starting resources lowered from 460 manpower, 15 fuel, 25 munitions to 375 manpower, 15 fuel, 0 munitions.